No Place like Home

Welcome back to the chapter number 179 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

With Tsunade

Tsunade felt her eyebrow ticking as she sat around a large oval shaped table. The emergency meeting that had been called was well under way and many of the high ranking political members of Hi No Kuni were in attendance.

Tsunade could recognize many of the faces in the room from people she had met at one time in her life. Meetings like this were only ever gathered when something had or was going to affect Hi No Kuni dramatically and the destruction of Konoha, the main military force of Hi No Kuni certainly did call for one of these meetings.

However what was annoying Tsunade wasn't the number of fat cats puffing out their chests nor was it the way the Fire Daimyo's son was looking at her, it was Danzo he was using this meeting as a chance to undermine her entire leadership she knew he was using this chance to gain the Hokage title but the words he was using quite frankly made her want to send him flying through the wall of the room.

"As I say this is the worst state Konoha has ever been in since its founding by Hashirama Senju" Danzo stated and each word he said made Tsunade just want to throw a punch at the man.

"I suppose...however the enemy was much more threatening than any of the other times" The fire Daimyo responded trying to stick up for Tsunade slightly he knew the woman and had spoken to her on several occasions and despite her blunt personality she was a nice woman.

"...Still the previous Hokage's despite the dangers they had were able to protect the village even Minato despite his short run was able to protect the village from the Kyuubi giving up his life to do so...I think we need to question the leadership of Konoha before we can think about rebuilding it" Danzo bluntly said making Tsunade eyes narrow so he was getting straight to the point.

Shikaku who was sat next to Tsunade also narrowed his eyes at Danzo's move for the senior Nara genius this showed either the great confidence Danzo possessed for his plan to work or he was making a big rookie mistake and revealing his plan far too early.

"I agree despite how beautiful the Godaime Hokage is I believe a new Hokage is only suitable considering the village is being rebuilt from the ground up" Keiga stated his eyes held a slightly evil gleam to them as he sat next to his father the fire Daimyo.

Tsunade felt uneasy at this man's presence she knew he had been the one sending her invitations to dates and quite frankly he reminded her of Orochimaru slightly hiding his true motives behind a sick smile.

"Now let's not be too hasty here Tsunade has led the village superbly after succeeding Hiruzen" The fire daimyo said hoping to remind everyone how Tsunade's presence had helped Konoha recover after the sand and sound invasion.

"True but her reign has hit the wall...once you are unable to protect your village and rely on a child to save it...that's when you know it's time to step down" Keiga responded getting nods of agreement from within the room.

Tsunade cursed this man she knew a lot of the more stubborn and corrupt members in this room hated the fact Konoha had been saved by a child and despite all of Nimato's heroic efforts they were trying to down play each and every accomplishment Nimato had.

"My thoughts exactly...that's why I propose a new Hokage to bring forth a new and stronger Konoha and I would like to officially nominate myself" Danzo stated getting mixed responses from within the room.