Chapter 52 Go to the city

This man should be around forty years old, with a few white hairs on his temples, and his body is full of righteousness. He is thin but powerful.

He took a sip of the noodles, and followed the direction of the person in charge's finger to look at the RV in the distance, his eyes narrowed.

"Is that car yours?"

"Yes, the modified RV is very sturdy." Zhang Zhi replied.

The man's eyes were full of envy, "Okay, that's great, the rich are just different, that car looks like it's stronger than our military car, it's fun."

Zhang Zhi gives people the feeling that he is rich and extravagant . Completely successful, business elite, and in appearance, he is closer to the Alpha who is excellent in all aspects, so no one will doubt whether he has illegally acquired the RV, at most, it is a sigh, rich man It is willful, and I will really enjoy it.

After the praise was over, the man asked again, "Who are you in the car?"

Zhang Zhi knew that the person in front of him was the one who made the final decision, and immediately said, "There are Alphas in the car, so it won't cause you any trouble." He added, "They are all bodyguards I hired, and their force value is higher than that of ordinary people. Please don't worry about that.

" Doomsday is undoubtedly the biggest burden. Zhang Zhi specially explained that there were Alphas in the car, because he was afraid that men would have concerns.

The man thought about it and asked the person in charge next to him, "Have they all passed the test?" The person in charge lowered his head to check the records on the computer, "Sir, please report

your name and number?"

The record was quickly called up, "They all passed, there is no problem in this regard." The

man looked at the computer for a while, and asked strangely, "Your name is Zhang Zhi?"

"Yes, is there anything wrong?" Zhang Zhi and Qin Chi looked at each other, not knowing why. Qin Chi squeezed his hand, signaling him to calm down first.

The man smiled casually, "Zhang Zhi, a big taxpayer and a philanthropist in Luocheng, you are on the list of special protection personnel in Luocheng, we are obliged to try our best to meet all your requirements, of course you can leave the city first.

Qin Chi was stunned for a moment, "Special protection personnel?" "

Yeah, Luocheng's dignitaries, scientists, well-known doctors, and many others who have contributed to the society, for example, big taxpayers like you, who often do Charity person," the man paused, drank the instant noodle soup cleanly, and wiped his mouth before continuing, "Thank you for your contribution to Luocheng's economic development, let's set off with us tonight."

The person in charge immediately stood up with a worried look on his face, "Is this okay?" The

man laughed, "Don't worry, it's not that bad, I didn't see Mr. Zhang Zhi say that there are bodyguards in his car?" The

person in charge bit his lip , had to inform others.

The matter was finally settled, Zhang Zhi thanked the man again, and went back to the car with Qin Chi.

Finally able to leave tonight, the six of them breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that they could finally leave the ghostly place of Luocheng.

After hearing what happened, Ba Ping felt lingering fears, "So, if Xiaochi's wife is not a big taxpayer, we can't leave tonight?"

Zhang Zhi shook his head, expressing that he was not sure.

Qin Chi said, "No matter what the situation is, we can enter the city anyway. Everyone cheer up and leave on time at 11 o'clock tonight."

Military vehicles transport survivors to the South Gate three to four times a day, because Taking into account the physical strength of armed personnel, a shift system is adopted. Basically, each armed personnel will have two shifts a day.

It is not easy to send the survivors to the South Gate. You have to concentrate your energy and try to choose a road with few zombies and no obstacles. You must also pay attention to zombie sneak attacks. The number of battles during the period will not be small, and the route will be changed depending on the situation .

But no matter how tired or dangerous it is, someone has to do it. If everyone backs away, the world will really be helpless.

It was finally eleven o'clock in the evening, and everyone was ready to go.

People who can get on the bus and go to the urban area with the army are not as excited as they imagined. After all, everyone knows how dangerous the urban area is. This is likely to be a dead end that can no longer survive. Staying in the resettlement site may be more alive. a little longer.

The RV was the second-to-last in the line, with a military Humvee in the front row, followed by five buses and trucks, and a Humvee at the end of the line.

Ba Ping made a lot of fast food and sent it to the cab early, so that Wen Jia, who was driving, could replenish his strength at any time. Lao Yuan assisted from the side so that no zombies would hit the cab and distract Wen Jia.

The main force in the back compartment was Qin Chi and Ba Ping. Both of them were masters with guns and were responsible for sniping zombies from the windows on both sides. Although Mu Zi was an Alpha, he was still underage after all, so he worked with Zhang Zhi for support.

Under the watchful eyes of the remaining survivors at the resettlement site, the convoy set off slowly.

It is very dangerous to drive in the ruins at night. It is difficult for the human eye to see whether there are zombies attacking from the dark night, and there is no sunshine at night, and zombies are more frequent.

Everyone cheered up and did not dare to be negligent in the slightest.

