🏎️Robert Shwartzman - Post Race Struggles

Anonymous request for Robert. I haven't written for Robert yet so I really enjoyed writing this. I always enjoy writing for drivers I don't usually write for so if there are any you'd like, feel free to message me or go to either of the prompt lists (normal and song) to request x

Robert pushed through the tent to get inside. He threw his gloves in anger and slammed the helmet onto the table. He furiously pulled at the wires of his earplugs and began packing up some of his stuff. He heard the ruffles of the tent indicating that someone had come in. He turned to be met with her beaming eyes yet she still looked pitiful for him. "Hey." he mumbled. "Hey. It wasn't your fault you know. Every driver goes for a gap, it's a risk they have to be willing to take." How did she somehow find good in the worst of things? "Nice of you to try and make me feel better but I'm not feeling better. Sure it happens but I should have known better than to do that. I should have known better than to go for that gap."

"It was a gap! It's something you have to risk if you want something bad enough. You need to relax and stop putting so much pressure on yourself to be the best racer." He turns around and throws his hands in the air in frustration. "Here's the problem! I should know better than to have gone for that stupid gap! It was far to small for my car so it's my fault entirely!" Millions of thoughts ran around her head. Why was he doing this to himself. It may have been his fault but he shouldn't do this to himself. He shouldn't torture himself because of a mistake.

"Why are you always so hard on yourself? You are so young and you have so much ahead of you so why would you ever doubt what you are capable of this early on?" She sat on the table as he stood in front of her. "I just don't think I'm good enough. Maybe I'm not cut out for this." Thiughts scattered around his brain. Maybe all of this wasn't meant for him. The racing, the support and especially the girlfriend. "I honestly don't deserve you and for me that's a problem because I want to give you someone you can be proud of but you cannot be proud of this. You cannot be proud of me." She cupped his cheeks and made him look at her. "What is making you say these things?" He let out a sigh and took a deep breath in. "Everybody. Its on my comments, your comments, news articles. Everywhere. You name it, its there and I agree. You deserve to be with someone who isn't travelling around all the time and have someone who is there when you need them. Someone who will never leave your side."

"But I don't want anybody else. I want you and I don't care about what anyone else thinks because whenever I'm with you, I feel like it's just us, even in a room full of people, it's just us. Now let's move onto the next problem we have. What else is on your mind? " He genuinely did not deserve this heaven on earth. No matter what happened, she was always there, she was of the very few that was willing to listen to his problems. "I want to talk about the gap for a minute so just brace yourself."

An hour had passed and they were still talking about the gap he took, even though the race was over. The two were entangled in one another on the floor deep in conversation, not caring who else walked in. "If I remember correctly, Senna once said that if you don't go for a gap you are no longer a racer. You went for a gap and you are a racer. It happens. I'm just going to say one thing though." He looks up to his girlfriend. "You have to go say sorry to Guan for hitting his car." He sat up. "I will go do it now." he places a kiss into her lips as he then helps her up. "Thank you." He really didn't know what he would do without her. He'd be completely and utterly lost without her. He slings his arm around his shoulder and walks out of the tent. "Thank you for listening to my bullshit every day." She looks up at him with a smile plastered on her face. "It's my job to listen to your bullshit."

"Of course. What else are we here for?"
"Exactly."
"Hey Y/n?"
"Mmh?"
"I love you."
"I love you too."