Chapter 123 Suspicion

These, Lao Yuan and Qin Chi both got their favors and asked quietly, for fear of being discovered and causing trouble.

After asking so many people, nothing seems to be abnormal. Qin Chi thought about it for a long time, and still planned to go to the registration room to ask.

That registrar seemed to be hiding something that day.

Later, Lao Yuan and Wen Jia brought some supplies to the cafeteria to support Qiao An, while Qin Chi and Mu Zi went to the registration room.

It was almost noon now, and the official requisitioners were already going to eat. Qin Chi took a backpack with some toilet paper and bread in it, and found the registrar.

The registrar still had an impression of him, and waved his hand impatiently as soon as they met, "Don't look for someone, I really don't have any relevant information. If you are so anxious, go to the base to find it yourself."

Qin Chi is not in a hurry . , put the backpack directly on the window, patted it and said straight to the point, "Since we have inquired about the news here, we have been being troubled by people, brother, I am not here to find fault, there are many in this backpack. Good things, toilet paper, toothpaste and toothbrushes, as well as cigarettes and bread, are you sure you don't want to talk to me?"

When the registrar heard that there were so many things, all his temper flew away.

Don't look at personal hygiene products such as toothpaste, which can no longer be common before the end of the world, but now, it is more expensive than rice. How many people want to ask for some toiletries is more difficult than going to the sky. There is also this toilet paper. It is inconvenient to even wipe your hands without paper towels. After using the toilet, you can only use a cloth to wipe it. After you have wiped it, you can wash it, just like returning to the ancient society.

Not to mention cigarettes, even if you don't smoke, it would be more appropriate to use them to exchange favors for the bosses of the base.

Looking at a backpack full of supplies, the registrar reached out and wanted to take it. Qin Chi took the backpack away first, and then looked at him with a smile.

When the registrar understood, he gritted his teeth and said, "Come in and talk."

Qin Chi and Mu Zi looked at each other and entered the registration room.

There are only three of them in the registration room, and some words are convenient.

"To tell you the truth, there is indeed such a person in the base."

Qin Chi asked, "How old is he and who is he?"

"I heard that he is about 30 years old, and he is one of the founders of the base." For those materials, the registrar, I didn't intend to hide it either.

Qin Chi frowned. Judging from his age, he should be Qiao An's husband, but why didn't the registrar tell Qiao An?

When Muzi asked this question, the registrar said innocently, "The identity of such a big person is basically a secret in the base, and the names of several founders are not allowed to be published, so except for those of us who are responsible for registering population information. , as well as some big bosses with equal identities, almost no one knows."

Seeing Qin Chi's puzzled look, the registrar explained, "When you asked me that day, I didn't dare to say my name directly, so after work I also went to ask my superiors, and the superiors reported to me again. I got an order in the morning, and no one is allowed to disclose the news."

Qin Chi immediately asked, "Then you have explained that the person who is looking for it is Qiao An?"

The registrar nodded, "Of course I have to say it, otherwise how can the above judge whether we should meet or not?"

Qin Chi was confused.

If that Lu Xingzhou was really Qiao An's husband, why didn't the registrar reveal the news without Qiao An?

He even said that the person who ordered Joan to stumble was also him?

But why did Lu Xingzhou treat Qiao An like this? Generally speaking, shouldn't they take the initiative to meet people after learning that Joan is looking for him?

Too many doubts made Qin Chi's head hurt, and he asked again after a while, "Brother, do you think Lu Xingzhou himself will give this order?" The

registrar shrugged, "I even have a few founders. I don't know what it looks like, how do I understand this? However, the news is passed on, and the person who can give orders must be a big man. As for who ordered it, I have no clue if you ask me."

Knowing so much, from The registrar didn't get any more news. Qin Chi gave the registrar the supplies in his backpack and took Muzi back with an empty bag.

Zhang Zhi still has to go to work, and grow greenhouse vegetables with other Betas in the cold weather. Qin Chi feels distressed when he thinks about it. He has to go to the logistics department to help Zhang Zhi, so that Zhang Zhi can get off work earlier. As a result, the others were driven away by the Self-Defense Forces before they reached the greenhouse, saying that non-requisition personnel were not allowed to approach, probably because they were worried that someone would steal things.

