Why did You do it ?

Welcome back to the chapter number 32 of "Strings Of Destiny".

This chapter is a little longer one, so be ready :)

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

"This doesn't feel right" Naruto said as he walked next to Izumi. She sent him a side glance before looking back towards Gato and all his mercenaries who were storming through the wave village destroying everything in their path.

"I agree" Izumi stated causing Naruto to look at her it was the most truthful answer he had heard from her in the time he had known her.

"But we must do this...perhaps we shouldn't have gotten to know Kaiza this would have been a lot easier however this must be a lot harder on you right? Izumi said making Naruto frown and close his eyes tightly ignoring Izumi's voice.

"Help me!" Naruto opened his eyes to see an old man defending one of the mercenaries off with a cane he had in his hand while protecting someone Naruto assumed to be the man's wife and granddaughter.

"Come on old timer hand over the little girl" The mercenary sneered knocking the cane out of the old man's hands and threw him to the floor and just as the mercenary was about to land a hit with the sword he had in his hand he suddenly felt his arm stop moving. Looking towards his wrist he noticed a hand gripped tightly around it.

"Hey...wh-what are you doing?" The mercenary stuttered as he looked into the cold and dangerous eyes of Naruto.

"Stop...what you're doing is pointless you're acting like nothing more than a common thug" Naruto said throwing the man away by his wrist never once taking his eyes off the mercenary until he scurried away back to the other groups.

"Thank you" Naruto turned around to the sound of the voice and watched as the old man stood up with his cane his wife and granddaughter hugging each other in fear.

"It was nothing don't worry about it" Naruto responded however just as he was about to walk away the next words that came out of the old man stopped him in his steps.

"Please help us" The old man croaked out him and his family looking at Naruto in desperation as the whole of the village was slowly being destroyed, houses, ships and lives where being destroyed all around them.

"I-I can't please just hide" Naruto said turning away from the man to ashamed to even look at him.

The old man gasped at what Naruto said his eyes becoming hardened and his fists gripping tighter around his cane.

"This will all be over soon it'll be safer for you to keep your heads down for a while" Naruto stated and as soon as he finished his sentence he felt something collide with the side of his head sending him flying to the floor.

"You bastard" The old man growled jumping onto Naruto and immediately started punching him in the face while Izumi watched in curiosity.

"How can you watch all this when you have the power to stop all of it?" The old man shouted continuing his assault on Naruto.

Naruto closed his eyes as he felt the man punching him to be honest the punches barely hurt the words were more painful in fact he felt relieved that the old man was punching him even if just above his eye had split open and blood was falling down the right side of his face.

As the old man was about to land another punch he felt someone kick him in the side of the face sending him flying next to his family, as he looked up he noticed the same mercenary from before staring at him with crazy smile.