🏎️Alexander Albon - First Podium

There I sat in the back of the Red Bull garage, my hands clasped together and my knee bouncing. Alex was in fourth so far, he just needed to overtake Daniel Ricciardo to be in the podium places. I held my breath as his car went around Daniels and made its way up into third. A shiver goes up my spin and the crew around me claps and cheers him on with me joining in. "Come on Alex." I whisper following silent prayers.

"Okay Alex, final five laps. Let's go." His radio engineer says. "Copy." The tension built up and became almost unbearable to sit through. I almost left on multiple occasions. "Okay Alex, last lap. Let's send it." My anxiousness lowered the closer the came to the finish line until there was none anymore. The chequered flag flies in the sky and Alex crosses in third, securing his first podium. I jump up and run over to the radio engineer. I know I wasn't supposed to run across the pit lane because you know, safety risk but I had to talk to him on the radio. "Christian! Could I?" I don't need to finish my sentence as nods his head and hands me the headset anyway. "Alex! You did it! Well done." I say to him. "Y/n! Oh god your voice. It's been a while since I'd heard your voice." he replies making a smile spread across my face.

"You heard me like thirty minutes ago." I laugh. "That's far too long. You've been with me everyday since...forever. I'll see you at parc fermé- not wait the track I think, yeah?" I nod "I can't see you. You're gonna have to talk." he laughed as I realized he can't see me. Stupid. "Of course you will. Love you!" I hand the headset back to Christian. "He did well." He said. "Didn't he just? Hopefully the first of many." I smile before walking away to parc fermé.

He pulled up to the third place sign and un buckled his belt. After a couple of seconds he got out of the magnificent car and walked towards his crew (he probably walked because of the heat bc lmao my unfit ass would crawl). He celebrated and thanked them all before turning his attention to my smiling face. "You drove brilliantly." I say pulling Alex into a hug. "Well at least now we have something for the mantelpiece." he joked. "If you fit that trophy" I point up to the trophy. "onto the mantelpiece I will give you a ten pound note the second you do so and it cannot fall off or you don't get your ten pounds." Alex jumped between accepting the bet and not but in the end, he did agree.

"Alright. Now hurry up! You're gonna be late to your own podium." He pecks my cheek and walks up to attend his first podium. Christian walks over to me to strike up a conversation. "He deserves that podium." he says in a smile. "It took its time getting here." I joke, earning a laugh from Christian. "Too long. Enjoy the champagne celebration." Oh god. I'm gonna get soaked. Surely enough, the champagne celebration came around but thankfully a Red Bull mechanic gave me an umbrella. "We don't want you getting soaked. Our things are waterproof but yours aren't so much." he said handing it to me. "And now, the champagne!" I put the umbrella up quickly. The champagne bounced of the umbrella and pooled around my feet. The champagne eventually stopped so I took the umbrella down and looked back up to Alex giving him a thumbs up and blowing him a kiss. My champion, Alexander Albon.

A/N: WOOH ALEX! This podium was a long time coming. I'm more of a McLaren fan but I'm happy for Alex, he deserved this podium.