Must Move On

Welcome back to the chapter number 57 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

Konoha

Asuma sighed as he walked into his apartment the last few days had been hell to him, first his father had died, then that Akatsuki group had infiltrated Konoha looking for Nimato...and then finally he had found out that the love of his life...loved someone else.

Stepping onto his balcony Asuma gritted his teeth before placing his hand on the railings, it tore him apart even thinking about it the thought of Kurenai and Naruto being intimate made his stomach churn but the worst part was he still loved her despite how distraught she was over Naruto. He regretted the breakup he had with Kurenai he had been so certain they'd get back together that he had pushed her to the back of his mind and paid more attention to Shikamaru and while he did this she had gone off and fallen in love.

Pulling out a cigarette Asuma quickly lit it up before putting it in his mouth and inhaled, the smoking was at least making him feel a little better but still the image of Naruto and Kurenai kissing and passionately holding each other ran through his mind.

"What should I do Tou-san?" Asuma asked looking up towards the Hokage monument.

0°0°0°0°0°0

On the other side of Konoha Kurenai sat facing against her door a sad frown still present on her face.

"Come on Nai-chan, talk to me...I know you're in there" Anko said as she sat on the other side of the door a frown on her face as well as she could not get her best friend to answer after twenty minutes of knocking on her door.

"Just leave me alone...I don't feel like talking" Kurenai replied pulling her knees to her chest.

"Well we don't have to talk we could just get wasted" Anko argued back knowing how stubborn Kurenai was.

"Haven't you got work tomorrow Anko?" Kurenai replied in a sour tone remembering how she got into this situation due to having no one to talk to...and now Anko did want to talk after the damage had been done.

"So...work comes second you come first" Anko said causing Kurenai to growl and shoot up and throw the door open.

"NOW LISTEN HOW CAN YOU THIN..." Kurenai didn't get to finish her sentence due to seeing Anko stood there with a sheepish grin and two bottles of Sake.

"I knew that would get you to open up, for what it's worth I'm sorry I have no excuse for not seeing you" Anko said with an apologetic look and being her friend Kurenai could tell when Anko meant it, she had seen so many times when Anko would apologize and not mean it to know when she really did.

"So let's get wasted" Anko shouted walking past Kurenai into her apartment with a stomp. The red eyes Jounin sighed at her friend's behavior and despite everything a small smile played its way onto Kurenai's face.

0°0°0°0°0°0

"So...what's got you so down lately?" Anko asked sipping on her Sake bottle after seeing Kurenai hurt earlier she had ditched interrogating some sound Kunoichi to spend time with Kurenai.

Kurenai frowned again thinking of Naruto...she loved him so much, he was the only man to keep her interests and what he could do sexually still made her feel a little wet. Looking towards Anko Kurenai bit her lip she could trust Anko she was her best friend.