Proud son of Konohagakure No Sato

Welcome back to the chapter number 167 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Konohagakure No Sato

Kakashi gasped in pain as his body was stuck in the midst of a pile of rubble he was unable to move an inch of his body due to how beat up and tired he was. The fight with Pain had gone badly he had at one point nearly cornered the orange haired man with the aid of both Chouji and his father but the sudden interference of another Pain ultimately led him to the situation he was in.

Watching as Pain walked towards him with what appeared to be a nail in his hand made Kakashi smile slightly at the thought of this was how his death was going to be he was glad however that in his last moments he had been able to at least protect his comrades and potentially even his village in the end.

Seeing the nail being launched from Pain's hand Kakashi's Sharingan immediately morphed into its Mangekyo Sharingan form and with his last bit of energy he warped the nail away however in doing so he sapped the last bit of strength he had and closing his eyes Kakashi's hair blew in the wind as his body remained completely still.

0°0°0°0°0°0

Tsunade snapped her eyes open and the green aura of chakra surrounding her disappeared before she stood up and she looked towards where Kakashi had been before gritting her teeth in anger. Facing one of the large pillars on the roof of the building Tsunade punched it in rage...again another one of her shinobi's killed by Pain and this time it was Kakashi one of her strongest followers.

"Tsunade Senju...it's been a long time" Tsunade gasped slightly before turning around in a fighting stance as did the anbu that were protecting her.

Tsunade looked into the air from where the voice came from and widened her eyes as she looked at the figure floating...she had seen this person before she was certain however she couldn't quite place her finger on when.

"You haven't aged a day since I last saw you" Pain stated placing his feet on the ground and it was then Tsunade remembered when she had seen this man.

"You...you're that kid Jiraiya...found" Tsunade stated as she remembered all those years ago how after she, Orochimaru and Jiraiya had been approached by a trio of orphans all with unique colors of hair however she could certainly remember the loud orange haired brat however she didn't quite remember him having the Rinnegan back then though.

"Yes...I suppose you're wishing you had taken Orochimaru's advice back then now aren't you" Pain stated making Tsunade narrow her eyes it was true back when the three kids had approached them Orochimaru had suggested killing the three of them to in his words prevent them from suffering anymore.

"What do you want Pain?" Tsunade questioned truthfully she knew what he wanted however she wanted to know if there was any other reasons for this attack and to see if she could stall some time.

"Tell me where Nimato Namikaze is..." Pain told Tsunade and she gritted her teeth in frustration all this carnage for something like this...the Akatsuki truly was just a band of thugs with large egos.

"Trying to protect the Jinchuriki is futile...and Tsunade it is unwise to lie in the presence of a god" Pain stated narrowing his eyes and releasing his chakra and it immediately cracked the roof of the Hokage building and it even caused everyone on the roof to almost be pushed back if it wasn't for the fact they had channeled chakra to their feet to stop them from being pushed.