🎶Daniel Ricciardo - Wagon Wheel Part 2

Aaaand we got part 2 enjoy! xx

Y/n stood at the Imola circuit fumbling with the sleeves of her Renault jacket she had over her outfit. She had only met Dan a year ago yet here she was cheering him on at they race as if they'd known each other longer. "Come on Dan." she mumbled under her breath. Dan drove his car like he usually did but he felt an immense amount of pressure, more than usual and he narrowed it down to the short woman in the garage called Y/n. "Okay Dan, focus now." His engineer said through the radio, piercing his thoughts. Dan quickly snapped out of it and returned to having his full attention on the task at hand. The race but his mind couldn't help but wander to the thought of Y/n. She was the dream girl he always wanted.

The race was tense. There were some hit and run moments during that race for sure. Y/n's heart skipped an ungodly amount of beats which didn't help by the crashes happening around her and since she had been doing karaoke with some of them before, she was even more stressed about the dnfs. Seb walked by the Renault garage and spotted her soft smile. He waved over, earning a wave in return before beckoning her over. "What are you doing here? I thought you lived in Texas." He laughed. "Dan asked me to come to the next race and voilà. Here I am." Seb nodded understandably. "Good. I haven't seen him smile like that in a while. He has really been given anything to smile about." Y/n felt some blush rise up to her cheeks. "He probably has been smiling. Not everything someone does is always out in the open." She tried shrugging off the idea but she couldnt. She had to admit, she found him funny and him being super attractive was a bonus.

"That's also true but I don't think it's a coincidence that he is happier after he met you. I'm pretty sure he's in love." He pauses and let's her think for a moment before bidding her a farewell and walking to the ferrari garage, leaving Y/n with her thoughts. Maybe it was a coincidence. She was low-key hoping it was but at the same time, she really wanted him to like her in some way. It didn't make any sense but for her, it definitely did. The race went by smoothly near the end, except for the...incidents but otherwise, pretty smooth. She listened to the radio of Dan and smiled hearing his voice a lot less tense. A comfortable third place, his second podium for Renault. "Wooh. That was tense. Its absolutely boiling in here." Dan chuckled. "You did very well mate. We'll see you back here."

Y/n walked out to the paddock and followed the girls she presumed were the girlfriend's until they stopped at a door and surely enough, out the drivers came, each retrieving a girl and sharing sweet words with them. Must feel awful being a drivers girlfriend. All that worrying for them to make it out of that deathtrap alive? Not really her style. "Y/n!" She turned and found the beaming face of her newfound Aussie friend before she was engulfed into a big hug. "Well hello there. You did brilliant. Very proud." Dan pulled away from the hug and looked at her with furrowed brows. "Wow. Didn't expect you to say you were proud so soon." He chuckled. "I don't know what I'm supposed to say Dan but I think I'd make a pretty convincing confidence coach." She replied. "That you would be. I haven't been this upbeat in a while. How did you find the race?" He asked changing the topic. "Honestly? I've never been that scared in all my life." Dan turned to her, silently urging her to go on. "It's just- I don't know how girlfriends, mothers, anyone would be able to sit by and watch someone they love, voluntarily put themselves in danger. I'd never be able to do that."

"Well, I think if you truly love someone, you wouldn't care. Everything is an act of faith and an act of gamble. When you take a step you do it on an act of faith because you don't know that the floor is going to give under your feet. You have to have faith." Dan said. A small smile crept onto Y/n's face before looking up to the Australian driver. "Alan Watts but I believe he was delivering a speech on love." Dan smiled remembering everything he heard from that random speech and in that moment he realised heoved her. Everything Alan Watts said in that speech was how he felt towards the woman he met in Texas. He couldn't get her out of his head and he was practically a lovesick puppy towards her. He found himself happier, more open around her. She changed him for the better. Maybe Seb was right, maybe she was the right one.

"Y/n?" He asked a few steps later. "Mmh?" Y/n hummed. "Where do you see this going? You and me?" Y/n was caught of guard by his words. "Well, I don't know but I'm excited to find out." She replied using the easiest answer possible, the answer to almost any question. "I'm serious. Do you think we could..." he paused as he realised her eyes were staring into his soul, tearing him up as she did it. "I-it's nothing. Well...no. No it isn't nothing. Can we go somewhere more quiet?" Y/n spotted that he had something he had to say and if he didn't say it god knows what would happen. "Of course. Driver room?" He nodded and away they walked to the driver room.

The second they got inside, Dan sat her down on the couch and locked the door. "Look, I know this is all very sudden and sorry if I'm moving too quickly, it's what I tend to do, I'm a driver so I tend to move fast-" Y/n chuckled. "I hadn't noticed." Dan melted at the sound of her silky voice. "I just really, really like you and I don't ever want you out of my life. I just met you in November but you have already made me happier. I've gotten back to my normal self, no. I'm better than my normal self but that's because you're here. You've helped me and once again, might be rushed but I love you. I just love you."

He didn't know how to react to how she was looking back at him with beady eyes and mouth agape. "I-I don't really know what to say. I'm- wow." Dan swallowed the lump in his throat and awaited her next words. "Seb was right." He looked at her confused. What did Seb say? "You do love me, don't you?" Without thinking once, he nodded. "Maybe just a tiny bit." A small smile returned to her face as she knew then that he had the same feelings as she did. "That's enough for me. What do we do now?" They sat there not knowing what the next step was, well they of course knew what it was, the question they had was how? How the hell would they be able to be together? He's in Australia, she's in Texas. How was that gonna work? "I say we do now and worry later." He grinned. "That's very bold of you." Y/n said through a chuckle. "Well darling, that's the mistake you made. Falling for a driver."