Chapter 32 The city gate tragedy

Zhang Zhi helped him and asked, "Why do you buy so much mineral water?"

Qin Chi sat in the driver's seat and fastened his seat belt again, "We don't have a water purifier in the car, so we can't get together with Lao Yuan and the others for a while. Together, we must prepare more."

Water is the source of life, and without water, the consequences are much more serious than without food.

Zhang Zhi turned his head to look at the convenience store with a thoughtful expression, and took out his mobile phone to search the map, "There is a department store in front of us, let's go there."

Qin Chi responded and drove the car away. Go to a department store dozens of meters away.

After Zhang Zhi entered the store, he first bought scissors and latex paint, and then went to the cosmetics section to buy a bunch of cheap foundations, eyeshadow palettes, and lipsticks, which surprised Qin Chi.

He remembered that Zhang Zhi should have no hobby for makeup, and even if he had to wear makeup, it was impossible to buy such cheap makeup.

Could it be that it is to change identity at any time and pretend to be another gender?

After Zhang Zhi paid, he took his things and followed Qin Chi back to the car, without explaining the purpose of these cosmetics.

Anyway, when the time is right, Qin Chi will understand.

In the car, Qin Chi looked at the navigation map and didn't know where to go for a while.

The four city gates and the four highways leading to the outside of the city are closed, and the urban area has a high probability of being occupied.

Qin Chi was devastated, and remembered the scene where Zhang Zhi took them to flee Luocheng in a hurry in his previous life, and he spurned him even more for a while.

With the current situation, he already felt that there was no way out. At that time, Zhang Zhigang had a miscarriage, and he had to endure the pain of being displaced. He took the three white-eyed wolves everywhere to ask for help. This is how strong he must be in order to be able to find a way out. Can it be done?

Qin Chi turned his head to look, Zhang Zhi was sending a message.

"Brother Zhi, who are you looking for?"

"An important person in the city, he wants us to go to the west gate immediately, the expressway will be opened immediately, and there will be military vehicles to escort the citizens out of the city."

Qin Chi was refreshed, "Are you sure?"

"Well." Zhang Zhi turned to Lao Yuan's number and said, "You drive, I'll be in charge of contacting them."

"Okay."

Qin Chi immediately turned the car around and drove towards the west gate.

However, just a few meters after driving, Qin Chi suddenly stepped on the brakes, Zhang Zhi jumped forward due to inertia, and was pulled back by the seat belt.

"Xiaochi?" Zhang Zhi didn't know why.

Qin Chi stared straight ahead, showing an expression of disbelief, "Brother Zhi, have you heard the voice in front of you?"

Zhang Zhi looked forward and saw pedestrians walking on the street in twos and threes, and there was nothing unusual.

He told Qin Chi about the result, but Qin Chi still felt something was wrong.

"Let's go another way." Qin Chi always felt that there was a faint howling in front of him. He didn't want to take risks and made a firm decision.

Although Zhang Zhi didn't know what happened to him, he also cooperated with his mobile phone to search for the nearest route to Ximen.

Just as Qin Chi turned the car into a street next to the previous convenience store, he heard an earth-shattering scream from behind.

Zhang Zhi reflexively looked back and frowned.

"what is that?"

Qin Chi also took a look in the rearview mirror, and his breathing suddenly stopped.

On the farthest horizon, rows of stiff and slow people are rushing slowly towards this side. They were all covered in blood, their heads bowed, their arms drooped in front of them, and they staggered down the street.

Qin Chi recognized at a glance what was going on with these "people".

Zombies!

These walking corpses who were not angry at all, either had their arms bitten or their necks bitten off, actually broke through the urban defense line so quickly and rushed to the suburbs on the edge of the city?

But what surprised Qin Chi was that they didn't seem to have aggressive tendencies. When people on the roadside or in the store took pictures with their mobile phones out of curiosity, or screamed in panic because of fear, they didn't react at all, just in groups. They walked forward in groups, wondering where they wanted to go.

People on the side of the road talked a lot. Some asked if this was a new advertising method for mobile games in the last days, and some accused the current cosplay of getting more and more excessive. What if the children were scared, there was no sense of crisis at all.

Qin Chi didn't want to be reduced to food for zombies, so he opened the car window and shouted, "It's a zombie, hurry up!" Then he quickly stepped on the accelerator and rushed forward regardless, trying to stay away from the zombies.

Even if the people on the street heard Qin Chi's call, they couldn't react for a while, and took a long time before taking action.

Some people hid in the store as quickly as Qin Chi, or got into the car and quickly slipped away, and some people were slow-minded, but they didn't understand that the crisis had come. The old man sitting in front of the convenience store wiped his reading glasses, put them on again, then looked at the zombie group, and said

happily, "That's my son, it's my son!"

