Wave

Welcome back to the twenty-ninth chapter of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

'Two days' Naruto thought as he walked down a path in the land of wave with Izumi. It had been two days since he had been inducted into the Akatsuki and to say things could be better would be an understatement, though he was grateful he had Izumi as his partner as he'd have gone mad if he had to deal with any of the other psycho's like Kakuzu or Kisame.

However with Izumi she had barely spoken ten words since they had met usually if he said something she'd either answer with a nod or a shake of the head and sometimes she just looked at him with her usual stoic face for a few moments before ignoring him, usually it wouldn't be that much of a problem but ever since he had become a wanted man around the world he had to limit who he could talk to and right now after not talking to someone in two days Naruto could definitively say he was bored.

On their way to wave country Naruto had been surprised by Izumi's knowledge of secret passages through the land of fire cutting the trip time down dramatically however when he brought this up to her she had ignored him and so after a boat trip into wave here he was walking down the long and tiresome path into the main area of the country.

Another thing which had annoyed him greatly was the hats they had to wear to conceal their identities in fact he found the whole idea of wearing them stupid as it made them stand out even more but that was 'gods' order to have a dress code, his old dress code was far better than this where he only had to where a cloak with a hood.

"Why are we even in this country?" Naruto asked seriously looking to his side towards Izumi who was looking straight ahead. Sighing after a couple of seconds Naruto looked away examining his surroundings there where a lot of trees for enemies to hide in not to mention the whole island was surrounded by water.

"We have a contract with a client who goes by the name of Gato, he's paid the Akatsuki fairly well" Izumi stated in her usual emotionless voice not even looking towards Naruto.

"This Gato lives in wave?" Naruto asked in confusion as to why someone would want anything from wave country since it was a small fishing island at best and instead of answering Izumi nodded before stopping and following her example Naruto stopped.

"We're here" Izumi stated looking through the trees and in a small opening was a little building with several guards around it each holding a katana.

"Stop who are you?" One guard asked pointing his katana at Naruto and Izumi as he noticed them walking towards the building through the trees. Raising her head up Izumi looked at the guard her Sharingan eye blazing before passing him.

"Akatsuki" Izumi said and the guard immediately fell to the floor unconscious while the other guards quickly went on the defense aiming their blades towards both Naruto and Izumi.

Naruto placed his hand on the hilt of his katana ready to draw his blade the moment any of them attacked but before anything could happen the sound of a door opening drew everyone's attention.

"Stop you idiots these are the group I hired can't you tell by their cloaks...it's the red clouds" Gato said drawing the attention of his men and they immediately lowered their weapons and began to patrol the building again.

Gato was a small chubby man with a unusual large head, he had short spiky brown hair and wrinkle marks around his face. On his eyes he wore a pair of small sunglasses and he was dressed up in a fancy suit.