Chapter 55

Soon, this small chirping came to an end, and many people didn't even notice it.

Qin Chi came out with a bottle of mineral water, walked to Zhang Zhi's side, stood still, and asked casually, "Did you feel it just now?"

"Well, it's not like an earthquake." Lao Yuan has also experienced disasters and is no stranger to earthquakes. .

"It's safer to leave Luocheng as soon as possible." Qin Chi unscrewed the cap of the mineral water bottle, let Zhang Zhi take two sips, then put his arms around Zhang Zhi's shoulder, and whispered, "It's our turn to do the test at least half an hour, You get in the car and stay?"

The air outside the car was dry, thin, stuffy and hot, and Qin Chi was worried that Zhang Zhi would get sick.

"I'll chat with Mr. Zhao casually." Zhang Zhi patted Qin Chi's hand on the back, signaling him to rest assured.

Qin Chi was very distressed and wanted Zhang Zhi to get in the car and rest, but he couldn't influence Zhang Zhi's decision.

Aware that Qin Chi was a little anxious, Zhang Zhi took his hand and clasped his fingers tightly, "I'm really fine, I've been in the car all day, it's good to breathe."

Although I'm glad that Qin Chi can do this Take care of yourself, but don't get too nervous.

Qin Chi had no choice but to put his arms around Zhang Zhi's shoulders, letting people lean on him a little, and chatting with Lao Yuan and others about the "aftershock" just now.

"When I was in the car before, I felt the ground shaking, which was slightly different from an earthquake." Qin Chi had experienced many earthquakes in his previous life. Since the zombies appeared, the crustal movement seems to have become more frequent. Field, he is both accustomed and sensitive.

Lao Yuan squatted down and put his palms on the ground. After a while, he fell to the ground with his ears on the ground, carefully identifying the source of the vibration.

"The vibrations came from the north." Not from the depths of the earth.

"That's what happened to the north." Qin Chi only thought of this possibility.

Wen Jia also took a bottle of water and jumped off the steps while drinking, slammed the door and walked over. Seeing that Wen Jia came out of the cab, Zhao Fengnian

was very envious, "You can drive that kind of car at a young age. The young man is very promising. Do you have a driver's license?"

Zhi is a bit similar, but different from Zhang Zhi. He doesn't need to have too much contact with outsiders, and he doesn't need to talk about business and make friends, so more often he doesn't lie, and he likes to ignore people he doesn't know.

Without answering Zhao Fengnian's words, Wen Jia said directly to Lao Yuan, "I just analyzed it, and I think something may have happened at the north gate."

Before Lao Yuan could answer, Zhao Fengnian asked enthusiastically, "Oh? What the hell are you doing? Analysis? What happened?"

Wen Jia glanced at Zhao Fengnian with "Don't interrupt" clearly written in his eyes, and then said, "There is a fire in the direction of the north gate, and the suburbs are where Luocheng chemical plants are concentrated. , It is very likely that during the earthquake, some chemicals exploded and caused a fire. After the rain stopped, the fire intensified, causing serious damage to the entire area."

"The series of movements just now were not like aftershocks. I guess it may be a series of explosions." Wen Jiagang finished. , the ground trembled again, and the rumbling sound was clearer, and the shock wave rippling from a distance like water ripples.

Zhao Fengnian's casual smile froze, he stood up straight, and quickly jumped to the nearby low wall that was mostly collapsed, and stood on a high place and looked into the distance.

As Wen Jia and Lao Yuan said, the sky in the north was already burning like fire, so red that people felt frightened. And on the horizon, there is also a faint red light flashing, and accompanied by a loud bang, there is a tendency to spread to the entire Luo City.

Looking into the distance, Zhao Fengnian was stunned: "What happened? The gas tank exploded?"

Wen Jia was speechless, thinking what kind of gas tank could blow up like this?

There are also detection points on the north gate, and people close to the north gate will flee from the north gate. However, as far as the current situation is concerned, the situation is not optimistic.

Zhao Fengnian stared at it for a while, then shiveringly took out a cigarette to light it, and sat on the stone in a daze.

Everyone knew that he was in a bad mood and didn't say anything to disturb him. Lao Yuan even took out another pack of cigarettes from his pocket and stuffed it into Zhao Fengnian's pocket.

It was too hot outside the car, and there was not even a shred of wind, so a few people couldn't stay, so they all went back to the car.

The inspection point was relatively safe. Lao Yuan and Wen Jia also rested in the carriage after they had cooled off. Ba Ping held a large watermelon slice and placed it on a plate, and "served" the group properly.

After watching a foreign movie, Mu Zi bit a tissue and cried and said, "Father's love is really great. When I become a father in the future, I must treat my son well!"

Lao Yuan laughed and rubbed his head, "Come on. Hey, you want to be a father even before your hair grows up? Thinking too much."

Mu Zi retorted, "I'm about to become an adult, and I can find an Omega to marry when I'm an adult. Brother Zhi, you said yes. Right ?"

Zhang Zhizheng stared at Zhao Fengnian sitting on the stone pier outside through the car window. Hearing this, he turned his head and smiled, "Yeah, what kind of Muzi likes, we'll help you."

