Chapter 85

Wen Jia said coldly, "If you don't want to be handcuffed, you can leave early."

"I'll just say it casually, why are you so heartless, little brother?"

Lao Yuan tapped the edge of the coffee table with a fork and said to Zhao Fengnian, " Wen Jia is just that kind of temperament, he is relatively cold to outsiders, and after you get to know him, you will find that others are not bad."

Zhang Zhi had a deep understanding of this point.

Wen Jia was cold on the outside and hot on the inside. He was too nice to his own people, but just wanted to tell outsiders to get out of the way. At present, Zhang Zhi had been classified by him into his own group, and Zhao Fengnian was still in the stage of being rejected.

Muzi was also very resistant to outsiders. Because of Zhao Fengnian's existence, they couldn't go back to the RV to cook and eat. This was the most uncomfortable thing.

A few people ate quickly, then threw away the empty box, and then discussed which route to take next.

Major cities are under martial law, foreigners are not allowed to enter, and virus testing is being carried out in the city, I don't know how effective it is.

Even if the city is open, Qin Chi and others don't plan to go to the city anymore.

They have a lot of supplies on hand, so they don't have to go to the city with all their life, and they are relatively safe when they sweep the surrounding small villages without fear of encountering a large number of zombies.

After the meal, because the weather was very hot and the air conditioner was on in the car, everyone had to take a nap.

Wen Jia drove the car to a shady corner and saw that the rich man came out of the hall surrounded by bodyguards and returned to the RV.

The car windows were tightly closed, and if others wanted to get their minds wrong, they also had to see if those bodyguards could mess with them casually.

Wen Jia looked back at Qin Chi, thinking that without Qin Chi and Zhang Zhi, the four of them would probably choose to be hired by the rich.

And because Mu Zi is young and his strength is not strong enough, he will definitely be bullied and bullied. How can he have such a good life now?

In the back compartment, Zhang Zhi removed the coffee table and flattened the seat on the left, freeing up half of the space for Mu Zi to lie down and take a nap. Only Mu Zi in the team has this treatment, the others either sit on chairs or go outside to set up tents.

There is no air conditioning in the tent, no matter how crowded it is, no one is willing to go out and suffer that sin.

Wen Jia was so sleepy that he closed his eyes and fell asleep within a few seconds. There are people you can trust in the car, and Zhang Zhi and Zhao Fengnian are guarding, in case everyone falls asleep and an accident occurs, there is nothing to worry about.

After everyone fell asleep, Zhao Fengnian saw that the car was too crowded and bored, so he sat under the big tree outside the car, smoking a low-quality cigarette.

Zhang Zhi was fine when he was idle, so he also got off the car and sat down beside Zhao Fengnian.

"I'm very worried about your ex-wife and son?"

Zhao Fengnian breathed out a smoke ring, "Can you not worry, these years, I have not taken good care of their mother and son, especially my wife, I really can't be sorry for her, after the divorce I want her to help take care of my son, and I don't know if they are doing well."

"Why, you haven't visited them?" Zhang Zhi thought that Zhao Fengnian loved his family so much, why would he take the time to visit them.

"She didn't let me go, saying that her current husband doesn't like her being involved with her ex-husband." Zhao Fengnian said with a sense of disappointment, "I haven't seen them for more than ten years, and even my son can only be seen from the photos, and the occasional video. Calling, he is very unfamiliar with me, because I am a father who is too derelict."

Although Zhang Zhi's child was not born, he felt the same way, "Your son is still young, he will understand you in the future."

"Yeah, wait. When I find them, I will protect them and no one will bully them!" Zhao Fengnian clenched his fists and had great hopes for the future.

Zhang Zhi asked again, "Where are you going to find it?"

"My wife's current husband is an important member of their city, and he should be able to escape as soon as possible. It is estimated that he is also heading south." The

south is more developed and richer than the north, with convenient transportation and medical emergency level higher. Relatively speaking, going to the south is a better choice.

There was a vast sea of ​​people, and Zhao Fengnian didn't know where to start, but as long as people were still alive, there was always hope.

The two chatted for a long time. When Zhang Zhi was too hot to go back to the car, Zhao Fengnian stopped him and took out a beautiful box from his pocket.

"This, please keep it for Muzi's child."

Zhang Zhi took the box and weighed it, it was neither heavy nor large, "What is this?"

"When passing the hall, a friend in the army gave it, He was injured before, and after he retired from the special forces, he turned into an ordinary engineer. This will be just to support the service area, so I just stuffed some snacks for me." It's all a life-threatening friendship, and this kind of selfishness is inevitable.

Zhang Zhi looked at the box and guessed that it was probably a chewing gum lollipop. These things are piled up in their space, but Zhao Fengnian is also well-intentioned, and it is difficult to refuse.

"Thank you, I'll give it to him when he wakes up."

"Thank you, thank you, I also want to thank you." Zhao Fengnian said with nostalgic eyes, "My son is about the same size as him, if there is a chance to meet him in the future, he will Maybe the two of them can become good buddies."

