Chapter 92 Riot

Naturally, the consul's remarks could not satisfy everyone, so more and more people came to ask for an explanation, and they all gathered in the square, and there was a tendency to "rebel".

Zhang Zhi turned his head and asked, "How much water do we have left?"

Qin Chi put his hand into his trousers, hooked his fingers to the edge of his underwear, and replied, "When I went to the water plant yesterday, Lao Yuan and I stored a lot of water in the space. ."

After inquiring about Zhang Zhi and Mu Zi's description of the water tower, Qin Chi and others even used extravagant mineral water for bathing, not to mention swallowing dirty water into their stomachs like others. As soon as they arrived at the water factory yesterday, he and Lao Yuan frantically filled the space with mineral water under the cover of Wen Jia and Ba Ping. They were busy at the time, and no one noticed what they were doing.

For the time being, there is still enough water.

Qin Chi pressed Zhang Zhi against the wall and kissed him for a while, his breathing became more and more rapid.

After all, the two haven't been together for a long time.

Zhang Zhi couldn't stand it anymore, he clutched the clothes on Qin Chi's back tightly, and panted, "Go...to the bathroom."

Qin Chi hugged his back, took him to the bathroom while kissing, and then locked the toilet door. .

The high temperature lasted for several months, and just a week after Qin Chi and others arrived at the base, the temperature finally cooled down. The fireball-like sun was hidden in layers of dark clouds, unable to spread the scorching sunlight onto the ground.

The weather was cool, and things like going out to collect supplies and building the fence had to be put on the agenda. From five in the morning to twelve in the night, I worked without a gap, but the rewards I got were pitiful.

On the playground, everyone gathered to express their grievances to the two leaders of the base.

"To be honest, the base was established by you, and we outsiders did not make irresponsible remarks, but at least let us drink clean water and eat clean food, this is all right?"

One of the leaders of the base, Zhuang Wen said with a sullen face, "I know that you are not happy, but the situation is special now, and the base is still under development. It is very difficult to establish it for a long time, which requires everyone's concerted efforts..."

Someone below scolded, "Help you Damn it! We worked hard every day to collect supplies, and all the good things we got were hidden and enjoyed by you people, but what about us? I'm worried about whether there have been corpses soaked in the water, and you even take a bath with mineral water, who the hell can stand it!"

"That is, you don't do anything all day, we are exhausted and thankless, and we talk about Joint development of the base? I think it's taking our lives to bring you happiness!"

"Fuck, this base is so shameless, don't treat them like cows and horses, let's go together and see what they find. Who is going to be a slave!"

After a while, the base had recruited thousands of people, all of whom would stand in the audience to rebel, and the opposition poured into the podium wave after wave like a wave.

Qin Chi's group stood together, neither objecting nor stopping, quietly watching how the situation would develop.

Zhao Fengnian took the photo and kept asking people around him if they had seen his wife and children. Qin Chi was also looking for Zhang Leyue, Wei Zhinan and others in the crowd, hoping that at this base, the old and new grudges could be settled together.

On the stage, Zhuang Wen didn't take the opposition from his followers to heart at all.

"Tell you some unfortunate news," Zhuang Wen's eyes swept across the faces of the people below, "Two weeks ago, unknown zombies appeared in Letan City. In order to prevent the zombies from escaping the city, the dignitaries have bombed Letan City. In Tanshi, in addition to the evacuation of hundreds of thousands of people in the marginal areas, two million people have died in the indiscriminate bombing."

As soon as these words came out, the playground, which was still buzzing, was instantly quiet.

Bombing... Letan City?

how is this possible?

After just ten seconds, the playground was boiling again, everyone's faces were full of disbelief and fear, and they were deeply surprised by the bombing of Letan City.

Lao Yuan tilted his head and said to Zhang Zhi, "It seems to be the day we left Letan City."

Zhang Zhi nodded.

Fortunately, they left early, otherwise...

But, what happened in Letan City, forcing the dignitaries to issue such an order? Is it because of those blood-red zombies?

In the end, what happened?

In a terrified discussion, Zhuang Wen's voice came out through the loudspeaker.

"The hundreds of thousands of people who survived are just like you. Other cities are unwilling to accommodate them. They either wander in the wilderness, have no food, and have no shelter. They are bitten to death by zombies if they are not careful, or they enter the new establishment. The base that got up, at least there is a place to shelter from the wind and rain, and get some food." The

bottom gradually became quiet, and they were listening to Zhuang Wen's speech.

Zhuang Wen was very satisfied with this effect and continued, "There are not many bases established today, but there may be as many as one million survivors from Luocheng, Kaesong, Letan, and several other disaster-stricken places. , Do you think that this million people can really be accommodated by all the bases?"