Muzi thought about it. , pulled out the magazine a little shyly, pointed at the big star on the cover, "It's cold under the bed, flirtatious in bed, abstinence and slutty, and the body and appearance must be first-class."

Zhang Zhi: "..."

Today's children are thinking in their heads What?

Qin Chi stuck to Zhang Zhi, hugged his lover's waist, and rubbed his chin on his neck, "Brother Zhi, why does he keep looking at that Zhao Fengnian?"

Zhang Zhi couldn't say why, maybe he just felt sad.

Humans have always claimed to be at the top of the food chain, but in fact, as long as a sudden disaster that cannot be understood by human beings, the "powerful" human beings can be easily defeated.

Storms, earthquakes, viruses, as long as the world is willing, human beings have no power to fight back.

They are sitting in refitted and very safe and fully functional RVs, with food, water and air conditioning. More than just a place to live?

Now in this inspection site, no one has a sincere smile on their faces. They lost the property they had worked so hard for for half a lifetime, and they became nothing in an instant, and even lost their relatives.

Why are humans infected by zombie viruses? Is this a punishment from heaven?

Zhao Fengnian's lonely figure is particularly eye-catching in the hazy night. He may be remembering his dead teammates, or he may be praying and worrying for his future self. Unlike Zhang Zhi and others who are about to leave the city and escape from Shengtian, he will also travel to and from the city to rescue more people, and may even sacrifice his own life.

Faced with a desperate situation like hell, there is nothing anyone can do.

After running around all night, everyone in the car squinted and fell asleep for a while. Zhang Zhi leaned against Qin Chi's arms. Because the air conditioner was turned on a little low, he felt too cold, so he kept drilling into Qin Chi's arms.

Zhang Zhi had a cold fight in his sleep, Qin Chi immediately woke up, turned up the temperature a little, and took a small thin blanket to cover Zhang Zhi's waist and abdomen to prevent him from getting cold, and then fell asleep again with his arms around him.

At dawn, the staff at the testing site who had been working continuously for dozens of hours also stopped testing, allowing the rest to take a break.

Others were very dissatisfied, but they didn't dare to make trouble under the threat of guns. In addition, their nerves were tense for several days. Seeing that the city was promising, they all relaxed, and each found a place to sit down and sleep, and the surroundings were very quiet for a while.

A few armed personnel were also dozing off, and in the silent environment, everyone was not too vigilant.

At six o'clock in the morning, the sky was still very dark, and the lights of the rechargeable desk lamps at the detection point were flickering.

In the car, the water glass placed on the table swayed slightly, and the liquid inside also swayed, but no one noticed the change.

The environment is too quiet, so everyone relaxes, and almost no one is awake at the entire testing site.

Immediately afterwards, something huge seemed to be flipping under the ground in the distance, spreading rapidly from the direction of the north gate to the other three sides, the ground was constantly being arched, the bricks, houses, streets, trees and vehicles all flew into the sky, and the rumbling sound became even louder. , like a landslide and a tsunami, it swept the entire Luocheng with amazing momentum.

I don't know who woke up first, rubbed his eyes and glanced towards the north, his eyes stopped moving instantly.

In that direction, the flames shot up into the sky, and the sky and the earth were full of raging flames and billowing smoke, like a tornado that landed in waves. It's all about spreading fires and burning cities.

"It's on, it's on fire--"

someone screamed loudly, causing the others who were still asleep suddenly to wake up.

In the RV, Lao Yuan and Qin Chi woke up first.

Smelling the slightly choking smell of smoke, Qin Chi took advantage of the situation to look outside, and was immediately stunned.

When in Luocheng... Has there ever been a fire?

He clearly remembered that there was no such thing in the previous life, and it really was because of the existence of his butterfly that what should have happened changed?

Without thinking more, Qin Chi hurriedly pinched Zhang Zhi's waist and whispered in his ear, "Brother Zhi, wake up!"

He didn't say what happened, the person in deep sleep If you are frightened as soon as you wake up, your mental state and body will be damaged to a certain extent.

Zhang Zhi Youyou opened his eyes, and Qin Chi went to drag Mu Zi next to him and woke them up together.

Lao Yuan also woke up Wen Jia and Ba Ping, and they climbed to the top of the car together and looked north.

"My god, who cooked the food and set the city on fire?" Ba Ping exclaimed with wide eyes, the fat on his face trembling.

It's not that he is exaggerating. Now the entire Luocheng seems to be occupied by flames. The north gate direction is the most serious. The houses and streets are full of fire, and the endless sea of ​​flames is endless. The fire brigade does not matter.

The fire spread from the north gate to the other three parties, and flammable and explosive items were rolled over from time to time. The sound of rumbling explosions resounded through Luocheng, and the ground shook one after another.

What is even more desperate is that the natural gas pipelines that covered the underground of the city exploded, and the ground was lifted up layer by layer. The entire Luo City was not immune to the loud noise.

Fortunately, because of the earthquake, the city has had a power outage, otherwise the fire would probably spread faster.