Chapter 96

"In such a hurry?" Mu Zi wanted to rest for two more days, waiting for the scar on his arm to heal.

"Isn't Lao Zhao still looking for his ex-wife and children? Besides, Zhao Xi is afraid of us, and leaving early will prevent him from thinking wildly and causing trouble for us." Qin Chi is mainly worried that there will be a heavy rainstorm in the future, and it is not safe to drive on the road. Good to arrive at the sunset base.

Joan came over to look at the map and planned the route with them.

In addition to the lack of water, the rest of the food and department stores are readily available in the space. There are suitable villages and towns along the way. Collecting some necessary food is that you don't have to worry about the supplies before arriving at the Xizhao base.

The only thing Qin Chi was worried about was the problem of zombies on the way.

Letan City has already been bombed, and the fall of the rest of the city is only a matter of time. I don't know how many zombies will be encountered along the way, and they may not be able to escape safely.

In addition, presumably many areas are already building bases. In the next few years, the main unit will be "bases", and cities will disappear.

The days ahead will only get harder.

In the morning, after everyone hurriedly packed up, they drove out of the base in their off-road vehicles. They came to this base not long ago, and they didn't have much deep feelings. Unlike when they left Grandpa Zhang's house, everyone was a little reluctant to give up.

The high temperature that has lasted for several months has turned into a cool and cloudy day. You don't even need to turn on the air conditioner in the car, and you can feel the cool breeze when you open the window. It's just that the off-road vehicle space is too small, and there is no RV to be comfortable.

Thinking about such a big RV, it can only be left in the space and cannot be driven. Lao Yuan also felt sorry for the car he bought at a high price, so soon after driving out of the base, he asked Qin Chi to take out the RV and a group of people replaced it. By RV.

Qiao An stood outside the car with the child in his arms, looking up at the majestic big guy, very surprised, "Where did this car come from? Isn't this too luxurious?"

Lao Yuan explained without changing his face, "We hid the car in this wood earlier, and we can drive it as soon as we came out."

Not far away, Qin Chi drove the off-road car into the thick forest, making sure that there was no one around. Put the car into the space.

When he returned, Lao Yuan had already persuaded Qiao An in a few words.

Qiao An's nature is very simple, and she is probably a favored person before and after marriage, and she doesn't have so many crooked thoughts. But people are unpredictable, and they dare not reveal too much.

As for Zhao Fengnian, it's fine if you can't hide it.

The group got into the car, Mu Zi climbed onto the single bed at the back, and Ba Ping went to the kitchen to see the cute kitchen utensils that had been separated from him for a long time. Lao Yuan and Wen Jia took the initiative to sit in the cab and took on the heavy responsibility of driving and finding the way.

Entering the carriage, Joan carried the sleeping child onto the bed, and was taken care of by Mu Zi, who was playing games, and then went to the living room in front of him.

Zhang Zhizheng opened the window to let in the cool breeze. I haven't ridden this big guy for a long time, and the car is a little stuffy.

"Has your car been modified?" Joan touched the wall of the car, "It's much thicker than a normal car."

Looking at his appearance, it doesn't look like he has never seen an RV.

Qin Chi sat on the massage chair, enjoyed the massage service comfortably, and relaxed his muscles, "This car cost a lot of money to make Lao Yuan feel bad."

Lao Yuan's voice came from the TV on the wall of the car, "It's not , go bankrupt."

All the money from Muzi's future wife was paid in.

"But it's not a loss, right?" Qin Chi asked with a smile.

"That's not right." Lao Yuan was also very satisfied with his car.

After everyone was seated, Wen Jia had also adjusted the control panel of the off-road vehicle and slowly started the RV.

Qiao An said enviously, "The chassis of this car is very stable, and there is not much noise. It is really suitable for this situation." When

Lao Yuan in the cab heard this, he thought that it was specially built for the end of the world.

Zhang Zhi sat on the other massage chair and intertwined his fingers with Qin Chi. The two looked at each other and couldn't help but smile softly, making Qiao Anhao who was sitting opposite envious.

His husband, I don't know...

Thinking of her missing husband, Joan's expression darkened.

The RV is much more comfortable than an off-road vehicle with a small space, and the gasoline is abundant. Lao Yuan doesn't feel bad at all. Seeing a few zombies in front of him, he happily commands, "Lao Wen, step on the accelerator and kill them!"

"Dead long ago." Wen Jia was reluctant to soil the wheels and brushed past several zombies.

The zombies chased after him dully, and within a few minutes they were thrown far away by the fast RV.

In this big sturdy tin box, it seemed as if any danger was far away from them.

All the way down, the weather is getting colder and colder, and within a few weeks, I have been covered with quilts at night.

There were many people in the car, but there were only four beds, and at most two people could sleep on the sofa, and there was no way to take out the off-road vehicle in front of Qiao An and Zhao Fengnian.

At night, Lao Yuan and Zhao Fengnian slept in the cab, Qin Chi and Zhang Zhi huddled on the sofa, and the rest slept on the bed.

Wen Jia had to drive during the day and had to rest well at night. Qiao An was weak and had to take care of the children. Even if he was too embarrassed to sleep in bed, no one would ask him to sleep on the sofa.

