Calm Before The Storm !

Welcome back to the twenty-first chapter of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

'Is this as far as I can go' Naruto thought as his body floated in what seemed to be emptiness all his senses where taken he couldn't hear, smell, taste, touch or even see anything it was like he was just a floating into oblivion waiting for death to claim him.

'Am I dead...or am I dreaming' Naruto's eyes widened however as he was assaulted with hundreds of images flashing before his eyes.

At first it was a small blonde haired boy crying while hugging his knees the image slowly formed into a man with an orange mask, again like the first image it warped into a beautiful black haired women he couldn't see her face but he could tell she was beautiful finally the image shifted to a destroyed Konoha where he could see shinobi watching, staring towards him.

'Your time is not yet'

Naruto gasped as he opened his eyes and immediately noticed his body not responding to any of his commands, sighing he noticed there was a breathing apparatus over his face covering his mouth and nose.

"N-Naruto-kun" Naruto turned his head to the source of the voice and found Mei she was asleep sitting on a chair next to his bed and was resting her head on his arm.

After a lot of struggle Naruto had managed to raise his arm and remove the breathing apparatus off of his face and sighed in relief when he felt the fresh air enter his lungs.

"M-M" Naruto croaked as he found himself struggling to talk and only being able to produce a humming sound.

However as if hearing him Mei's eyes slowly opened showing Naruto her beautiful green eyes and they widened once she noticed Naruto staring at her.

"Naruto-kun" Mei gasped sitting up and wrapping her hand around Naruto's causing him to smile.

"W-wat-wat" Naruto rasped out as he looked towards a jug of water that was placed on the table next to his bed.

"Sorry" Mei gasped as she quickly poured Naruto a cup and helped him drink it.

"Thank you" Naruto said as he felt his voice come back to normal slowly, Mei smiled and placed the cup back on the table before returning to her previous position of holding Naruto's hand.

"How bad is it?" Naruto asked as he felt uneasy for some reason.

"You have no physical injuries still you may still feel sore but it's your mental health I'm worried about your pushing yourself to hard and it's frying your body you need to stop" Mei said as she gained a worried expression over her face.

Naruto stared at her worried expression for a couple of seconds before looking up towards the wooden ceiling of his cabin it was true he had been having headaches as well as random nose bleeds however he had ignored them thinking of them as nothing but a nuisance, but to think his body and mind were just too tired that it was causing him this much damage.

However even with all this he couldn't slow down now there where to many enemies that wouldn't hesitate to kill him or any of his precious people even with him in this state.

"I can't not until I've seen this through to go back on my promise, would be a disgrace to everything I stand for" Naruto said as he slowly lifted his knees wincing at the pain his legs caused him.