✨Pierre Gasly - World Cup

Thank you useresssss for the request x. Hope you enjoy!

Pierre stood in the stands chanting his girlfriend Sophia's name with the rest of the proud French. Since we last visited Sophia, she and Pierre became official and let's just say, she got her first chance for her goal. Not just one, just about 100. She also made a new friend in the French national team, miss Madeleine Gasly. Yup, you got that right. The little sister of her boyfriend. She took her under her wing and kept her close. They were training buddies and practically best friends, despite their teams not exactly being under the best of terms.

Pierre looked down watching his little sister passing the ball to the love of his life as a warm up excercise. Sophia smirks as the chants of her name echo around the stadium and ends up chanting along with them. She faces the crowd and urges them to shout and scream louder, to which they comply and erupt into even louder shouts. She laughs and turns back around to finish off her training. Her eyes fall onto an assistant coach jogging towards her which she waits to see what he had to say. "Hey what's going on?" She asked. "I have been sent over to get you to focus on the match and not so much the fans." He says into her ear. Sophia pulls a disgusted face and looks back to the manager with an equally disgusted face. "As much as I would love to focus, I can't without the noise. I also think the show is important too don't you think?" She innocently smiles as the coach runs back to where his post.

Sophia and Madeleine walk over to the tunnel to go and change for the match to begin. The pair are met with the beaming face of Pierre with his girlfriend's Jersey and his sister's "Gasly" scarf. "Hello mon coeur." He whispered, kissing Sophia's cheek. "Hello to you too." She smiled back. "How long now until the game?" He asked. "Not too long. Two inutes or so." He nodded and conversed with his sister on the side. Sophia had to get into the mood now, she had to lead her team to victory. They had to win.

The match went by smoothly but my god was it tense. Yellow cards and frees were handed out left right and centre. It ended up being a draw with Sophia and Madeleine scoring the only two goals for France and Meghan Rapinoe scored the two for America. Extra time ended and now it was all down to the penalties. It started off with France, who scored their penalty then handed over to America, who also scored. It was like a game of cat and mouse at this point that basically anyone good or anyway decent at the penalties took the penalties. Even Madeleine scored. America's fourth penalty. The player squared up and stood ready to launch the ball to the back of the net, unfortunately for her, it only made it to the goalkeeper's hand. The French screamed and cheered while the Americans held their breath and silently spoke a collective prayer that the French would mess up too. Also unfortunately for them, they didn't have Sophia. The captain pushed her forward to take the penalty. It was all down to her. She felt the weight of every single French person on her shoulders. The goalkeeper spread out ready to pounce at the ball. Three, two, one. Bam! As if it was in slow motion, she watched the ball travel towards the keeper and past her and slamming into the back of the net. Sophia dropped to her knees in tears. They had done it!

She was thrown about but she didn't care. The random French words being screamed didn't even register in her brain. When she stood up, she looked around at the blue, red and white confetti and colourful powder dancing around the air. The screams, the chants, the people and the atmosphere all clashed together and made a silky yet chaotic heaven for her. Pierre ran onto the pitch in open arms, ready toit be met with Sophia. She turned around to Pierre's voice screaming her name and ran as fast as her already tired legs would let her. "Do you know what you just did?!" He shouted excitedly spinning her around. "I just won the fucking World Cup!" She shouted back before kissing him on the lips passionately. A photographer nearby snaps a beautiful shot of them in the tender moment for memories that would undoubtedly be shown to the kids in the future.

"Sophia!" She spun around when she heard her captain call her over for the presentation ceremony. Sophia looked back to Pierre and smiled. "Don't go anywhere. I'll be back soon." Pierre took her cheek in his hand and pulled her closer for yet another kiss. "I'm not going anywhere." He whispered in her ear before she skipped away wearing the biggest smile she could muster. She truly had it all. The world cup, the friends, the family, the man. She had everything and more than what she could have ever dreamed of and to be perfectly honest, she wouldn't change it for the world.