Compared with wandering outside, of course, the base is still stable. As Zhuang Wen said, even if all the people in this base leave, the next batch of survivors will continue to pour in, and the base will never lack people.

And those who leave the base, unless they wait for national rescue, they can only live in the major bases. When there are too many people, they may not really be able to enter.

More importantly, who can guarantee that the next base will be better than this one?

Seeing that everyone was silent, Zhuang Wen continued to say, "Don't worry, as long as you have made enough contributions to the base, you will have the opportunity to become consuls. There is no doubt that consuls are treated better than ordinary people. If you are not satisfied with the welfare of the base, then become a consul as soon as possible, stand out, and then you will receive several times more welfare benefits than ordinary people."

These words are very heartwarming, and under Zhuang Wen's persuasion, many originally returned Those who plan to make trouble are gradually calming down, and they can only hope that they will get ahead and become leaders soon, so that they will no longer have to drink corpse water and eat rotten rice.

Soothe the emotions of everyone in the base, it is about to dawn. Zhuang Wen clapped his palms, and the crackling sound echoed clearly on the playground through the loudspeaker.

"Okay, let's do whatever we need to do. Take advantage of the cool weather recently, build the base wall as soon as possible, zombies..."

The voice on the high platform drifted far away, and everyone didn't care to listen, lazily They are about to disperse, and then go out under the leadership of the consuls.

Suddenly, Lao Yuan saw a group of people surrounding him, and it seemed that something had happened.

Zhang Zhi saw Lao Yuan looking over there, and followed him, seeing that it was a seventeen- or eighteen-year-old boy who seemed to be unwell, squatting on the ground while holding his stomach. Someone next to him pulled his arm, "Are you alright? Are you anemic

? Would you like to sit next to him and take a rest?" Their team of consuls walked past the crowd, "What's the matter?"

The person in the team said, "Leader, this child is not feeling well, let him rest today."

"Rest? Do you want today's rations after rest?" The consul looked at the boy, grabbed his hair and lifted him up , opened his mouth and laughed, "Wu Yong, Wu Yong, why are you pretending to be sick again? Within ten days of coming to the base, you have been talking about discomfort for seven days? "The

boy still shook his head, his mouth wide open, just like a dog panting in the heat on a hot day, it was very difficult to breathe.

Seeing that he didn't speak, the consul only thought he was pretending on purpose, and immediately kicked him and scolded him, "You bastard, you still want to pretend to be sick for Laozi? It will affect Laozi's performance and see that Laozi will not be killed. You!" The

young man was not very comfortable, he would be kicked to the ground by the consul, and he would be kicked several times on his body, but he couldn't exert any strength. Seeing this, the people around didn't dare to step forward to stop him, they only hated the consul.

Just now, Zhuang Wen boasted that he should treat people equally, and only distribute materials according to work, but if it is true equality, why should consuls beat people without any scruples?

The young man was lying motionless on the ground, but the consul still kicked the person one by one. Even Lao Yuan couldn't stand it any longer.

Whose children are not raised by their parents? If it weren't for natural and man-made disasters, who's parents wouldn't spoil their children and couldn't bear the slightest bit of suffering for their children?

Looking at the child who was about the same age as Mu Zi, even Lao Yuan felt a little soft-hearted.

He walked over and was about to say something when Zhang Zhi suddenly pulled him back.

"Xiao Zhang?" It was the first time that Lao Yuan was pulled so hard by Zhang Zhi, and he was a little surprised for a while.

Zhang Zhi tugged at the corner of his clothes, preventing him from going any further, and pointed at the young man on the ground, "His face is wrong."

face?

Lao Yuan immediately looked over, and sure enough, the young man's face was blue and his eyes seemed too cloudy.

However, this boy shouldn't be hurt, right?

Every day people who come back from the outside are checked at the entrance of the base. Once anyone is injured, no matter how they are injured, they will be immediately pulled and isolated, and if there is a problem, they will be shot and killed. If this young man was injured, he would not be here.

Before Lao Yuan could do anything, the young man who was being kicked and beaten suddenly twitched all over his body, his hands and feet twisted together in a strange manner, his bones and joints rattled, and under the slightly transparent skin, there were sudden blue veins. The ground bulged, as if it were about to explode due to over-inflation in the next second.

This accident happened in just a few seconds. The boy's eyes widened and he took a few breaths, as if the suffocated person was looking for the last help. However, two seconds later, he was suddenly relieved, his eyes were blank, and then he stood upright in the air, and inserted both hands into the consul's neck without hesitation, which immediately ruptured the consul's carotid artery and spurted blood.