Chapter 101 Rest

The ark has never appeared from the beginning to the end, but human beings regard it as the only way to escape from the end of the world. How did the people who spread this rumor do it?

The RV is driving forward. There are many damaged areas on the road. A few months ago, the heavy rain caused landslides, and many places are still being dredged, so it is not easy to drive. The road of just over 100 kilometers took a few hours to arrive.

This is a relatively remote village. There are not many zombies wandering in the village, and they can be cleaned up soon.

Qin Chi found a two-story building, and after breaking the door lock with an axe, he temporarily lived here.

The house was not damaged, and there was no trace of zombie invasion. Probably before the zombies came, the people in this village had already received the news, locked the courtyard door, and evacuated most of the people.

"If this was in the era of civilization, our behavior would be called trespassing in private houses, and we would have to go to jail." Seeing the dull atmosphere, Lao Yuan joked.

"Let's live here and make amends for the owner of this house first." Qin Chi looked at the houses as he walked, checked every corner, and made sure that there were no zombies before asking Wen Jia to carry Zhao Fengnian into the bedroom.

The rest of the people simply cleaned the house. They won't be staying here for long, so they don't need to think too much.

In the room, Wen Jia covered Zhao Fengnian with the quilt taken from the RV, and helped Lao Yuan change the medicine before doing other things.

The RV parked in the yard was too conspicuous. After Qin Chi made sure that there was no one around, he put the RV into the space in front of Qiao An. Qiao An opened his mouth for a long time, but in the end he didn't ask anything, and silently helped Zhang Zhi sweep the floor.

Muzi went to turn on the lights and found that the power was cut off, so he could only use the generator to supply power.

Zhang Zhi and Wen Jia soon went to install the generator again. The past few weeks have been shady weather, and the solar panels cannot be used.

Although this house has a gate and an outer wall of the courtyard, everyone does not dare to be careless, and they have to keep a watch at night.

After a simple dinner, Lao Yuan and Ba Ping went to bed early, and after everyone else slept, they had to get up to watch the night.

Except for Wen Jia, who was taking care of Zhao Fengnian in the bedroom, everyone else played poker around the table.

After all, there are still injuries in the bed, and everyone is in a bad mood. Before he could play two hands, Mu Zi threw the poker on the table and said angrily, "No more."

Zhang Zhi also pampered him, "I see there are basketballs in the room above, do you want to ask Xiaochi to accompany you? Playing basketball?"

"It's so late, I can't see the basketball anywhere." Qin Chi looked at the dark sky outside, and then checked the time, "It's not too early, let's all go to bed."

"I can't sleep. Let me keep the night watch first, and let Lao Yuan and the others sleep a little longer." Mu Zi had slept in the car during the day, so he would simply take out his phone to play games.

"Maybe it's going to rain heavily, it's really cool outside." Joan went to open the window a little bit, and the cool wind blew in, very comfortable.

In order to prevent zombies from breaking in at night, the windows and doors are always closed, so that no wind can penetrate. After Qiao Ann opened the window, only a few people saw that the big trees in the courtyard were blown up and down by the wind.

Although it is cool, it always feels as if something will get in in the next second, which is uncomfortable.

"Brother Qiao An, close the window, it's scary." Mu Zi shouted.

Qiao An Yiyan closed the glass window, and the wind outside became quieter.

There's no fun either, Qin Chi lacks interest, and rather than staying downstairs, he wants to go back to his room and do something shy with Zhang Zhi.

Joan was also a little tired and went back to the house to accompany the baby.

Mu Zi was the only one left in the living room. While playing games, he looked up at the direction of Zhao Fengnian's bedroom. He was distracted several times, wondering what he was thinking.

At night, Lao Yuan woke up and saw that Mu Zi was still playing games, and he punched him in the head.

"Don't go to bed yet, do you want to grow taller!"

"Pain!" Mu Zi whispered while holding his head.

"Go to bed if it hurts, the child will worry about the vigil." Lao Yuan said, he lifted Mu Zi from the sofa, and then kicked him on the buttocks, kicking Mu Zi to the ground.

"I see, why are you working so hard? It hurts to death." Mu Zi rubbed her buttocks and complained as she went upstairs.

Lao Yuan laughed and lay back on the sofa, occupying Mu Zi's place just now.

Mu Zi turned awkwardly into Zhao Fengnian's room, and asked awkwardly at the door, "Brother Wen, is that Zhao surnamed awake?"

Wen Jia was sitting by the bed reading a book, and after glancing at Mu Zi, he said again, "Don't worry, you're recovering, you'll be able to wake up tomorrow, go back to sleep, don't you want to grow taller?"

Mu Zi didn't move. After hesitating for a while, he gently walked to the bedside to visit Zhao Fengnian.

Zhao Fengnian was wrapped in a bandage on his upper body, lying on a sterile sheet, with an IV drip on his hand, still lifeless, but his face was much better than the day before.

Wen Jia lowered her head to read, didn't hear Mu Zi's movement for a while, and looked up to see that he was staring at Zhao Fengnian.

