Chapter 91 Polluted water

After the power grid is installed, trenches will be dug to repair the wall. Fortunately, it is already evening and the sun is down. Otherwise, people will be roasted to charred corpses if they work under the scorching sun.

Mu Zi passed by Zhang Zhi carrying a load of cement. Seeing the overseer chatting with others in the distance, he stopped to complain to Zhang Zhi.

"Brother Zhi, I'm about to get sunburned, are you tired?"

Zhang Zhi was digging a trench, and stopped to wipe the waterfall sweat on his forehead, "If you're really tired, you will be lazy, don't be too honest."

The base also has the difficulties of the base, but this kind of weather is really not very humane for people to come out to work. After a few hours, several groups of people have already fainted due to heat stroke. Originally, someone suggested to take a rest during the day and come back to work at night when it was not so hot, but the base felt that it was a waste of lighting tools and rejected the request.

Zhang Zhi raised his head and glanced at the burning clouds in the sky, thinking that there will be more sun tomorrow.

At ten o'clock in the evening, the teams finally ended their work, and Joan's logistics team distributed food to each worker in the cafeteria.

The self-defense forces have the most food. Each person has a bowl of rice and two spoons of vegetables. The vegetables are green vegetables and fried cabbage. There is no oil and no salt. It is just like boiled water, which makes people lose their appetite.

What made it even more difficult to swallow was that there was a strange smell in the food, just like the smell emitted by carrion. Although it was not strong, it was not difficult to detect it if you smelled it carefully.

Thinking that the cooking water might be boiled with corpse water, Muzi almost spit out all the fried dough sticks he ate in the morning.

The engineering team had a bowl of rice and a spoonful of cabbage. When Mu Zi saw the food in the bowl, he lost his appetite. He sat next to Lao Yuan and pulled rice grains, but he didn't eat it for a long time.

The logistics team had the least amount of food, and the consul regarded them as a waste of rice, and only gave them a bowl of gruel. But in fact, Omegas do a lot of things, but they get too little food.

However, Joan was very grateful for just such a small amount of food to feed the cat. He ground a few grains of rice at the bottom of the bowl with a spoon and mixed it with rice soup to feed the child.

Everyone was eating in the cafeteria, and Qiao An sat at a table with Zhang Zhi and others.

Seeing that Qiao An didn't even bother to drink a mouthful of rice soup, Mu Zi leaned over and whispered, "There is milk powder in the dormitory, so don't feed this."

Qiao An hurriedly shook his head, "No, then why are you embarrassed..."

"We all No one eats baby formula, so who else can you give it to your son?" Mu Zi glanced at the baby in his arms who didn't cry or make trouble, "And he's still so young, how can he feed rice soup?"

"Um , don't eat the food here, let's go back to the dormitory." Zhang Zhi put the bowl on the table and pulled Qiao An away.

At night, in the dormitory, Ba Ping and Zhang Zhi quietly cooked a sumptuous meal with the mineral water they brought.

Mu Zi patted his thigh and said angrily, "If you want me to say, why are we suffering? Thinking back to when we didn't live in the base, we had food and air conditioning, and we were free. Now that we live in the base, in addition to giving a Sleeping in the room, but also doing this and that and being called by others, exposed to the sun for a day, and the food you get is just a little bit, is it worth it? Is it worth it!"

"This is for us, even if the base conditions are harsher if you don't look at other people, Do you want to stay if you break your head?" Lao Yuan was more open than Muzi, knowing that their conditions were good, of course they didn't want to live in the base, but for most people, it would be nice to have such a place to live.

Now that the outside world is getting more and more chaotic, the zombie virus is spreading so fast that it is impossible to control. They heard today that several cities have been paralyzed, and the survivors have fled wildly and rushed to the bases established in various places.

The sooner you enter the base, the more secure a place you can get to stay. Although for them, living in the base is not necessarily good.

Here, Zhang Zhi helped Qiao An with the milk powder, and also said, "Let's see the situation first, doesn't Mr. Zhao want to find his ex-wife and son?"

Besides, they don't know where they can go now, and they drive around and run around in their cars. Not the way.

Qin Chi sat behind Zhang Zhi, hugging his lover's waist, thinking that if this is the Hanhai base, then they should be able to meet Zhang Leyue, Wei Zhinan, and the man he hates the most.

If he really wants to meet, he must take his revenge first. He will never allow that man to develop and grow his power like in his previous life and live freely.

A long-lost night with cool breeze and a good night's sleep.

After being woken up by the consuls of each team in the morning, Mu Zi stood in front of the full-length mirror yawning, and saw that the blisters on his arms had begun to scab.

The day before, he was too hot, so he rolled up the sleeves of his jacket over his shoulders, and it turned out to be fine. When he came back at night, his arms were sore, and large blisters appeared. He couldn't help but dig, and with a bang, the blisters burst, and the pain made him grin. Later, Zhang Zhi rubbed the medicine for him to feel better. It's a pity that today, they have to continue to be exposed to the sun.

