Chapter 54 Aftershocks?

The two stayed quietly, Qin Chi suddenly raised his head and listened, frowning slightly.

Zhang Zhi was the first to discover his abnormality, "What's the matter?"

"Have you heard any sound, rumbling like thunder." Qin Chi has lived in the end of the world for five years, and is extremely sensitive to all the sounds around him. Any changes could not escape his ears.

Zhang Zhi and Mu Zi also listened, but they only heard the sound of wind coming in through the crack of the window and the sound of tires running over the ruins.

"I'll ask Lao Yuan." Mu Zi didn't dare to be careless, and immediately turned on the TV on the wall of the car to talk to Lao Yuan in the cab.

Earlier, Qin Chi specially installed lines in the cab and the carriage that could connect with each other. As long as the LCD TV was turned on and tuned to a specific channel, they could see the situation in the cab from the carriage, and they could also talk to them in the cab.

After Lao Yuan received the prompt to turn on the small TV hanging in front of the car, the faces of several Qin Chi people suddenly appeared on the screen.

"Damn it, this thing is high-tech, it can be used without internet!" It was the first time that Lao Yuan used the in-car video to make a call.

"Don't talk nonsense, Lao Yuan, listen carefully to see if there is any abnormal movement outside the car." Qin Chi always had an ominous premonition and was inexplicably irritable.

"Wait a minute, let brother listen carefully." Lao Yuan opened the car window and stuck his head out.

After a while, Lao Yuan sat back to his original position with a solemn expression, "There is a rumbling sound, but it doesn't look like thunder. How should I put it, it seems that something exploded."

Qin Chi's heartbeat suddenly skipped a beat, thinking hard. Can't wait for the above to blow up Luocheng?

However, Zhao Fengnian and these armed men are very calm, it seems that they have not received the notice, and there are still many people in Luocheng who have not had time to escape, so they should not bomb the city now.

So what's up with this boom?

Zhang Zhi opened the window, glanced outside, and said in a deep tone: "The direction of the north gate is not right!"

Qin Chi and Mu Zi hurriedly slumped over to the car window and looked towards the north gate.

"Fuck, is that a light or a fire?" Mu Zi's exclamation startled Ba Ping, who was humming a little song to make his wife's cake.

Ba Ping came to the parlour with plastic gloves and a mold for making cakes. Seeing that the three of them were looking out, he asked curiously, "What are you looking at, there is something good outside?"

Zhang Zhi pointed to the outside of the car, " There seems to be a fire in the direction of the north gate."

Ba Ping looked out after realizing it, and then blurted out, "Fuck!"

At this moment, few people may have noticed that the sky to the north seemed to have been scorched by fire, showing a large area. , and the town at the end of the horizon also appeared fiery red, because the distance was too far, no one knew what it was.

Ba Ping wiped his sweat, "Is there a fire somewhere?" He always felt that the weather was stuffy, and it was fine to stay in an air-conditioned car. When he came into contact with the outside air, he could literally suffocate people to death.

There were also people in the cars in front of them who couldn't stand it, and were screaming and screaming from the heat, but there was nothing they could do.

The air seemed to have evaporated even the last trace of moisture, dry and thin, and what was inhaled into the nose seemed to be a mass of charcoal wrapped in flames, irritating the nasal mucosa to a dull pain.

Zhang Zhi got up, found a humidifier from the locker, filled it with water, and plugged it in.

The moist and dense water mist spilled out from the nozzle, which soon improved the dry air. Qin Chi also closed the window tightly so as not to waste the cold air brought by the air conditioner.

The sun is bright during the day, so I can use the solar panels to boil water, cook rice, charge electrical appliances, etc. The energy needed to turn on the air conditioner is also converted from solar energy. Stopped on.

There is an air conditioner and a humidifier in the car, and the environment is as good as the office in the pre-apocalyptic office. It is comfortable and cool, and you won't feel cold when you dance in a thick cotton coat.

Compared with them, the people in the other cars couldn't stand it for a long time.

For the sake of safety, the carriages are closed, and the windows are tightly closed to prevent zombies from suddenly rushing in. In order to save gasoline, the air conditioner is not turned on, and people continue to faint from heat stroke along the way.

It's just that it's hot, but the air is too dry, and many people have chapped lips, nosebleeds, and misery.

But even so, no one dared to open the window for ventilation. After all, they would rather suffocate in the car than the zombies that would appear when they did not know when, or at least leave a whole corpse.

Not only was the weather maddeningly hot at night, but the zombies' activities were also a bit abnormal.

In the last military Humvee, Zhao Fengnian took off the military helmet, and a few beads of sweat were thrown from his sweaty hair, and a few strands of black hair stuck to his forehead, giving off a somewhat weak aesthetic feeling.

Losing the restraint of the helmet, Zhao Fengnian exhaled a scorching breath, "Damn, what happened today, it's so hot!" The

driver gave him a worried look, "Captain, put on your helmet, although the heat is hot A little bit, but in case there are zombies..."

"What are you afraid of, didn't you find that the zombies are very quiet tonight?" Zhao Fengnian frowned and used night vision binoculars to observe the nearby zombies in the dark night.

