Chapter 50 Finding gasoline

"You, you..." The man shivered with fright.

Zhang Zhi lowered his eyes and lowered his voice, "If he died in the car, do you think anyone would find out?"

Who died in the car?

Who else could it be?

The man finally understood that he had encountered a tough stubble. This group of people was different from the ones he had touched before. They were real desperadoes, who could do anything with difficulty, murder and arson.

Before he could greet his wife and children, the man took a step back, fell to the ground with one foot in the air, and then ran away.

The woman was stunned, but seeing that all the men ran away, she did not dare to continue making trouble, so she had to hold the child and chase the man.

Zhang Zhi put away the steps, closed the door, leaned back against the wall of the car and sighed slightly.

Fortunately, his children were not born, otherwise they would be displaced and suffer with them in this cruel and troubled world.

Zhang Zhi put his palm on his lower abdomen, his eyes sad.

On the other side, Qin Chi, Lao Yuan and Wen Jia were looking for gasoline on the streets.

Because of the sudden earthquake, most of the gas stations collapsed, and the gasoline reserves were also low. After they took away the gasoline at the gas station, they moved their targets elsewhere. When encountering some unmanned vehicles, they will open the fuel tank, collect the remaining fuel as much as possible, and put it in Qinchi's space.

There are not many zombies in this area, and most of them were crushed by the earthquake. In the past, the bustling and lively streets were extremely lonely, and there were almost no living people. Only a few zombies were left.

During this period, zombies have not evolved and are not very sensitive to human beings. As long as the number is not large, two or three people who are sparse cannot attract them without making a loud noise.

Qin Chi walked to a Mercedes-Benz and saw a male zombie in the driver's seat staring straight ahead, his eyes cloudy and gray, the seat and steering wheel were all covered with blood that was about to coagulate, and flies were flying all over the carriage.

The car key was inserted into the keyhole, and the car window was smashed by zombies. Qin Chi didn't spend any effort, reached in, and pressed the unlock button on the car key.

"Gu..." Perceiving the breath of the living, the zombie turned slightly to look at Qin Chi, with no expression on his pale face.

This zombie should have been bitten not long ago. He was tied to the seat by the seat belt and couldn't move. Qin Chi said sorry in his heart. He picked up the baseball bat and sent it away without hesitation, ending the pain of human beings becoming zombies.

After getting rid of the zombies, Qin Chi opened the fuel tank cap on the right side of the body and put the remaining oil in the large mineral water bucket.

Fortunately, the owner of this car should have just filled it up, Qin Chi got nearly 100L of gasoline, and then threw it into the space.

This little oil is better than nothing for the RV. Qin Chi closed the fuel tank cap and walked towards the car in front of him.

Not far away, Wen Jia also found a Land Rover Range Rover, also got 100L of gasoline, and threw it into Lao Yuan's space.

Lao Yuan's space storage box is much smaller than Qin Chi's, it can't hold a few barrels of oil, and the ones collected later can only be put in Qin Chi's.

In fact, there are a lot of materials in the relatively hidden shops in this area, such as general merchandise food and medicine, which have not been looted. It was just because of the earthquake that many shops collapsed and were crushed. Qin Chi tried several times and could only find some insignificant things from the ruins, which was a waste of time.

In desperation, these things can only be buried forever.

Turning around the corner, in front of a convenience store, a female clerk in overalls was crushed under a boulder. If her face hadn't already begun to rot and maggots, it would have made a sound like a moan from her mouth. Instead, it was a hysterical cry.

Qin Chi walked over and saw a large number of maggots squirming on the female clerk's face. Those white bugs were biting through the rotting flesh, and the originally red flesh gradually turned into a swollen white as if it had been washed with blood.

Did that thing appear in the zombie's mind?

Qin Chi picked up the baseball bat and smashed the head of the female zombie into pieces.

He picked up a broken steel bar from the side, and then rummaged through the pool of brain tissue on the ground, trying to find the thing that everyone was fighting for in the previous life.

However, at this time, the zombies didn't seem to have evolved yet...

Qin Chi endured the pungent stench and stirred for a while, sure he didn't see the thing, so he had to stop in disappointment.

But not now, and it should appear after a while. In this life, he should understand the value of that thing before anyone else, and then he will tell Lao Yuan and the others.

Two zombies, a man and a woman, staggered from behind, and behind them was a little girl who was only five or six years old with a doll bear.

This is a family of three. Even if they became zombies, their parents still did not abandon their daughter.

The zombies were slow to move. Qin Chi clenched his baseball bat and walked over in three or two steps, smashing the zombies' heads with one wave.

Lao Yuan and Wen Jia are working together to find gasoline, especially those with large fuel tanks. Several people pried open the fuel tanks in the nearby cars, and the gasoline they got from the gas station was still not much.

The temperature is very high, the scorching sun is on the sky directly above, and the water on the road is almost evaporated. Even if they are wearing jackets, the three of them can feel the scorching heat brought by the sun.

