🏎️Carlos Sainz Jr - It's Always Been You

Carlos Sainz. I've known him my entire life. Our father's were both racers and childhood friends and our mother's were friend too before they met the drivers. Naturally, I spent. A lot of time with the Sainz family, even though I lived in Barcelona and they lived in Madrid. We visited each other for the weekends but then things started to change when we were eight. I began karting and so did Carlos. Now, for the first few races we were friends and we got along fine, but then then during the last race of the season, he cut me off and I went spinning, making me lose the championship and ended with Carlos winning it.

I stormed up to Carlos after the race. I threw my helmet at his feet. "You son of a bitch!" A gasp escaped my mother. "Y/n! Language." She yelled. "You took my championship! You made me spin out!" Your father grabbed your hand. "No! You just aren't good at racing! Girls cannot race and I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen! Girls.cant.race!" The statement felt like a stab to the heart. Tears poured down my cheeks as I ran by him to hide under the table in my tent. I had worked so hard for this, I worked so hard only to end up crying. Carlos walked in and knew I'd be under the table, it had been my go to when escaping family. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done that. I think I forgot what I was doing and just-" he slapped his two hands together, indicating us colliding. "Yeah." I sniffed. "It was dumb. You shouldn't have done that." He put his arm around my shoulder as a form of comfort. "I won't do it again. I promise. Oh, and-" he paused taking something. "you left your helmet." I believed his promise. I shouldn't have but I believed it.

Formula Renault. I was about to become the first girl to win the competition. Final three corners of the final lap, he bumped into my rear wheel and off I spun. There was nothing I could have done to save the car, I could only brace myself. I felt the front get hit, then the back and that was it. The car came skidding to a stop. I un buckled myself and hopped out of the car without a scratch. I took my helmet off and walked back to my team. Carlos was up on the podium with the Spanish anthem baliring. I stormed over to my tent again and booted the helmet across the ground. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! It's always the fucking same with this sneaky bastard!" I was done with him and his stupid promises.

My first race in Formula 1. I wasn't the first woman in formula one but I was still a woman none the less. I was driving along the straight of Australia in 2016 and yet again, that pesky Madridsta bastard hit my car but this time, it took both of us out of the race. I hopped out, actually finished with him now. I'm not going to pretend like it just happens. He was out of his car, observing the damage and taking off his gloves. He turned around to be faced with me, the small catalán girl, in a Force India suit, about to rip his head off. "What's your fucking problem?" He was speechless. "Do you have a problem with me at all? If so just say it so I can stop trying to be nice to you."

"Why would I have a problem with you?" he asked, scratching the back of his ear. "You are fucking joking! You always hit me off the track! Now look! Karma is a bitch isn't she?" I threw my arms up in the air. "I didn't mean to-" I shush him by placing my finger on his lips. "No, no, no. I'm in a silver, orange and green car in the middle fo the day! You can't miss it! You made a promise when we were eight that you would stop crashing into me and here we are again Carlos!" He still doesn't say anything. "Just come find me when you want to talk because I'm not doing this right now!" I try to walk away but he grabs my hand to pull me back. "Get off me!"

"No. We are talking now." He leans into my ear. "The cameras are on. Just pretend at least." I scoff and walk away with him reluctantly. "Explain why you won't stop being a douchebag." I say coldly. "Ooh. That hurt. It's almost as if you haven't called me that before." he replied in a mocking tone. I admit, I had called him that a couple of times but it was true. "Yeah? Well don't feed the bullshit excuse of 'I didn't mean to, I didn't see you' cause that what you always say and I played along but now I'm in Formula one! You can't miss my car! Look at it Carlos!" he looked back at the car stranded. "That wasn't my excuse this time."

"Aha, but you had an excuse!" I laugh. "Yes. My brakes weren't responding. They just, stopped working. You can go have a look now if you want but they don't work." That...that actually made sense now. "Oh. Sorry I guess." that apology sounded so ingenuine. "I should be saying sorry. I ruined your first race." Damn. He was actually apologising for something that wasn't his fault. "Can I do anything to make it up to you?" he asked. That took me by surprise. "No, no. It's fine. Brakes well, break sometimes and there's nothing we can do about it really." I reasoned. "How about dinner? It's the least I could do." I stopped dead in my tracks. "Dinner? Like a candle lit dinner? At night?" He nodded with a smirk growing onto his face. "What time?" His smile grew as he heard my response. "Eight or seven. Up to you really."

"Half seven. Would that be alright for you?" He slung his arm around my shoulder. "Definitely. Can't wait princesa." I looked at him again with a smirk. "Princesa? Since when was I princesa?" I ask while being in a state of nervous giggles. "It's always been you."