Killing Innocent

Welcome back to the chapter number 145 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

The Next Morning

Tsunere frowned at what Naruto had just told her the killer had struck again last night and had been able to take out that massive barbarian Naruto had pointed out as one of the suspects not to mention the killer had been able to wound Darel before fleeing. Standing outside the bar Darel looked at Naruto and frowned, she knew he was worried...about the mission and for Darel it was too much pressure to put on an eight year old...he was still not mature enough to take on the world.

"I've been thinking ever since the attack last night...it would be safer for you to stay with Darel since...I can't trust anyone in that hotel at least here we'll be surrounded by people we know" Naruto explained to Tsunere and she nodded it all made sense however she was still a little disturbed by something.

"I don't mean to be rude Naruto-kun...but how can we trust Darel-san?" Tsunere asked which made Naruto look at her funny.

"Because she offered me a roof when the one I trusted was too busy thinking about himself...and I know I don't know Darel very well but I trust her more than an unfaithful wife" Naruto said harshly he didn't like Tsunere questioning other people's loyalty when hers lied with the person who could show her a good time.

"Okay..." Tsunere responded she could tell Naruto had feelings for Darel what those feelings were she was unsure but she knew Naruto was completely blind to them again showing his immaturity in this world.

"Anyway I've explained all this to her and she's happy to put us up...but I'm going to see your husband today to give him a report on how the search and your protection is going " Naruto explained not looking forward to meeting the client as he already had the image of a fat bald man with a smug grin.

Seeing Tsunere frown Naruto felt a little guilty he had treated her like a burden and an item rather than a person this whole mission he wanted to keep himself completely un-compromised since then any personal feelings wouldn't be in the way of his judgement.

"I'll be back in a few hours so...try to enjoy yourself for a while and don't worry I'm not going to tell your husband about what happened" Naruto said walking away from the bar.

"Ah...don't worry about him...he's just a little bit stressed since this is his first mission" Darel said leaning against the door way and Tsunere just nodded sadly she didn't mean to be such a bother.

With Naruto

Naruto stared at Tsunere's husband and frowned feeling even more sorry for the man standing in the client's large house with his hood up Naruto sighed looking at the man in front of him he was ancient and bound to a chair with life support systems hanging out all over him.

"So...how goes the mission..." The old man started and Naruto could hear how weak his voice sounded.

"N..." Naruto said not wanting to give his full name out since his identity was still a secret to the world and seeing the old man nod slightly Naruto moved forward a little.

"The mission is still ongoing but I believe I am getting closer to the culprit it's just a matter of time until they slip up" Naruto responded.