Zhang Zhi smiled, but didn't say that Mu Zi was extremely xenophobic, and this kind of thing probably wouldn't happen.

In the afternoon, when the weather was not so hot, everyone packed up and headed south.

Nowadays, network communication is blocked everywhere, and no one knows where is safe and where is not. Whether to stay in the city and wait for the superior arrangement, or to find a way out as soon as possible, no one can tell, let alone what decision to make is the right one.

Even the reborn Qin Chi couldn't make the right choice completely.

The domestic area is still in the process of disaster relief. Along the way, a group of people saw many military vehicles driving to major cities, seemingly to control the disaster situation, and the situation in various places is still not optimistic.

Sometimes when he encounters another car and stops to rest together, Zhao Fengnian will take the photo of his son and his ex-wife, go to the car and ask if he has seen the two of them. Can get some more information.

When the disaster just happened, he couldn't find someone in time, and later, because he had to support Luocheng with the army, he couldn't accompany his wife and children. As an ex-husband and father, he once hated himself for being incompetent, and he couldn't even protect his relatives, and he blamed himself for this.

At night, the weather was not so hot, and everyone stopped and rested in the wild on the roadside.

A lot of people went to the south to seek refuge. The roadside was full of vehicles, and they were separated by a certain distance from each other. They did not dare to get too close, because they were afraid that a zombie would run down from the car and give their life to them.

The road leads south with no end in sight. There are no towns and villages on both sides of the road, and it is deserted. Looking from a distance, a silver road is hidden in the wasteland, spreading to the distant horizon, and disappearing in the blood-red sunset.

Wen Jia drank the mineral water and felt a little sympathetic when he saw Zhao Fengnian inquiring about the whereabouts of his wife and children in a low voice.

"When is he going to keep asking like this?"

Mu Zi tore the wrapper of the strawberry-flavored chewing gum, took a piece and stuffed it into his mouth, chewing, "Who knows."

"This is the father. If I have a son and get separated in the chaos, I will definitely be as anxious as he is." Although Lao Yuan has no children, he might be even crazier than Zhao Fengnian if Mu Zi gets lost.

Zhao Fengnian was already restrained, and did not immediately abandon the mission assigned by the army and go back to find his relatives. But for this, he was also very guilty, so he almost wrote the words "I'm sorry" on his forehead, kneeling and knocking nine times every day to apologize to his wife and children who didn't know where to go.

If one day he learns that his wife and children have suffered misfortune, maybe he will lose his will to survive and die with the zombies.

After asking all the people on the side of the road and getting no news of his wife and children, Zhao Fengnian wiped his sweat and walked back. Seeing that Wen Jia and Mu Zi were looking at him, he was a little embarrassed and scratched his head and grinned. " I'm still thinking, if only I could meet on the road, after all, it's a family, there must be something like fate."

As a result, there was no news.

Wen Jia comforted, "No news is good news. Zhang Zhi said that your ex-wife's current husband is an important person, and he must escape faster than ordinary people."

"Yes, I hope." Zhao Fengnian tried his best to think in a good place. But I can't help but feel guilty and distressed.

He has seen many teenage children die on the side of the road. If this changes his own children, he will not be distressed to death?

In general, this disaster came too suddenly, especially the people in Luocheng Kaicheng, all suffered a devastating blow, their wives and children were separated, and they were homeless.

Ba Ping cooked a pot of white rice with a rice cooker, and fry a few side dishes with an induction cooker. He didn't dare to be too flamboyant. After all, with Zhao Fengnian here, he couldn't directly take out the frozen beef and chicken from the space, otherwise, doing something casually would be better than eating a vegetarian dish without all the seasonings.

But vegetarian food, although bland, is much better than fast food. For two days in a row, I couldn't eat hot and fresh food, and the seven people in the car smelled the aroma of fried fungus with green peppers, and even drooled.

During the meal, Lao Yuan took his rice bowl and went for a walk on the road in front of him. When he came back, he said, "The RV team that we will meet in the service area is on the same road as us, and it will stop not far ahead, good guy. , set up two or three tables, all delicious, too high-profile."

Can you make such a high-profile move in a wilderness area where order is completely lost, without fear of being jealous of people, murdering and robbing? Or are you deliberately showing off by relying on your own bodyguards?

Muzi shook his head, even he understood that one should not be too flamboyant, especially in this disordered world, if there is any delicious food, it would be better to hide it in the RV and eat it, instead of putting it out for everyone They are all jealous, isn't this making trouble for themselves?

Not long after, there was another noise in front, as if someone was fighting and making trouble. Mu Zi and Ba Ping ran over to watch the fun, and when they came back, they said that the owner of the RV, a middle-aged man, distributed the leftover food to the people around him. His arrogant attitude was dissatisfying, and he asked him to take out the untouched food. Come clean food, or make him look good.

There were too many people who wanted to take advantage of the chaos, and even the bodyguards could hardly maintain the scene, and they hid in their cars and did not dare to go out easily.

Lao Yuan took the opportunity to teach Mu Zi, "You see it, so you must keep a low profile and not be arrogant. A madness will definitely lead to an accident."