Chapter 38 Old acquaintance

In the middle of the night, Qin Chi suddenly woke up, and reflexively lowered his head to look at Zhang Zhi in his arms.

Zhang Zhi was gasping for breath all the time, and the beads of sweat on his forehead frantically poured out like a waterfall. He closed his eyes tightly, and his whole body was soaked with sweat.

"Brother Zhi, are you not feeling well? Brother Zhi?" Qin Chi was so frightened that his face turned pale, and he didn't even get a response when he called Zhang Zhi several times.

It was only then that he remembered that Zhang Zhi hadn't taken the medicine yet, and 80% of the sequelae caused by the miscarriage had recurred.

Also, Zhang Zhi's health was not good. Recently, because of the apocalypse that followed him around, he couldn't get a good rest. At night, it was rained and the wind was blowing cold.

Qin Chi got up in a hurry, pulled out the medicine and mineral water from his backpack, helped Zhang Zhi get up and took the medicine, and sat with him for a while, until the effect of the medicine broke out and Zhang Zhi's high fever subsided, and he was relieved.

This ghost weather is also speechless. It was unbearably hot before. The highest temperature has exceeded 40 ° C, but when it rains, the temperature suddenly drops. People who are not in good health can't keep out the cold with only a quilt. .

There was still a quilt in the space storage box, but Qin Chi didn't dare to take it out to avoid being caught. He had to get into the quilt again, lie on the cold and hard desk, let Zhang Zhi lie on top of him, and pull the quilt to cover Zhang Zhi from head to toe.

Lightning strikes at night, and from time to time a flash of lightning rips through the sky, and the pale electric light slashes on the walls of the classroom, making the interior look like daytime, but it makes people feel creepy for no reason.

Because he was in a school with a copper wall and an iron wall, Qin Chi also slept soundly. When he opened his eyes again, it was already bright, and the three people in the same room all yawned and got up to wash.

Qin Chi got up after lying down for a while. He originally wanted Zhang Zhi to sleep for a while, but he would wake up as soon as he moved Zhang Zhi, and rubbed his eyes to get up.

After taking the medicine at night, Zhang Zhi's face was still ugly. After sitting up, he only felt top-heavy, and his throat was full of nausea.

Qin Chi put on his jacket, rubbed his temples with pity to relieve the pain in his head, and said, "Brother Zhi, you had a fever last night, remember to take the medicine later, and rest here after that. "

Zhang Zhi looked up at him, "Where are you going?"

Qin Chi said with a wry smile, "Go to work as a hard worker."

It was pouring rain outside, lightning flashed and thunder, and the battle was no weaker than the day before. Because of the heavy rain, the water on the first floor has spread into the classroom, and there are several motorcycles parked in the classroom. When Zhang Zhi was still awake in the morning, Qin Chi received a notice from Brother Leopard, asking him to go with a few younger brothers to get the water out of the classroom. As for how to do it, it was up to them to decide.

After Qin Chi left, Zhang Zhi went to the bathroom to wash up and ate something. He didn't forget Qin Chi's instructions and took the medicine in time. Then he called up the map from his mobile phone and contacted Lao Yuan and the others.

This journey is too difficult. In the past, driving to the south or north of the city would only take a few hours at most, but now it can't be reached in a few days, and it may die at any time.

It's raining so hard that they probably won't be able to leave today.

On the first floor, Qin Chi and a few people used a washbasin and a broom to sweep out the muddy water.

These people should be in the position of doing odd jobs or even abandoning children in Brother Hu's team. Qin Chi observed them secretly for a while, and seeing that they all had heavy faces, he had a bad premonition in his heart.

After a while, when he saw someone standing up and beating his waist, Qin Chi hurriedly asked, "Brother Zheng, why didn't you see Brother Tiger and Brother Leopard?" The one

named Brother Zheng was not in good spirits. He just glanced at Qin Chi and said weakly: "Brother Hu received a distress call in the morning and brought Brother Hu and Brother Yang to save people."

save people?

Will Brother Hu, who is not a good person at first sight, go to save people? I'm afraid you don't want to take the opportunity to grab something back, right?

It's not that Qin Chi has a small mind, but he has seen enough of such things. After the end of the world, not many people are willing to reach out to save irrelevant people. Even Lao Yuan and the others, including Qin Chi himself, are also committed to one more thing. It is better to have an attitude of less than one thing, and will not risk your life to save people.

Brother Hu was able to let Qin Chi and Zhang Zhi stay overnight because of the pistols and bullets. Qin Chi also knew that the two of them could stay at the school for one more night at most, and if they didn't continue to hand over materials to Brother Hu, they would definitely be kicked out or even executed on the spot.

It's just that the rainstorm didn't stop, and Qin Chi didn't dare to drive around in the flooded area.

After cleaning up the water in the classroom, Qin Chi went back to the upstairs classroom and ate the bread and milk that Zhang Zhi prepared for him.

Qin Chi didn't eat rice for only two meals, and Qin Chi was so hungry that he was a big man, no matter how much bread and milk he had, it would be fine if he ate two boxes of fragrant self-heating rice.