This kind of heat is different from the sultry heat before the rainstorm. Although the temperature will be high, the sky will be cloudy with dark clouds and no harsh sunlight. On the contrary, after the rain stopped, the sun returned to the sky, and the direct sunlight from the cloudless sky was like a quenched poison needle. Even through the cloth, one could feel the severe stinging pain.

Qin Chi has no doubt that any idiot who walks shirtless in the sun will be roasted with a layer of skin.

They were wearing jackets, and their bodies were soaked with sweat. Lao Yuan felt that his underwear was soaked and soaked with sweat.

Drops of hot sweat flowed into his eyes, and Lao Yuan looked up at the sky, "Forget it, let's rest in the car for a while, I think I'm going to suffer from heat stroke after a while." The

three quickly returned to the off-road vehicle, Qin Chi Turn on the air conditioner, and the scorching heat is blown away by the swish cold wind.

"Huh..." Lao Yuan let out a long sigh of relief as he took off his jacket, "Xiao Qin, it's fortunate that you have the foresight and prepared so well, otherwise we'll be doomed this time."

Zhang Zhi was present before, and Lao Yuan didn't say anything. After all, there are only three people in the car now, and some words have no worries.

Qin Chi also took off his jacket, wiped his sweat again, and took out the energy drink in the small freezer and handed it to the other two.

"Let's not talk about this between us, Lao Yuan." With Lao Yuan's care for their husband and wife in his previous life, Qin Chi had to remember this kindness in everything he said.

Wen Jia drank a can of beverages in one breath, took the storage box from Qin Chi and Lao Yuan, and looked at the materials inside the space through the 3D projector.

After a while, he frowned and said, "Too little."

There are actually many materials in the space, and the types are also very complete. It can be used by a group of people for a few years, but it is far from enough.

Materials are consumables. If they are not replenished in time, they will only decrease and not increase. In particular, food and bullets and firearms are used up a little less, and there is no such thing as reuse. And no one knows how long this situation will last. Once it runs out, they are no different from the vast majority of people, and can only survive in the end times.

Qin Chi finished his drink, wiped his hands with a rag, and said, "Indeed, when you can collect it, you must not drop it."

"There is not enough space." Lao Yuan approached the small space and frowned like Wen Jia.

His space is full of supplies, plus a few barrels of gasoline, it will be difficult to stuff any more things, and Qin Chi's space is larger, but he has more supplies, and he has to make room for an off-road vehicle , there is not much space left.

Even if I can get the supplies, I don't know where to put them.

The atmosphere in the car was a little heavy, Lao Yuan coughed dryly, and then said with a laugh, "It would be great if I could get another space, so what, Xiao Qin, why don't you go back to your wife's house, his grandfather still has Do you have any other relics?"

Anyway, he turned the house upside down, and even cleaned out the mouse hole, so he didn't stop when he was sure there were no other small boxes.

Qin Chi was amused and helpless, "Brother Zhi's grandfather's relics have been sold by his parents, so he only has a blue and white porcelain vase."

Besides, how can there be such a good thing, can you find so many storage boxes?

Lao Yuan's expectations are not unreasonable. If they can have a storage box, they can put their RV in it at any time and use an off-road vehicle instead, which can save a lot of fuel and reduce unnecessary trouble.

After all, that RV was easy to use, but it was too eye-catching.

After a short rest, the three got out of the car again and continued to collect gasoline.

Qin Chi stood in front of a Volkswagen and shot the owner of the car who had turned into a zombie. He was about to pry open the fuel tank cap, but he saw a red shadow on the street corner behind him from the rearview mirror.

He was stunned for a moment, then looked back immediately, but saw nothing.

Is it an illusion?

Qin Chi shook his head and didn't take this matter to heart.

After collecting gasoline, the three returned to the resettlement site.

The sun has set, but the temperature is still very high, not to mention thirty-seven or eight degrees Celsius. There were no air conditioners and fans at the resettlement site, and the survivors complained a lot. Some of them had violent conflicts with the authorities and were subdued by armed personnel.

It's different now than usual, special means should be used at special times, and people who don't cooperate with the placement and protection will be executed on the spot and no one will say anything.

As soon as Qin Chi's group got back to the RV, they smelled the aroma of rice.

Ba Ping was busy in the small kitchen in the middle section of the train. After seeing the three of them, he raised the spatula, "Hey, you guys are back. Go sit and wait for dinner. Brother Ba will cook a big meal for you tonight!"

Qin Chi He glanced left and right, "Where's Brother Zhi?"

Ba Ping rolled his eyes, "Why do some people only care about his wife? With Brother Ba around, can he still make his wife fail?"

Lao Yuan punched Ba Ping. On his shoulders, he laughed and scolded: "If you tease Xiao Qin again, be careful that he turns against you."

Qin Chi didn't see Zhang Zhi in the living room, so he went to the bedroom at the back of the car and said casually, "This kind of day is like a long time away. The feeling of Sanqiu, bachelors will not understand."

Lao Yuan, Ba Ping, Wen Jia: "..."