I don't know if it was affected by the high temperature, those zombies were very inactive, even if the car tires ran over the stones occasionally, or someone who couldn't control their mouths screamed, they couldn't attract their attention.

Just like humans who are sullen due to the high temperature, the zombies who are usually active are standing or sitting, and one by one is almost still, as if they have lost their ability to move.

If there is no such high temperature, Zhao Fengnian will still be happy, hoping that these zombies plan to stop chasing humans, and conscience finds that they are ready to commit suicide. But at the moment, he was in a very heavy mood. He always felt that there were still big things that had not come out, and even more earth-shattering events would happen later.

Hopefully, it's just his guessing.

At three or four in the morning, the convoy finally crossed the city and came to a temporary checkpoint in front of the Nanmen Expressway intersection.

All people coming from the city must be tested here for the virus before they can be released. This is the same as the checkpoint at the east gate and north gate, which is equivalent to the last defensive checkpoint in Luocheng. As long as you pass it, it seems to mean saying goodbye to the terrible disaster of Luocheng.

There were also survivors sent from other routes at the checkpoint. Everyone anxiously waited for the test, trying to escape from the hell on earth in Luocheng as soon as possible.

The detection takes time, and the identity information must be checked one by one, so the speed is very slow. Many people can't help but want to pass the customs, but they are scared back by the armed men at the highway intersection.

The dark muzzle is aimed at them, who dares to break through, isn't it courting death? They all survived through untold hardships, how could they die in vain at the last moment?

Zhang Zhi and his party came late and could only be at the end of the line. Zhao Fengnian and other armed men also got out of the car to rest for a while, and they had to return to pick up the others after a while.

Zhang Zhi took a good pack of cigarettes and walked over to Lao Yuan to chat with Zhao Fengnian.

Zhao Fengnian was staring at the North Gate in a daze.

It's a pity that the network communication has not been fully restored, and he can't get in touch with Beimen's teammates in time. No matter how worried he is, he can't get any exact news about Beimen.

"Hey, Lao Zhao, what are you doing with your frowning face? Come, have a cigarette." Lao Yuan handed the cigarette over, but Zhao Fengnian didn't refuse, he took it and put it in his mouth.

"Sorry, you are all good. You will escape after leaving the expressway intersection. We people have to continue to fight, maybe we will die in a second." Zhao Fengnian was smoking a cigarette, but his eyes still did not leave Beibei. door direction.

Zhang Zhi asked: "Have the outside support troops arrived yet?"

"Arrived early, big boss, or do you think that with just a few people like Luo Cheng, you can control the zombies?" With the tip of his nose, he suppressed the wetness from the corners of his eyes, and said, "I didn't understand the situation at first, and sacrificed a lot of people, but the second batch of support troops will soon enter the city, and it is estimated that there will be no problem in stabilizing the situation."

Lao Yuan patted Zhao Fengnian's shoulders knew that he was sad for his teammates who sacrificed.

"Don't other cities know about Luocheng now?" Zhang Zhi remembered that only when zombies suddenly appeared and attacked people at the beginning, someone uploaded zombie videos, but it seems that they have been cleaned up after that, that is to say, it is very likely that Except for Luocheng, other cities don't know about zombies at all.

Why do this, tell the truth as soon as possible, isn't it the wisest choice for all people to fight against zombies?

Zhao Fengnian shook his head, and was also puzzled by this matter, "How do I know what the above is thinking? But speaking of it, Luocheng's situation is much better than Kaesong."

Lao Yuan asked, "Why, Kaesong is also "

Kaicheng... It's probably already a dead city, maybe tens of thousands of people escaped, and the troops that went in to support them were wiped out."

Zhao Fengnian's words seemed to be struck by thunder, which shocked Zhang Zhi and Lao Yuan. .

Kaicheng became a dead city, and even the army was destroyed?

how can that be?

Seeing the disbelief on their faces, Zhao Fengnian gave a wry smile. When he learned about Kaesong, why didn't he feel chills down his spine?

The reason why Luocheng's support came so late was because most of the troops had already been put into Kaesong. As the hardest hit area in Kaesong, even if a lot of manpower and material resources are invested, it cannot match the ending of the city's destruction, which shows how severe the situation is.

Zhang Zhi didn't understand. If Kaesong had been supported from the very beginning, why would it be such a tragic end?

According to the speed at which the zombie virus spreads in Luocheng, even if there are tens of thousands of zombies, under the crushing of modern high-tech weapons, will even the army be wiped out? Even if the zombie virus in Kaesong might mutate and cause the entire city to be infected, the most direct method would be to block the entire city and then use missiles to destroy the town and all the zombies, so that the army would not be seriously damaged.

What happened in Kaesong?

The atmosphere was a little dignified, Lao Yuan was planning to say something, suddenly he heard a slight rumbling sound again, and at the same time the ground shook slightly, as if a small earthquake was breaking out.

Not only him, Zhang Zhi and Zhao Fengnian also bowed their heads at the same time, trying to figure out what just happened.

"Aftershocks?" Zhao Fengnian was not sure.

After the previous earthquake, aftershocks continued, but the situation seems to be a little different from the current situation. This kind of vibration is not like a strong impact from the depths of the ground that causes the ground to shake, but the ground surface is oppressed, giving off a vibration like a galloping horse.