"Brother Zhi, did the weather forecast say when the rain will stop?" Qin Chi asked while eating.

Zhang Zhi switched to the weather forecast interface, "The phone shows that it is sunny today."

This weather forecast has long been inaccurate.

Qin Chi sighed and asked, "What about Lao Yuan and the others?" "They settled in a supermarket

, don't worry, there are so many of them, they'll be fine.

"

Dangerous to zombies. The two didn't say a few words, and they heard a commotion outside, and then the iron door opened, and a group of people walked into the school noisily.

Qin Chi hurriedly walked up to the corridor and looked at the playground from the fourth floor.

The people who came back were Brother Hu and the others. There were also a few petite people who were crying and crying. From the appearance, they should be Omegas who were robbed.

In the rainstorm, Brother Leopard scolded and kicked an Omega who was crying non-stop, yelled something, and pointed the gun at the Omega's forehead, which scared the Omega so much that he didn't dare to speak.

As soon as this side calmed down, there was another Omega crying and shouting, "You killed my husband, I will call the police, I..."

Bang -

after a gunshot, the Omega fell into the water melted by the rain. In the pool of blood, after only a few twitches, he stopped moving.

Brother Hu retracted the barrel of the gun, the flesh on his cheek tensed.

"Who the hell will cry again, I will send him to the West!"

After this incident, no one dared to make a sound. into the ditch.

Zhang Zhi walked up to Qin Chi, frowned and asked, "How many people did they kill?"

Qin Chi squeezed Zhang Zhi's hand, "I don't know, but watching Brother Hu shoot without even blinking, it must be a A ruthless character."

Even Qin Chi himself, who had experienced fighting in the apocalypse, would not be able to shoot directly at his fellow human beings so ruthlessly, with the exception of very threatening ones.

Zhang Zhi took a deep breath, not naive enough to think he could handle this. They are all too busy to take care of themselves, except for Lao Yuan and his group, they can't trust anyone, and it's best not to get involved with anyone.

Qin Chi and the two are only staying overnight, and the group will not provide them with meals. Brother Hu and others occupied the school cafeteria. At noon, someone came to ask Qin Chi and Zhang Zhi to help move the flour and rice to the dry teaching building, so that the food would not get wet and cannot be eaten.

Qin Chi said something, so that Zhang Zhi, who was in poor health, could stay in the classroom and continue to rest. He went to work for a noon and came back with two steamed buns and a small plate of mustard.

They eat more food in the space, but they have steamed buns as cover, so they can eat something else.

While everyone else was eating in the cafeteria, Zhang Zhi also took out a can of luncheon meat from the space, took some beef jerky and other meat products, and ate them quickly with Qin Chi, then threw the empty boxes and bags into the space. , so as not to be seen.

Because of the rain, the sky was extremely gloomy. Two or three o'clock in the afternoon should have been the brightest time, but because of the heavy rain, the darkness seemed to be night.

Qin Chi looked into the distance with the binoculars, only to feel that something was approaching in the thin rain curtain, but he couldn't see clearly.

"Brother Zhi, come and see, is there something moving over there?"

Zhang Zhi hurried over and took Qin Chi's telescope.

His eyesight is not as good as Qin Chi's, but he can also see black spots approaching in the distance, looking at the speed, it should be a vehicle.

In less than two minutes, the car got closer and closer, allowing the two to see everything clearly.

It was a large truck hauling cement and gravel. It was able to drive in heavy rain because of its overweight tonnage. It was not washed away by the water that almost submerged the tires. However, the driver was obviously hindered by the rain and could not control such a heavy vehicle. , running crookedly this way along the way, almost being washed away several times.

The raindrops fell on the telescope lens, Qin Chi wiped off the water stains on his head, turned his head and said to Zhang Zhi: "If you can drive, it should be a human, but I don't know if it is infected. Brother Zhi, try not to get close to strangers. , do you know?"

Zhang Zhi naturally understood this truth, and immediately agreed, the two of them looked at the large truck that had already driven to the school gate.

Brother Leopard has long been guarding the school gate with people. They don't know if they are interested in the people in the car or in the big truck, and they are more polite to the newcomers.

A big man jumped out of the truck and handed Brother Leopard a cigarette. After the two of them chatted for a long time, Brother Leopard raised his hand to signal the people in the truck to come out as well.

Several people jumped out of the truck compartment. After seeing the figure of one of them, Zhang Zhi and Qin Chi were both stunned.

Isn't that the glamorous young man wrapped in a wide raincoat and snuggling in a man's arms, Zhang Leyue?

Before the two could confirm the identity of the young man, another drenched man jumped out of the truck.

The man was not wearing a raincoat, and was facing Qin Chi's side again. This time, both of them could be sure that the man was Wei Zhinan.

Looking at the two of them, Qin Chi's eyes changed slightly.

In the previous life, Zhang Leyue and Wei Zhinan both got help from Zhang Zhi to leave Luocheng full of zombies. Qin Chi originally thought that as long as he and Zhang Zhi didn't care this time, the two would die in the mouth of the zombies, but he didn't expect them to be so dead that they could still escape here.

However, who is the man who is holding Zhang Leyue?