How long will the hot weather this dog day last? If it goes on like this, the drought will not be far away.

After having breakfast in the cafeteria, they still divided into three teams to go to different workplaces.

Zhang Zhi and Mu Zi were taken to the original school water tower to help purify the water.

The water for the water tower used to be imported from the waterworks, but a few days ago the waterworks did not know what happened and the water supply was cut off, so it could only be brought from the school's own reservoir.

The reservoir is in the mountains, and no one dares to check whether the water source is clean along the road. They can only pick up the impurities and garbage in the water tower, and then use the water purification device to filter, so that the water source can be used normally.

The water in the water tower was stinky and turbid, and there were many unknown sundries floating around, causing the few people who came to clean it to retching.

Muzi even fished out a soaked shoe from the water, thinking that fortunately he didn't eat the food in the cafeteria the night before, otherwise he would have vomited and vomited.

Zhang Zhi's endurance was better, and he used iron hooks to hook up the balls of hair in the water, the green rags and wire balls, and his brows were furrowed.

It's not just garbage, there are all kinds of flies, mice, cockroaches, etc. in the water tower, which is disgusting to death.

To say that the water here hasn't soaked the body, he doesn't quite believe it.

Climbing down from the water tower, Zhang Zhi said to the consular staff, "I heard that the zombie virus may be infected through the water source. The water in the water tower has not been thoroughly disinfected and purified, and it is really unbearable. Can you think of a way to change the water? "

Hehe, I still want to drink clean water, but now the situation is special, where can I find clean water?" Rubbish.

Zhang Zhi saw that the water had turned green. If there were zombies in the water once bathing, would people be fine if they ate it?

In the evening, when he talked about this matter, Qiao An said, "Those people in the consul drink the mineral water in barrels, which Lao Yuan and the other Self-Defense Forces went out to collect. Only us laborers use the water tower. No

matter what to drink or eat, Zhuang Wen, Zhuang Bin and other important figures in the base use mineral water extravagantly, while the personnel of the logistics teams of the engineering teams can only use water that is dirty and smelly.

Wen Jia said, "We didn't prepare much mineral water before. In a few days, the water stored in the car will run out, and we can only drink the water from the water tower like everyone else."

Mu Zi was drinking mineral water and smelled Yan puffed out the water in one mouthful.

What a joke, there are even dead flies and mice in the water, and there are a lot of rotten hair and shoes. He would rather die of thirst than drink that kind of water.

For the past two days, they have been pretending in the cafeteria. After returning, Ba Ping will make delicious food again, so that everyone can fill up their stomachs. The water they drink during the day is also brought out from the dormitory, which is not like most people. drink.

That's not called Liangbaikai, it can be called Lianglukai.

The base environment is so bad, if they don't improve, they will inevitably have problems if they stay.

A few days later, the group was exhausted by the high-intensity work and lost several laps, and they became more and more repulsive to this base.

Lao Yuan asked, "Lao Zhao, have you found your ex-wife and son? If we can't find it, we should withdraw." Even Lao Yuan felt that there was no future in this base.

Zhao Fengnian frowned and said, "I'm looking for them too, but there's been no news, no one has seen them."

"Then they may not be in this base, look for them carefully in the past two days and don't leave, we are Muzi. I'm going to cry." Lao Yuan felt the most distressed for Mu Zi, the child who was dragged by him.

Several people were discussing, but Qin Chi didn't say a word. Over the past few days, he has become more and more certain that this is the former Vast Sea Base, but it has not yet developed.

If the general direction of the development of the situation remains unchanged, he will be able to meet his "old acquaintance" here.

At 5:00 the next morning, Zhang Zhi heard the commotion outside on the playground, as if many people were arguing. He got up and glanced, Mu Zi and Qiao An were both still asleep, so he lightened his movements and went out with bare feet.

Qin Chi was also standing at the living room window and looking out. Seeing Zhang Zhi coming, he pulled him into his arms, and the two looked at the playground together.

Zhang Zhi asked in a low voice, "What's wrong?"

"A few people are making trouble, saying that the water they drink is too smelly, and the children at home have fever, vomiting and diarrhea after drinking it." Qin Chi looked at the man who was leading the trouble and said, "That man is just as selfish as us. Guards, we just brought back a few truckloads of water from the water factory yesterday, but all of them were hidden by the consuls, and it is said that the water used in the cafeteria is still from the water tower."

Although there is so much water, the people who contributed a little I can't get any good, and all I drink and eat is corpse water. Who is willing to work for the base in the long run?

More importantly, no one knows whether there will be zombie viruses in this water. If someone is infected, how can people live in this base?

The troublemakers are not asking too much. They just hope that the big figures in the base will at least take out clean water and use it together. Even if there are differences in food, clothing, housing and transportation, the issue of water sources should not be sloppy.

The consuls didn't dare to offend so many people in one go, so they could only persuade them with a smile, saying that they would discuss with the two bosses of the base, Zhuang Wenzhuangbin.

As for when the results will come out, it's hard to say.