"It's none of your business, don't blame yourself too much, I'm the one who should be most responsible." Wen Jia closed her eyes slightly, with a look of shame on her face.

If it wasn't for his untimely response, Zhao Fengnian wouldn't have suffered such a serious injury.

Wen Jia once felt very ashamed. He was also a mercenary after all. He and Lao Yuan had known each other since childhood.

Just yesterday, because of being in a fighting state for a long time, my body was too tired, and I couldn't bear it. My motor nerves couldn't respond, and I couldn't even avoid the glass block.

If Zhao Fengnian was injured by a bullet, he would feel a little better, but it is the kind of thing that has no speed...

Wen Jia pressed his forehead, put down the book and did not want to recall the scene.

Seeing that Wen Jia also had a guilty face, Mu Zi simply went to his room, carried all the pillows and quilts, and laid down on the floor.

"I'll keep it with you." After all, he was a benefactor, and he couldn't leave Zhao Fengnian alone.

Wen Jia didn't stop it, and let Mu Zi curl up and fall asleep.

Everyone was very tired, and it was very late when they woke up. After washing up, they went downstairs slowly.

Some time ago, I have been fighting zombies to collect spar, and I have no time to rest. When I am free, I don't know what to do.

In the morning, Ba Ping stretched and pushed them away with a yawn.

"I'm relying on Lao Yuan, come and see, is it my dazzling brother, why is it so dark outside?"

Lao Yuan also walked to the door and saw that the sky was full of layers of dark clouds, it was obviously past ten o'clock in the morning, It was as dark as five or six in the morning.

Not only was the sky dark, but the wind was blowing. Ba Ping felt that he was heavy, but he felt like he was going to be blown into the sky.

"What the hell is this monstrous wind, it's scary." It's

cool to be cool, but this kind of weather is really not suitable for going out.

Qin Chi also came out of the house, looked at it and said, "It's quite scary, probably like what Qiao An said, it might be raining heavily. Fortunately, we found a house on a high ground. If the water rises then, It would be fun if the house was completely flooded."

In fact, Qin Chi had specially found this house.

What followed was the months-long rainy season, with flooding and flooding everywhere. The building he was looking for had a solid foundation and was neither close to the mountains nor near the water, so there was no need to worry about natural disasters such as landslides and mudslides.

In addition, this house is also built on a relatively high terrain, which is the least prone to flooding in the nearby wilderness.

Zhao Fengnian's injuries didn't get better in a day, so they couldn't drive around for a day, and it was much safer to find a place to stay than to drive in heavy rain and floods.

The hurricane roared, and the red tiles on the surrounding houses were blown away. The smaller trees were even more crooked, the branches were broken a lot, and countless dead branches and leaves fell into the yard.

Fortunately, Qin Chi put the RV in the space the day before, otherwise the roof of the RV would definitely be full of dead leaves and bird droppings, so dirty that no one could see it.

After breakfast, except for Mu Zi who looked after Zhao Fengnian upstairs, everyone else stood in the yard blowing the cool breeze.

"I used to like sunny days, and I always felt that the weather made people feel better. As a result, there was a series of high temperatures some time ago, and now I am afraid of sunny days." Qiao An said gently.

Ba Ping also said, "No, it's not easy for me to keep my body fat, and I would almost bake oil for Lao Tzu."

A few people chatted there, Qin Chi took out the off-road motorcycle from the space, and Wen Jia sat in his car on the back seat.

"Are you going out?" Zhang Zhi walked over and asked.

Qin Chi put on his helmet, "Brother Wen wants to see the terrain nearby, let's go together."

Zhang Zhi nodded, "You guys pay attention to safety."

"I know."

When Wen Jia was seated, Qin Chi roared away on his motorcycle.

They are not familiar with this area, so they have to look around before it rains, and take precautions if there is any problem.

Lao Yuan saw that the two of them had run away, and he was bored when he was idle, so he simply took out another motorcycle and greeted Ba Ping to go in the other direction.

After the four of them left, the courtyard was deserted again.

Qiao Ann stood at the door and said quietly, "If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, it would be really hard for me to believe that such a miraculous situation would exist in the world."

These people can always find things out of the void, as if there are The portable space in a novel refreshed his worldview.

Zhang Zhi didn't explain, just smiled.

Joan whispered again, "I know you may not believe me, but I will never say it, so don't worry about me."

In any case, these people are the saviors of him and his son, no matter what happens in the future, He couldn't betray them.

Zhang Zhi didn't say anything, after all, people's hearts are unpredictable, and there are many things that can't be helped in the chaotic world. Even if one day Qiao An or Zhao Fengnian did something unfavorable to them for their own sake, they would not be surprised.

Staying at home, Zhang Zhi had nothing to do, so he went to the kitchen to stew a chicken to replenish everyone's body.

It didn't take long for Zhao Fengnian to wake up, and Mu Zi yelled upstairs, scaring Zhang Zhi and Qiao An so much that they thought something was wrong.

The two hurried upstairs, just as Zhao Fengnian was struggling to get up, the indwelling needle inserted in the back of his hand was forcibly pulled out by him, and blood beads were oozing out.