Blackmail!

Welcome back to the chapter number 74 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

With Nimato

Nimato frowned as he sat around a camp fire with Jiraiya...it actually felt nice to have someone around, he'd been alone for the majority of his life and with Jiraiya even if he was a pervert towards every woman...he was the closest thing to family he had.

However Nimato had noticed Jiraiya's frown he had seen it the moment he had set off with him. This was not the same Ero-Sennin that he had seen when searching for Tsunade...he seemed more depressed and quiet now.

"Jeez I'm bored" Nimato said with a loud sigh staring at the flame of the camp fire. He had barely learnt anything so far...it seemed like Jiraiya had seemed to have given up...he would try to train Nimato but he'd eventually just wander off on his own or just become quiet.

"I wonder how Baa-chan and Shizune nee-chan are doing and Sakura-chan they must be missing me now" Nimato said more to himself and Jiraiya raised an eyebrow at the young Genin's words.

Not likely Jiraiya mused...well Shizune would probably be missing him but Tsunade she was likely to be more bothered about her unborn child and with this Sakura-chan he had seen and heard enough to know this girl was cut from the same cloth as Tsunade.

He knew this was just his heartbroken thoughts but he couldn't help it, he had loved Tsunade for decades and she had never even once gave him a chance even after he had stuck to her after the death of her brother and lover he had been there, her shoulder to cry on that's all he had ever been.

He had spent most of his adult life chasing after Tsunade hoping she would look his way for once...he still did but she had hurt him far worse than ever even when she had told him she was dating Dan it killed him to see Tsunade and Dan together it was one of the reason he had wanted to get out of the village. Now however she had one upped that by being romantically involved with his student and she was now even carrying his child.

The worst part to all of this was he still loved her...and no matter how disgusted he was or how sick he felt when looking at her, his heart still longed for her. He knew she wasn't obligated to love him back after all he had gotten used to it but sleeping with his student...was she intentionally trying to hurt him, was this punishment for something he had done?

Sighing Jiraiya just added this to another of his ever growing failure's...he had failed to help Tsunade move on while Naruto had succeeded he had failed to teach Naruto properly as a man.

"Don't worry you'll see them in two and a half years" Jiraiya commented feeling guilty he was meant to be spending time with his godson yet here he was wallowing over Tsunade...he was not going to add Nimato to his failure list.

"I know...but it seems to long" Nimato said thinking back to all the precious people to him all those he left behind.

"Just think about what you're doing this for and I'm sure you'll see this time away from the village will be worth it" Jiraiya lectured and Nimato thought for a few seconds before smiling slightly.

He was here because he wanted to be able to protect everyone...in Konoha, he wanted to wipe the Akatsuki off the face of the earth and he could then finally bring Sasuke back and Sakura-chan would smile again.

Elsewhere

"What do you mean he got away?" A shadowy figure raged and the guard in front of him cowered there was no insignia on him so the identity of his allegiance could not be identified.