🎶Lance Stroll - Hey There Delilah

So this was inspired by Lance's Spotify playlist and the fact I heard this really cute edited version of Hey There Delilah and linked them together as to why Lance had Hey There Delilah on his playlist.

Lance and I walk around the empty Asda. It was closing but we had just come back from a triple header and needed food so we didn't hare any other choice really. I suggested going to Nando's but Lance isn't a huge fan honestly so we went to our local Asda. I hated shopping. Lance was the opposite. We walked by some sweets and of course, I couldn't resist. "Lance-" I start. He turns around and sighs. "What candy do you want?" I loved how he knew already. "Malteasers or M&Ms." Lance grabs both and chucks them in the trolley. "Thank you baby." I say in a sweet tone. "The M&Ms are for me. You aren't getting any." I place my hand over my chest to show I was hurt which made him chuckle.

We reached the cereal aisle. The occasional car could be heard just going by and the song being played on the speakers. I stopped dead in my tracks and my mouth shot open to form a smile. Lance looked back laughing. "I didn't know you could get so excited about coco pops." I shake my head. "No. I love this song." We stop talking and listen to the opening instrumental of Hey There Delilah. He looks back to me with heart eyes. "I love this song too. Get in the cart." he says. "It's a trolley." I remark but am cut off by him picking me up and putting me in the trolley. "Whatever! Come on!" He starts running up and down the aisles throwing random things in on top of me, making both of us rolling around in laughter. "And Y/l/n goes around the hairpin. Nicely done by the young driver!" he laughs.

"Lance! Slow down! You're gonna bump into something!" He doesn't slow but he does become extra careful when we are turning. "And if she can grab the one pound Cinderella birthday cake, it's hers!" I sit up and reach out for the cake and just about miss it, but grab a caterpillar cake instead. "Oh yes! I love these cakes!" He pushes us down a long aisle and stands up on a part of the trolley so he is not longer in full control us. We run around the Asda for another few minutes before we decide to walk to the checkout to pay for everything. I take everything from on top of me and place them on the conveyer belt. The shopkeeper smiled at us as we mumbled about nothing and let out a slight chuckle. "You two are a lovely couple." She says scanning some items. "Me and my husband used to dance around my back garden when we were younger. I'd go out to put my family's clothes up to dry and then he'd come out to dance while we waited."

"That's so adorable. How long have you been married?" I ask in awe. My hands held my chin up to look at her. Lance was bagging everything but looked at me with a loving smile on his face. "Forty years now. We're both retiring next year." I let out a squeal. "I'd love to grow old with somebody. That's somebody is him." I point towards Lance making his smile grow wider. "Well keep him. You suit each other and the way you look at each other is something from the pictures." We pay for our stuff and we walk out to the car. "Do you wanna drive around for a bit? Go to our spot?" I nod and away we go.

Our secret spot was a hill in the middle of nowhere with a large tree perched on top of it. We pull up to the very top of the hill. The moon hsons bridhtly as the stars scattered around it. We get out of the car and sit on the bonnet of the car looking up to the dark night sky. "Do you want me to put on some music?" he asked. "Yes please." he walks back to the car and connects his phone. A few seconds later, I hear the same song as the supermarket. "Hey There Delilah what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do." A smile forms as he sings along to the words before sitting up on the car. "And I got you a drink form the shopping bag." he says handing me a can of cola.

"Do you think we're going to grow old together?" I ask him. "I'd like to and I hope we do." he replies
He takes a long sip of his cola before sighing. "We might need to get married though." he mumbled. "Maybe. I don't mind if we don't get married. I just want you here beside me. You don't need to make promises that you already made for you to love me any more than you do." Lance pulls me back onto his chest so we are cuddling and looking up to the stars now. "Do you remember why this is our place?" he asked her. "It's where we met and it's where we had our first date and our first kiss too."

"I remember those three events like they were yesterday. How old were we then?" I asked him. "I had just started formula one for Williams and you were in your final year of high school." I give him a look. "Secondary school. Sorry." I laugh. "A lot has changed since then. Two podiums, a lot of ups and downs anyway." He nods. He takes a strand of my hair and plays with it as I draw circles on his chest. "But you know what else had happened here?" he asked. I look up to hear his answer. He had a dopey smile on his face remembering whatever memory it was. "You broke my nose here."

"I didn't break your nose! It was just bleeding! You jumped out at me! What the hell was I supposed to do? You could have been a murderer and because no one usually comes here whoever it was could have hidden my body pretty easily." He laughs at my hysterical reason. "Oh shit. I spilled my drink." he shrieks. "As said in the words of the great Fernando Alonso, karma!" he smirks and shrugs it off. "I told you I loved you here for the first time." I nod remembering it fondly. He set up a blanket with pillows and fairylights and had food for us too. The sun was setting and whatever little part of London that was left could be seen in the distance. The first date. He had to go to Baku for a race and he wanted to spend time with me before he left. One thing led to another and first kiss. Skipping the breaking nsoe part because I didn't break it, it just bled for a bit but we ran around after each other before he grabbed me and we rolled down the hill. Once we reached the bottom he was on top of me looking down. Without thinking, he just said "I love you.That was the best day of my life.

"When we do finally get married, when we leave the reception, we are coming here and we're just hanging out all night and taking a picture. We took photos of when we met here and when we had our first date so I want photos of our wedding here for comparison." I lean in a kiss his lips. "I don't see why not." We pull away from our kiss an dlook into each others eyes. "Let's go to Vegas and get married then. No one will know." My mind goes blank and couldn't even process what he had just said. "You're serious?" He nods his head.

"That is if you want." I smile a dopey smile in disbelief. "Fuck it. Let's do it." He laughs hysterically and grabs his phone to start booking flights and look up churches in Las Vegas. I watch him just thinking about it. "What do we tell our parents? Our friends? What-" His chuckle cuts me off. "You with the questions. Like I said, they don't need to know." He scrolls and shows me a church. It looked small, gorgeous and it was pretty low-key. "I'd say we're ready to go now." He laughed. I nod in agreement. This is hands down, probably going to be the strangest thing I will probably ever do in my entire life. Nothing could possibly top this.