✨Mick Schumacher - Clues

The smell of fresh pancakes and bacon lingered around the kitchen. Mick was in Sochi last week to race and he came home with another double podium under his name while I was staying with and helping the Schumacher family. I was helping Corinna with breakfast when the doorbell rang. "I'll go get that now." She set down her utensils. "I can get it if you would like me to." I offered but she insisted and so I went along cooking the pancakes. Muffled chattering goes on from beyond the kitchen door followed by a pair of arms finding their way around my waist. "Hallo liebe." He whispers into my ear. "Guten tag." I reply. "Ah, also hast du deinen Deutschunterricht gemacht?" I freeze not knowing what exactly he said. I didnt exactly pay attention in my German lessons with him. "Um....wait. Let me think of an answer." He chuckled and placed a kiss onto my cheek. "It's okay. You'll get there eventually." He threw a blueberry in the air and attempted to catch it in his mouth. Notice how I said attempt.

"Mick! Stop waisting fruit!" His mother said returning to the kitchen. "Those pancakes look good Y/n. It's a shame Mick can't have any. He has a diet you see." She chuckled. Mick let out a whimper. "Please Y/n? You wouldn't let your boyfriend starve." He pouted. He knew I couldn't say no to his eyes. "I suppose a little pancake wouldn't hurt but if you mess up in your next race dont blame me. Oh wait, you don't have to race for another month or two so you'll be fine." His smile disappears slightly as he turns to his mother. "Mama? Can I talk to you? Away from Y/n?" He tried to say it low enough so I wouldn't hear but I heard him. "Y/n? Could you watch the food please? Thank you."

A few minutes passed and Corinna came back with Mick, both smiling. "I have the table set and everything is at the table too so now we just need to assemble the family." I say putting down the final fork. "Oh great. Would you and Mick go and get Michael? I'll get the plates out." Mick and I walk towards the living room where the radio was playing some soft music. Mick led the way smiling at his father. "Hallo papa. How are you?" Mick asked walking closer. "I'm good. You're girlfriend has been helping us a lot while you were gone." I smile wheeling him out of the room. "She does tend to help people a lot. I don't think I could manage my apartment without her there sometimes." Michael chuckles as his son jokes. "Oh papá, I actually have something to tell you. Y/n? Could you maybe go into the kitchen?" Well he wants to tell his dad something whether he tells me or not is up to him. He's a grown man. "Yeah sure. Just hurry. Your food will get cold." I peck his cheek and walk away into the kitchen.

As I enter, Corinna gives me a strange look as to why I just came in by myself. "Where is Mick and Michael?" she asked. "They are talking. They'll be in in a minute." I sit down next to Corinna and pour a cup of tea. "So did he tell you his news?" I shake my head. "Well between you and me, he has something to tell you. Very exciting I think." My lips curl into a smile. "Really? Like what? Can I get a clue?" She looks towards the door and leans down quickly. "He's not proposing. That's your clue." She chuckles. "I could have told you that." The door opens to reveal Mick wheeling his father in. He wheels the chair to the head of the table and takes a seat beside his dad.

"This looks great." Mick said about to take a pancake. "I thought you had a strict diet." Michael muttered. "I do its just my cheat day today." Mick replied shovelling a bit of pancake and bacon into his mouth. "Strict diets don't have cheat days." Mick rolls his eyes slightly. "I haven't had anything sugary in the past month or so. Let me have this please?" I arch my eyebrow. "Didn't you eat an ice cream at Mugello?" Mick shot his head toward me making everyone at the table laugh. "No, no. Just eat up."

The evening rolls around and it's after dinner. Corinna and I stood washing the dishes near the sink as Michael and Mick spoke on the porch. "Has he told you anything?" Corinna asked. I shake my head. "No. Nothing yet." She rolls her eyes. "Mein gott. You'd think he would hurry up with news like that." I look over to her confused. "What do you mean?" She looks out the window before grabbing my hand and bringing me with her upstairs. "The last clue I'm going to give you is a jacket. I wore it to Michael's races and I never wore it anywhere else so, if he is like his father, he's going to give you his team jacket when you go to wherever Mick is going to take you." She says handing me an old Ferrari jacket. I look at her still not quite grasping what she was saying. "He's taking me to a race?" Her smile grows. "Something like that." Our conversation is cut short by Mick calling me.

"Liebe! Can you come down here quickly?" Corinna takes the jacket and puts it back into her wardrobe before walking back down. "I need to talk to you." I always hated that phrase. No matter if it was good or bad I always hated it. "Sure." He brings me out to the porch and sits down, patting the spot next to him inviting me to join him. "Do you know what I'm going to tell you?" I shake my head. "Good. I thought mum would have told you by now. Okay so-" he pauses. "I have to go to Ferrari tomorrow." My shoulders slump slightly. I hated when he had to go away. "Oh okay. Is that it?" He shakes his head. "No, no. That isn't the best part." He pauses again.

"I'm going to test drive the Alfa Romeo in Nurburgring in two weeks." My jaw shoots open. "No way!" I squeal. "Yes. That's why I was a bit late back." I jump into his embrace, making both of us fall back. "Holy shit. Are you okay?" He nods. "I'm good. So you aren't mad that I have to go away?" "Why the hell would I be mad? You're making you FP1 debut but seriously, it took you an entire day to come out and say you were driving an Alfa Romeo car?!" He smiled and placed a kiss onto my nose. "I love you but that still isn't the best part." I roll my eyes not even knowing what he was going to say next. He reaches into his pockets and pulls out a pass. "You're coming with me." I squeal louder. "Really? You mean it?" He nods as I tighten my grip in the hug. It goes quiet after a while and our chattering lowered too. "You know, now that I think of it, Corinna's clues make sense." He turns his head. "She kept giving me clues about this and they didn't make sense until now." He smirked. "Papa! You owe me ten euros! She tried to tell her!" Mick stood up and walked in chuckling leaving me all by myself with the moon, the view and the thought of Mick in the Alfa Romeo racesuit.

A/N: aaaaand last one