Tou-chan

Welcome back to the chapter number 171 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

With Kurenai

Large tremors could be felt from within the large evacuation center located within the Hokage monument. Civilians and shinobi alike struggled to keep on their feet as tremors shook the Hokage monument whatever was happening outside could surely be felt from within here.

"What's happening?" A female civilian shouted as she fell on her ass.

Kurenai frowned as she knew the battle outside must have been tremendous if the affects could be felt from within here. She was able to withstand the tremors by sending chakra to her feet to stop her from falling over she also made sure to keep hold of Hashirama's hand so he wouldn't fall over.

"Kurenai-san I'm scared" Hashirama said in a quiet voice making Kurenai frown the battle outside was scaring the children.

"Katsuyu-sama what's happening outside?" Kurenai asked the small slug summon and as she asked the question everyone else in the evacuation shelter looked at the slug summon with the same question in their eyes waiting silently for the small slug to answer.

"The tremors outside are being caused by Nimato-kun..." Katsuyu stated avoiding eye contact with Hashirama since she knew how heartbroken the boy would be if he found out what happened outside just like his mother.

"...and what of Naruto-kun?" Kurenai asked she knew the fact the slug summon missing out Naruto's name meant something bad had happened.

"Naruto-kun he is..." Katsuyu stalled slightly as she looked towards Hashirama she could see his azure eyes staring intently at her.

"Naruto-kun has died in battle...he took an attack that was meant for Nimato-kun" Katsuyu stated causing Kurenai to gasp at the news while the majority of the civilians and shinobi's looked at each other before cheering. The news of an Akatsuki member dying was always good news they had no idea what Naruto's goal really was they only knew him as the son of the Yondaime that left the village to join an evil organisation.

Some of the civilians that were also in the evacuation point looked on in sadness like Yoshiro Nara and many other of Kushina and Minato's friends that had at one time interacted with Naruto when he was a boy.

Kurenai could feel Hashirama's grip on her leg loosen and looking down in worry she could see the look of disbelief written across his face while the mass crowd cheered. Noticing tears prickling at Hashirama's eyes Kurenai found tears of her own rolling down her cheek she didn't realize at first but the news of Naruto's death was just finally registering in her mind.

"T-Tou-chan" Hashirama whispered as he looked at the small slug he knew what the word dead meant he had heard the phrase so much that he knew it meant to never see someone again.

Kurenai hearing the boy's whimpers pulled him into a hug so he could bury his face into her leg while trying to cover his ears due to all the cheers. Feeling an anger like none before Kurenai glared at everyone her red eyes causing anyone who caught a glimpse of the red orbs to look away in intimidation.

"Will you all show a little consideration!" Kurenai shouted her voice was much louder than the laughter and petty remarks aimed at Naruto.

"What's the matter Kurenai-san we'd have thought you'd be happier than anyone else that the deserter died after all he left you like trash didn't he?" A male civilian spoke up while Kurenai just glared at him.