, before the clerk had time to stop him, he happily staggered towards his son.

"You little bastard, you know how to come back. I have waited with your father for a day and you have no news, and the phone can't get through. Do you still have me and your father in your heart?" The

old man tapped him with a cane while talking. The shoulders of his son, but the next second, his son suddenly raised his hand and grabbed the cane, looking straight at him with cloudy eyes.

The old man was also taken aback, it was getting close, and he found out that there was blood on his son's neck, and he was distressed and angry, "What did you do, neck..."

He didn't say anything. After that, his son suddenly rushed in front of him, opened his mouth wide, exposing his blood-stained teeth, and bit down on his throat.

Blood spurted out.

Soon, the other zombies seemed to be activated by the smell of blood, and they rushed towards the old man one after another, howling like a mad dog grabbing food, biting all over the body, ears, neck, shoulders, waist, thighs, and even He didn't let go of his feet, and then pulled together, the old man was torn to pieces in an instant.

In the zombie group, a head with gray hair flew out, his eyes widened, and with fear and confusion, he landed heavily and rolled into the zombie group, and was crushed and deformed by the zombies one after another.

This scene was so bloody that the surrounding people finally pulled away from their naive cognition and ran away screaming.

However, it was too late, and the area was quickly occupied by zombies, leaving few survivors. And those humans with intact limbs, but only after being bitten, will also turn into zombies in the next few minutes or hours, join the army of zombies, and become terrifying monsters that have no thoughts and only know how to chase human blood.

Qin Chi took Zhang Zhi to the west gate in a hurry. As soon as they drove the car to the main road, they watched a group of soldiers evacuated from Luocheng with some residents. There were people patrolling and sentry along the way. that kind of monster.

Zhang Zhi raised his hand to wipe the sweat on his face, then took off the glasses that were fogged by sweat, and wiped the lenses with his thumb repeatedly.

Even if the existence of that monster has been known from the video, when the threat of death at the scene is really faced, people will understand how terrifying it is, as if heavy stones are pressing on their hearts, making people breathless.

He would die at any time and would be torn to pieces by monsters, so the fear of extinction could not be described in words.

Qin Chi drove the car to the avenue, and the nearby military vehicle made a gap for them, so that they could also leave Luocheng with the convoy.

In addition to the military vehicles, there were also many people in the team who already had cars, each carrying a family of young and old to the city, and a heavy and depressing atmosphere spread throughout the road.

Qin Chi glanced at the car next to him inadvertently, and saw that the driver was a man, the wife of Omega should be sitting next to him, and two boys of seven or eight years old in the back row. If it wasn't for special circumstances, they looked like A normal family of four.

However, there was an inconspicuous bite mark on the neck of the woman in the passenger seat.

Qin Chi felt nervous, and quickly drove to the other side.

However, the development of things was too unpredictable. Before they could reach the exit of the expressway, the vehicles in the front group suddenly stopped one after another, and many car owners stuck their heads out to yell and scold. The tense nerves reached the limit.

The military vehicle also came to a sudden stop. I don't know what order it received. Suddenly, it used the horn to tell everyone to retreat. If it couldn't be done, they drove to the side of the road and tried to stay away from the high-speed toll station.

However, the people who were on the verge of collapse did not buy it. Many of them were evacuated from the urban area. Naturally, they knew what kind of monsters appeared in the urban area.

The situation immediately got out of control, and many cars rushed forward regardless, and the armed men could not stop it. Most of them held the same idea, thinking that it would be fine to leave the ghost place of Luocheng, but things would be far beyond their expectations.

Qin Chi was also about to leave the city, but Zhang Zhi received a call from Lao Yuan.

"Don't go in the direction of the city gate, it has been occupied by zombies, and there was only one dead end in the past!" Qin

Chi held the steering wheel tightly, "How many? Can you kill it?"

Some people who know how to use guns will take over toll booths and shoot people when they see them. Anyway, it's not a good thing! Don't go to the west gate, hurry up and find a place to hide first!"

They have enough supplies, even if they hide in the city for a while. Totally hold up.

Qin Chi listened to Lao Yuan's words and immediately diverted to the side. Earlier, a large truck lost control and damaged the guardrail, so he could just rush into the soil and escape all the way to the forest trail.

The highway behind him seemed to have transformed into a giant snake that devoured the living, and the screams of countless people lingered in the whole world, causing those who heard the sound in the distance to feel cold and tremble.

This change made people unable to keep up with the rhythm. Zhang Zhi looked back and saw that there were a series of traffic accidents on the road, the small car was directly knocked off or crushed, and the armed personnel on the military vehicle were frantically shooting the dead people who turned into zombies, stray bullets like meteors Fly around.

There are also some cars that diverted to the side of the road like them, but those who responded quickly were able to escape the catastrophe, and those who were slow to respond would be dead.