Two Soulmates Alone

Welcome back to the chapter number 170 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Izumi fidgeted from within the covers she was lying under she couldn't take lying around all day it was boring not to mention now that her disease had been cured her body felt healthier, stronger and over all much more sturdier than before and it made her want to do something like training.

Kicking the covers off Izumi rolled to the edge of the bed and placed her feet on the floor she smiled slightly at the refreshing feeling of the cold floor on the soles of her feet. Curling her toes slightly Izumi pushed herself up so she was standing up she was a bit shaky at first however she soon found her balance she was a Kunoichi after all.

Scratching at the bandages at her eyes she soon found it annoying not being able to see after all she had spent so long partially sighted she wanted to see everything around her she wanted to see how beautiful the world actually was.

"Take them off" Izumi turned her head at the sound of Naruto's voice and she began to slowly walk towards where he was making sure to feel around in case she walked into anything and as soon as her hands pressed up against Naruto's chest she smiled.

"I though you said it was best for me to leave them on for a while longer" Izumi replied teasingly while she couldn't see it Naruto smiled sadly.

"Well...you've never been the type to follow rules" Naruto stated and he watched Izumi move her hands towards the bandages and slowly remove them. As the bandages came off Izumi felt nervous as she wasn't sure whether or not she'd look the same...perhaps there were scars or disfigurement.

As she undid the knot on the bandages Izumi unwrapped them and as soon as they were completely taken off Izumi had to squint her eyes due to how blurry her vision was all she could see in front of her was a big blob of blonde.

"Don't worry it's just your eyes adjusting" Naruto re-assured and like he said Izumi's vision began to get much clearer and it wasn't long until she could see Naruto clearly. Her vision was far better than when she had ever had everything seemed so clear however as she looked at Naruto's face she gasped slightly at the scar that went over his eye.

"I know it's not much to look at anymore...I'm-"Before Naruto could finish his sentence Izumi had placed her fingers on his lips silencing him. She walked forward so her body was pressed onto his for once she didn't hate the fact she was a complete head smaller than him since she could rest her head on his neck while nuzzling under his chin.

"You're handsome..." Izumi stated hoping to put any self-confidence issues Naruto was having with the scar on his face besides Izumi knew it was up to her to stroke her man's ego.

"Did you get this...coming after me?" Izumi asked as her fingers traced over the scar over Naruto's eye her fingers delicately moved from the scar to Naruto's cheek.

Naruto didn't answer he didn't need to Izumi knew the answer immediately just from his reaction and it made her bite her lip that he had gotten this scar due to her...that was two scars now he had received due to her the first one on his torso from Ryuujin and now the one over his eye.

"I'm sorry..." Izumi said she didn't know what else to say, what else could she say?

"Don't...this doesn't matter...not anymore, besides I would have given my life to save you a little scar like this doesn't matter" Naruto stated wrapping his arms around Izumi kissing the top of her head making her blush she wasn't used to shows of affections like this after all.