Chapter 1 Reborn

In the fifth year of the apocalypse, Zhang Zhi died and was torn apart beyond recognition by the zombies. It is said that before he died, he tightly guarded a small half bag of moist biscuits that he wanted to take back for Qin Chi to eat, and he did not close his eyes until he died.

A week later, a large number of zombies attacked the base. Qin Chi, a disabled Alpha with broken legs, naturally became the best bait. He was forced to release pheromones and throw them outside the base to attract zombies and buy time for others to retreat.

Before dying, Qin Chi looked at the countless hideous zombies rushing towards him, remembered Zhang Zhi's bitter and reluctant smile, and suddenly felt that it was not so scary.

He disliked Zhang Zhi all his life and had no chance to make up for it. If he could see that person in hell, at least let him say sorry.

Qin Chi closed his eyes and let the zombies pounce on him to break his limbs, bite his flesh and blood, and devour him alive.

The pain of the body being torn apart is unbearable for anyone, but Qin Chi remained silent, gritted his teeth and endured it.

That's how Zhang Zhi died. He just felt Zhang Zhi's pain. What right does he have to cry for mercy?

It was his stupidity and ignorance that killed Zhang Zhi, who truly loved him, and in the end, he was self-rewarding, and he died in the right place.

I don't know how long the pain lasted. The bloody aura in the wind and the roar of the zombies slowly disappeared, and the surroundings became extremely quiet. There seemed to be a faint scent of roses wafting from not far away.

After the end of the world, even plants withered and died quickly, so what roses would there be?

Could it be that he is dead?

What about Zhang Zhi, can he still see Zhang Zhi?

Qin Chi opened his eyes, all the hideous zombies disappeared, a ray of bright sunlight projected through the window lattice, making his eyes used to the dark end of the world dodge subconsciously for a moment.

hell? No, how can hell be so warm?

Qin Chi opened his hand to block in front of him, and looked out the window with half-squinted eyes.

The weather was fine, a dazzling sun halo topped the treetops in front of the window, the green leaves swayed in the breeze, the roses in the garden bloomed in large numbers, and it was peaceful and beautiful.

In the last five years, it has been difficult to see such bright sunshine.

Qin Chi sat on the bed, his hands and feet were intact, his clothes were neat, and there was no trace of being bitten by zombies.

What's the matter, shouldn't he be dead?

Qin Chi looked around in confusion. There was still a wedding photo of him and Zhang Zhi hanging on the white wall. In the corner was a guitar that he bought in college and never played. There were still piles of books on the desk. The above copy of "Happy Cookbook" was bought by him in the bookstore, and he hadn't had time to unpack it.

There is no doubt that this is his bedroom, which is decorated in a simple and atmospheric European and American style according to his preferences. At this moment, the windows are wide open, the white curtains are blown up by the wind, fluttering slightly, and there is a strong and pungent rose scent in the wind. Made him almost vomit.

Why is he in his room?

The unexpected and strange situation made Qin Chi stunned, and at the same time, a crazy conjecture slowly emerged in his mind. He grabbed the phone by the bedside suddenly, the time displayed on it made his mind go blank.

This is... back to five years ago, a month before the outbreak of the zombie crisis?

how is this possible?

Qin Chi was stunned for a moment, suddenly remembered something, jumped out of bed with a thud, without even wearing his shoes, slammed the door and went straight downstairs.

The villa area in the afternoon was very quiet, except that the cicadas on the trees made people a little irritable, but the more so, the more excited Qin Chi became, his heart beating like a drum.

Will a world full of energy and life be what he thinks it is?

When he rushed to the door, Zhang Zhi's car was driving out of the garage. From his angle, Zhang Zhi could be clearly seen.

That's great, that person is still there, really still...

Until Zhang Zhi's car pulled out of sight, Qin Chi slid down to the ground and sorted out the messy information.

He slapped himself countless times, and twisted his thigh several times. He felt pain, and he didn't wake up from the "dream", indicating that this was indeed not a hallucination.

Then he supported his weak body and walked around every corner of the villa. The furniture was exactly the same as in his memory. The time displayed on the mobile phone, computer and TV was five years ago, and the news broadcast was normal. What is certain is that he was reborn, and he was reborn five years ago, when the world had not yet undergone great changes.

Whether it was shock or ecstasy, Qin Chi spent a full two hours digesting the current situation, making sure that this was not a bad joke played by the world with him.

In his last life, he was miserable, and even his partner Zhang Zhi was dragged to death. He trusted Zhang Leyue's slut's mouth, made wrong decisions one by one, pushed himself and Zhang Zhi into the fire pit, and finally both were torn apart by zombies.

But fortunately, he was reborn and had a chance to do it all over again. He could protect the people he should really love and take revenge on those who hurt him and Zhang Zhi.

The joy of rebirth slowly faded, Qin Chi calmed down, and found out the measures to be taken in the future with a pen and paper analysis.

The apocalypse will suddenly erupt in the evening one month later. At that time, the sky will shake and the earth will shake. Not only will human beings mutate into zombies that will bite when they see them, but also various natural disasters will follow one after another, such as torrential rains and strong earthquakes. Let the already powerless human beings have no way to escape.

In the first three months of the apocalypse, half of human beings died, and the rest were struggling in the muddy mud.

In the last life, in the face of the sudden disaster, Qin Chi was at a loss, but Zhang Zhi quickly calmed down. He first exchanged his huge wealth for supplies and military help, and led Qin Chi, Zhang Leyue and others to flee to the Hanhai base, struggling to survive.