The sofa was cramped, and it was really uncomfortable for two big men to squeeze together. Qin Chi asked Zhang Zhi to lie on top of him, and the two were close together.

Qin Chi stroked his lover's smooth back and whispered, "Looking at the weather, it will probably rain soon, then we'd better find a place to hide from the rain. It's not safe to run around."

No matter how high the chassis and the heavier tonnage of this RV are, it's not worth mentioning in the face of floods.

"After that, we should try to take the national road as much as possible, and the roads in the townships are not safe." Zhang Zhi was worried that the flash flood would break out under the heavy rain, and it would be too late to escape.

"Tell Lao Yuan and Wen Jia tomorrow." Qin Chi pulled the quilt up a little and covered Zhang Zhiyan tightly, wrapping his arms around Zhang Zhi's neck, "Go to sleep, it's rare to be so quiet tonight.

" , good night." Zhang Zhi closed his eyes.

All the people in the car fell asleep, but Qin Chi couldn't sleep, staring at the top of the car with wide eyes.

Zhang Zhi's slight breathing sounded in his ears, and Qin Chi recalled the days when he and Zhang Zhi depended on each other in his previous life.

Those days were too hard, and every time I remembered him, it was terribly uncomfortable, and because of this, I was even more fearful.

But just because of his reborn butterfly, many things have changed a lot now, saying that he didn't meet Zhang Leyue and that person at the Hanhai Base was enough to make Qin Chi anxious.

At two o'clock in the morning, Qin Chi hadn't fallen asleep, he just patted his lover's back lightly, and listened to the surroundings with his ears upright.

The area they were in was a village, and the village was still vaguely populated.

When the villagers learned that there were zombies infested, they gathered all the households, dug ditches and built canals, set up many barriers, and collectively hid in caves in the mountains.

Occasionally there are a few zombies from out of town roaming nearby, and they will also be killed by the self-defense force in the village. Compared with densely populated cities, such primitive small villages are obviously better able to cope with disasters.

Qin Chi listened to the chirping of frogs and birds coming from outside the car, and he always felt upset, as if something major would happen in the middle of the night, which made him unable to sleep well.

At about three o'clock, Qin Chi took out his mobile phone to play. He turned the interface brightness very low so that the light would not wake Zhang Zhi.

It's just that he didn't see it for five minutes, and he heard the sound of rumbling and rumbling from the ground, as if he had heard it in Luocheng, the roar of the explosion of natural gas pipelines.

The sound was far away and not obvious. Only the water in the water cup swayed slightly, indicating that Qin Chi was not dreaming.

Without any hesitation, Qin Chi covered Zhang Zhi's ear with one hand, and then sounded the car alarm.

This siren was installed by Zhang Zhi and Wen Jia a few days ago. As soon as the siren went off, it could be heard in all areas of the car.

The harsh sound woke everyone up from their sleep. When the old Yuan in the cab turned his head away, he looked out the window at the far edge of the city, which was red with fire.

"Damn, where is the fire again?"

The rest of the people also got up one after another. Zhao Fengnian looked in the same direction, and his face suddenly sank, "It's not a fire, it's a bombing!" In the

faint flames, it was obvious that there were flying objects circling in the sky. One after another shells were thrown into the city from a high altitude, causing the entire urban area to be on fire and thick smoke.

The sound of artillery fire became louder and louder, Zhang Zhi also stood up and opened the car window and looked into the distance.

"Why do you want to blow up the city again?"

Qin Chi said in a deep voice, "I can't control it."

In the back compartment, Ba Ping and Wen Jia walked over while putting on their clothes.

Wen Jia said, "Don't we see survivors being evacuated in many areas these days? If the zombies in the city can't be controlled, the survivors should be evacuated, and the infected will stay in the city and blow up with the zombies. This is the best option."

These days, along the way, they see that many military vehicles are moving part of the population to the newly established base, and it is said that major cities will have corresponding evacuation tasks until all the uninfected people are transferred to the newly established base. to the safe area.

As for the emerging cities that humans have spent decades building, they can only be submerged in powerful artillery fire along with zombies.

The explosion sounded louder and louder, and Joan was at a loss for a while holding the crying baby.

This child has always been obedient and rarely cried, and was really frightened, so he began to cry hoarsely.

"I'm sorry, I'll breastfeed him right away, I'm sorry..." Joan was in a hurry, afraid that the cry of the child would attract zombies and cause trouble to Zhang Zhi and the others.

Zhang Zhi put on his coat and walked over, took out milk powder and diapers, and took Qiao An to the back compartment to take care of the baby.

All the people in the car woke up and looked worriedly at the city being bombed. Only Mu Zi slept soundly, still hugging the pillow and talking in his sleep.

Wen Jia washed her face with cold water, jumped into the cab when she woke up, and planned to drive away from this place.

After all, the bombers are hovering above, if they are not aligned, and a bomb falls here, won't they die in vain?

But Wen Jia hadn't started the RV when he heard Zhao Fengnian shout, "What is that!"

Everyone in the car became nervous again and looked at the bombed area together.