In order to avoid attracting attention and save guns and ammunition, Lao Yuan discussed with everyone that if it is not necessary, don't use guns, and use ordinary weapons, such as baseball bats and machetes.

They're not really that dangerous in a sturdy motorhome, but they're bound to be out of luck and get into trouble.

All vehicles are enclosed and spaced apart to minimize noise to avoid attracting zombies.

On the streets full of gravel and dust, there were only scattered zombies wandering, and a few stared blankly at them, took a few steps forward, and were quickly caught by the armed men at the front with compound bows. Break the head.

The use of a compound bow can reduce the consumption of bullets, and it will not make too much noise, which is very suitable for use in the early days of the apocalypse. However, in the middle and late end of the apocalypse, the zombies evolve, the body becomes agile and agile, and the speed is greatly increased, the compound bow will not come in handy.

Upon seeing this, Zhang Zhi also took out the storage box and carefully rummaged for weapons, but only saw full firearms, but no cold weapons.

Half an hour later, the convoy finally drove into the dark urban area. The people in the car could hear the howls of zombies from afar. It seemed to be a clarion call from hell, which was creepy.

There should not be even a single living person in today's urban area, and even if there is, there is no way to save it, and even the army can't waste elite personnel to the center to die.

In the car, Zhang Zhi glanced at the time on his phone, it was half past eleven at night.

Mu Zi was using night vision binoculars to check the surrounding situation, and after a while he beckoned, "Brother Zhi, come here."

Zhang Zhi walked over.

"Brother Zhi, look, there are really a lot of zombies in the city." Mu Zi handed the telescope to Zhang Zhi so that Zhang Zhi could see the situation in the city.

tragic, tragic.

Because of that earthquake, the densely built urban area was already in ruins, with splashed limbs and bloody handprints everywhere, and many zombies and humans were crushed under the rocks and soil, which was horrible to see.

The RV lights flashed, and Zhang Zhi saw under a broken wall, a gray-haired old man was hit by a boulder, half of his body was crushed, and the other half was devoured by zombies, revealing gloomy bones. , Only the head is still intact, and the white hair is swaying slightly in the wind.

Under the car not far away, two five- or six-year-old children hugged each other tightly, their lower bodies missing. They should have wanted to hide under the car, but they were still discovered by zombies and ripped off their thighs.

Zhang Zhi closed his eyes and looked elsewhere.

Due to the timely search and rescue by rescue teams on the edge of the urban area, the buildings are not dense, and the casualties are not heavy. Those who hid in the urban area and waited desperately for rescue were either killed by the earthquake or died in the mouth of zombies, and almost no life was left. return.

The driver who led the way tried to choose a route with fewer zombies and fewer obstacles along the way. No lights or noises were allowed in the car except outside the cab, but even so, there were still many zombies dragging their broken limbs and legs slowly toward the convoy. .

"Ah—"

At this moment, there was a sudden scream from the vehicle in front, Qin Chi secretly said that it was not good, and hurriedly looked ahead.

At some point, a zombie appeared at the rear of the big truck. The zombie pulled the truck's guardrail and grinned at the person on the truck. The girl closest to it screamed in fright.

The people in the car hurriedly smashed the zombie's head with the steel stick that was handed out. The zombie's hand that had not evolved was released, fell to the ground, and was caught up in the wheel of the RV, which was instantly crushed into flesh.

Wen Jia frowned, "It's really dirty!" It made him have to wash the tires of the baby RV again.

With a cigarette in his mouth, Lao Yuan heard the movement from all directions, and helplessly spread his hands, "This is trouble."

Zombies are very sensitive to human voices and smells. When the girl shouted like this, the surrounding zombies moved in succession and rushed to the convoy, and the convoy tended to be surrounded in an instant.

They were in the car behind and couldn't hear the situation of the truck, but the girl must have been scolded badly by the person in the car.

Before departure, a walkie-talkie was sent to each vehicle to facilitate messaging.

In the cab of the RV, Wen Jia and Lao Yuan heard a vague male voice from the walkie-talkie: "Chichi-every car is ready to chirp-increase the horsepower and rush out!"

Thousands of zombies wandered nearby, once Being surrounded, unless you use weapons of high lethality such as grenade tanks, you can only wait to be torn apart by zombies.

The urban area was devastated by earthquakes and zombies, and there was no light at all. Everyone prepared their weapons and held their breaths to watch the surroundings.

Hundreds of zombies running at the front stumbled over, were knocked flying by the military Humvee rushing up, and made a way. The cars behind quickly followed and rushed out of the encirclement together.

The speed of the zombies is not as fast as the vehicle, and they are quickly left behind, but everyone still cannot escape the danger, because the closer to the city center, the higher the population density, and the more zombies.