The more Qin Chi thought about it, the more unpleasant it was. If he hadn't listened to Zhang Leyue's slander, and "offered" all the materials accumulated by Zhang Zhi to the leader of the Hanhai Base in exchange for the so-called "protection", Zhang Zhi would not have been reduced to a tragic death. .

Yes, he was so stupid, thinking that Zhang Leyue was the one who was wholeheartedly good to him, who loved and cared for him in every possible way, was played around by a weak Omega, and finally lost his life.

But fortunately, it was all in time.

Qin Chi quickly wrote and drew on the paper, and stayed in the study all afternoon, listing the supplies that needed to be prepared.

There is still a month before the end of the world, which is not enough time. Even buying ready-made products requires a lot of time and money. Not to mention, he still has many things that he wants to transform and customize, which takes more time and energy.

There is also funds...

Qin Chi looked at the list of items on the paper and fell into contemplation. According to his plan, he couldn't make it without hundreds of millions.

He is also considered a rich second generation. His parents died in a car accident in high school. Zhang Zhi, his father's student, took him in and served as his temporary guardian until he became an adult.

The large amount of cash left by his parents was squandered by him, who had nothing to do with it, and the money he earned was almost used up. However, there were still some real estate, which should be able to be exchanged for a lot of money, and what antique calligraphy and painting, although I'm very sorry for my father who loves to collect antiques, but once the end of the world comes, these things will have no meaning. It's better to exchange a good price and leave another way for the living.

After making up his mind, Qin Chi immediately called the exclusive lawyer and asked to sell all the real estate left by his father into funds. All valuable things could be sold as much as possible. Zhang Zhi used to take care of these inheritances. After the two got married, Zhang Zhi no longer interfered, and he handled it as he wished.

Qin Chi intends to ask Zhang Zhi for some more money. It will take some time for his father's inheritance to be realized. Without money, everything is empty talk. Prepare for future life.

In the blink of an eye, it was past seven o'clock in the evening, and the lights outside the window flickered, and it was Zhang Zhi who came back.

Qin Chi straightened his face and sat on the chair, his fingers clenched tightly on the armrest. He didn't know how to face Zhang Zhi, the Beta who was his legal partner, gave all of himself to him without reservation, but was trampled and humiliated by him again and again, even when he was maimed, When he became the most useless burden in the last days, he also used his frail and sick body to carry the sky for him and never left.

The past scenes came to his mind, making him both ashamed and distressed.

Fortunately, it was all in time.

Qin Chi took a deep breath, sorted out his restrained emotions, got up and walked downstairs.

When he reached the stairs, Zhang Zhi also happened to push the door and came in, carrying a food box in his hand, which should have been bought from the restaurant.

Qin Chi stood in the dark and stared greedily at Zhang Zhi, his eyes reluctant to look away.

Zhang Zhi is the boss of a listed company and the most common Beta in the society. He is six or seven years older than him, and now he has passed away.

In terms of appearance, Zhang Zhi has a face that is barely good-looking but not in line with Qin Chi's aesthetics. He is taller and stronger than Omega, but a little "petite" compared to Qin Chi, who is close to 1.9 meters. Having been in the top position for a long time and managing a not-so-small company, Zhang Zhi always has a cold aura that keeps strangers away.

Qin Chi had never experienced the indifferent side of this person. No matter how stern or cold Zhang Zhi is to others, he is extremely fond of him, and he only smiles at him.

It's just that since the two got married, Zhang Zhi's smile has slowly disappeared under his deliberate ravages.

Zhang Zhi is a very good person. He will not lose to the average Alpha in many aspects. He is an elite person in the mouths of others at a young age. He is mature, stable, calm and self-controlled. He always wears a high-end customized suit. Never be afraid of the great disaster.

If he hadn't met him, Qin Chi thought, maybe Zhang Zhi would have met someone who treated him well, had a family and children, and lived a very happy life.

But even if he wanted to let go now, it was too late. The end of the world was coming, and no one in this world could take care of Zhang Zhi better than him.

Qin Chi calmed down and walked downstairs.

Zhang Zhi hung up his coat, changed into indoor slippers, and slowly turned into the kitchen with the food box. His face was pale, and he was holding his lower abdomen tightly with one hand, while he took out the food in the lunch box and heated it, his thin body was shaky.

Seeing this scene, Qin Chi's heart abruptly twitched, as if being pinched by countless hands, it was so painful that he could hardly breathe.

He had completely forgotten that this time period was exactly one week after Zhang Zhi's miscarriage.

In recent years, the fertility rate of Beta has gradually decreased. Zhang Zhi, who is Bata, was busy with work when he was young, and did not pay much attention to his physical condition.

Zhang Leyue was completely integrated into the Zhang family at this time. The Omega with the rose-scented pheromone was Zhang Zhi's nephew, but in his twenties, he was extremely well-behaved and beautiful, and he was very likable. The pool was playing around in circles.

Zhang Zhi may have sensed a sense of crisis from Zhang Leyue, and used all kinds of medical means to make himself pregnant to strengthen the family. Unfortunately, his physique is not suitable for pregnancy. Lived less than two months.

A week ago, Zhang Zhi suffered a miscarriage due to overwork on the way to work. He stayed in the hospital for a day and then went back to work.

Qin Chi felt very distressed, and he remembered the scene when Zhang Zhi staggered through the ice and snow with his crippled legs on his back when he was at the Hanhai Base in his previous life, rummaging through the rubbish heap for food, and being called to and fro.

If he had treated Zhang Zhi a little bit in his previous life, he wouldn't be so ashamed and remorseful.