Fight back

Welcome back to the chapter number 96 of "Strings Of Destiny".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

It had been a day since Naruto and Izumi had left Iwagakure and the two of them had begun walking back to Amegakure they hoped that there wasn't going to be anything said about their time in Iwagakure since Pain would probably find that they had wasted valuable time that could have gone to helping the Akatsuki.

For the two of them it had been quite the experience Naruto had been able to spend some time with his brother, fight a legend and even spend a night with a beautiful woman from Iwagakure...Onoki's granddaughter at that.

Still the whole having sex with Kurotsuchi was still not settling right in his mind...he felt guilty for some reason however he didn't know why, it wasn't the usual guilt he had felt when he had slept with women it was something else completely.

As Naruto and Izumi where walking through the forests of Tsuchi No Kuni the atmosphere felt strange the two had been walking side by side in silence for a while and for Naruto he knew Izumi was quiet by nature but he also knew there was something bugging her.

"You know we could return to Amegakure faster if we use the Hiraishin No Jutsu" Naruto commented Izumi had suggested they should walk back as she didn't want to return to the Akatsuki so soon however with how she was at the moment Naruto felt like it probably would have been better there than here at the moment.

"I know but I don't want to be in Amegakure at the moment" Izumi replied back and Naruto knew immediately she wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying instead she seemed to be thinking about something else which Naruto could tell was worrying her as whenever she became like this it was always because she was worried.

"So...want to tell me what the problem is?" Naruto asked causing Izumi to frown why wouldn't he just drop it she wondered it was clear she didn't want to talk about anything.

"What problem?" Izumi asked she was not going to get into what was bothering her now.

"So...you're usually this bitchy then?" Naruto questioned with narrowed eyes he knew Izumi more than anyone and for her bottling up what she was thinking always turned out to be a hindrance to her not to mention it strained her health even more when she did.

"Yes...I thought you would know that by now" Izumi replied back in an emotionless tone she was begging for Naruto to drop this. Naruto narrowed his eyes at her again yes she was certainly not alright...she seemed lifeless and Naruto hated that, he liked when Izumi's eyes would shine or when she would be interested in something however now she just seemed as if she was watching life past by her.

"This wouldn't happen to do with a certain brother of yours would it?" Naruto asked and Izumi's step faltered for second and her eyes narrowed but true to herself she quickly placed and emotionless mask onto herself again he was hitting to close to home.

"Just drop it...Naruto" Izumi said and Naruto could tell he had hit the nail on the head immediately especially by how she had said his name with a slight warning behind it.

"No...I insist" Naruto replied back placing his hand on her shoulder stopping her from walking any further.

"Take your hand off me...Naruto" Izumi warned her patience with Naruto was running thin she was actually surprised by how much patience she had at the moment.