✨/🏎️Oscar Piastri - Champion

I sit in my apartment eagerly watching the tv. Oscar was ahead in the formula 3 championship and I wanted to watch him win but in the event that he didn't what else could I do? I was nothing but the ex girlfriend. I sat with my packet of sweets in hand watching the formation lap and my doorbell rings. I sigh loudly and speedwalkto to answer. "What are you doing here?" My friend Roxy stood in the corridor. "I came over for girls night." she said lifting a bag. "We didn't plan a girls night." I reply scratching my head. "I know but since we are now both single I think this would be a great time for you to get over that horrible- why are you watching his race?" She spins her head around after seeing the cars. They were ghastly and far too loud in her opinion but to be brutally honest I didn't give a damn. I loved racing and I always have so why should I stop watching it? I also wanted to see how the race would go about. "Look, I want to see how the championship ends and it just so happens my ex is in the race so sit down do what you want to my hair, nails whatever and I will just watch the race. Is that okay with you?" She rolls her eyes and nods. "Fine but I'm not re-doing your mascara if you end up crying." I plump a pillow down on the ground and she gets to work at my hair.

I watch the race focused and gasped as I see Sargeant unfortunately crashing putting an end to his race. "Is that Oscar?" Roxy asked. "No. It's his teammate Logan." I reply. "I thought Frederik was his teammate." I let out a loud sigh. "No. He has two teammates. In formula three there are three drivers a team and in Formula 1 and 2 there are two a team." She nods and continues on styling. I repeat Oscar's name over and over in my head. I watched every corner, every click of a button, every turn of the steering wheel, I watched it all. I found that I was almost as if I was being captivated by the excitement and lured closer and closer towards the tv. I found this because Roxy kept pulling me back. Last lap. Last sector. Last corner. And the championship was his.

"He's done it!" I jump up causing Roxy to flinch and burn her hand with the curling iron. "Are you dumb? No he hasn't! He didn't win." she says. "He has more points than anybody else Roxy! That's how it works and he has won! He's the 2020 Formula 3 World champion! I could kiss him!" I grow silent. I can't kiss him. He's not mine to kiss. I turn around and look at Roxy. We exchange a single glance and in already in tears. "Roxy-" I'm cut off by my tears pouring down my cheeks. She pulls me into a hug and doesn't let go. My cries grow louder and louder but are cut to a muffled sound. I wish I had him. I wish I was his and he was mine but now we were nothing anymore. I think I fell asleep afterwards because I couldn't remember anything else after that.

My eyes flutter open to the muffled sound of Roxy shouting. "How dare you just show up at her apartment! Do you know how much you hurt her?" I heard her yell. "I didn't mean to hurt her-" a familiar voice began only to be cut off by Roxy. "You broke up with her by a fucking text message Oscar! Are you not even respectable enough to at least call the girl?! She's worth more than what you have ever given her! She deserves more than a lousy text message!" I stand on my cold wooden floor and tip toe out to get a better listen. "Could I just-" À loud slám could be heard on the doorframe. "Fuck no! She watched your bloody race yesterday. I don't know why she would ever do such a thing but she didn't even watch the F1 yesterday because she cried so much!"

I walk outside my door as a loud creak erupts from the hinges. The bickering pair turn around and see me standing there with my arms folded. A slight smile appears on Oscar's face. "Good morning." he says. I return the smile and bring Roxy into my room to calm her down. "Oscar, sit there." I say to him motioning towards the couch. He follows my orders and awaits my return. "You are really going to talk to him? After everything he has done?" She asked in disbelief. "I don't know. Everyone deserves second chances. Dad always said if I let someone go out of my life without offering another chance then I shouldn't be crying over them." Roxy nods her head and let's me go out but probably going to listen through the door. I walk back out closing the door with a click. Oscar's head shoots back around to look at me. "Look Y/n, I'm so sorry. I didnt mean-" I sniffle slightly. "Just shut up. I'm giving you a second chance but you listen and you listen well Oscar, the second you mistreat me or hurt me, I am walking out of your life. Do you understand?" He gulps and nods. "I'm sorry. I just-" the tears fell again. Oscsr attempted to hold my arms but didn't get the chance as I jumped into his arms for a hug. "I just missed you so much." I sobbed. He clasped his arms around my small enough figure and hugs back placing a kiss into my hair. "I missed you too. I'm sorry." We pull away from the hug and wipe our eyes. "So, world champion? That's a nice title to add to your name." he chuckles. "Yeah. I didnt know you even watched me honestly. I thought you'd hate me by now."

"I could never hate you. It takes a lot for me to hate a person." He smiles. "So are we back together?" I walk towards the kitchen area. "Only if you make me my morning coffee." He follows me quickly and pulls out my favourite mug. "Two sugars, milk and your hello kitty mug, yes?" He asked. I wrap my arms around his waist. "Of course." Finally, back to normal with my champion....for now