Later in the day, Lao Yuan and Wen Jia also came back, and the replies they got from Qiao An's team leader were similar to what Zhang Zhi heard. They all said that there was an order from above not to make Qiao An feel better.

The people on both sides integrated the information and came to a conclusion: someone is really trying to fix Qiao An because of her husband's relationship, and that person may even be Qiao An's husband himself.

Lao Yuan was smoking and worrying, "It doesn't make sense, an Alpha, why do you have to deal with an Omega like this, and this Omega has given birth to a son for him?"

Ba Ping, who watched the eight o'clock position for too long, immediately came out with blood in his mind. The plot, "I'm going, could it be that Xiao Qiao's husband fell in love with someone else and didn't want Xiao Qiao, that's why he made people stumbling?"

Mu Zi said in disgust, "You are too open-minded, brother, After all, that person is also the founder of the base, and it stands to reason that he has a high status and status, even if he really doesn't want Brother Qiao An, he won't use such a lowly method to bully Brother Qiao An, right?"

Ba Ping said to himself, "Yes, as a founder, you can't be so narrow-minded. How can you say that a person who has given birth to a son by himself can't be like this no matter how he changes his mind."

Ba Ping's voice just fell, Someone walked in, "What changed?"

Everyone hurriedly got up from the bed and saw Joan carrying the child into the room.

Lao Yuan immediately gave the others a wink and motioned to stop talking nonsense.

Before finding out the truth of the matter, Joan cannot be saddened in vain.

Mu Zi felt a little guilty, and jumped out of bed immediately, "Brother Qiao An, didn't you say that you didn't get off work until 7 o'clock in the afternoon, but came back so early today?"

Qiao An smiled and said, "Thanks to Lao Yuan and Brother Wen for helping me and the team leader. After delivering the supplies, the team leader told me to come back to rest and go back tomorrow."

After all, he hadn't had a good rest for a long time, and he just took advantage of the fact that everyone was here today, so he could eat something good and sleep peacefully for a night.

Later, Zhang Zhi also came back, and Lao Yuan asked Mu Zi to call the Xie Yuze brothers over, and while Ba Ping was stewing the old duck soup and braised pig trotters, everyone could eat together.

After all, they got to know each other for a while, and it was a good match.

At eight or nine o'clock in the evening, after everyone happily finished their meal, Xie Yuze called Zhang Zhi and said that he was going out for a walk, but in fact he had something to say.

Qin Chi was fine when he was idle, so he had to follow him and hang out with Zhang Zhi's hand.

When he reached the corner where no one was around, Xie Yuze whispered, "I asked the people who came to eat in the cafeteria today, and they said that there was a founder named Lu Xingzhou in the base, and Lu Jianhao and his father and son, they were almost a base. The people who have the biggest voice in the world are 100% Xiao Qiao's husband and father."

Qin Chi already knew about this, and when he told them about the news from the registrar, they both felt strange.

"Could it be true, as Ba Ping said, that the surnamed Lu is empathetic, and plans to clean up Xiao Qiao and let him retreat?" Xie Yuze asked.

Qin Chi shook his head, "I don't know, don't tell Xiao Qiao about this first. He almost regards his husband as his only support. If it is really his husband who is secretly doing a ghost, I don't know how sad he will be."

"Yes, let's do it again . Ask more." Zhang Zhi also agreed.

Xie Yuze added, "Also, my brother asked me to tell you that he heard in the Self-Defense Force that Lu Xingzhou often leads elite teams out to hunt zombies and collect supplies. If you want to find someone, you can pay attention to the team returning to the base. , maybe you can meet people." The

founders of the base usually live in the deepest part of the base, which is also the safest and most heavily guarded place, and ordinary people can't get close. If you want to meet Lu Xingzhou and understand the truth of the matter, you can only "meet by chance" on the road.

Qin Chi and Zhang Zhi both took note of this matter, and when they meet someone, they must ask Qiao An clearly.

In the next few days, Qiao Ann still worked night shifts from time to time, and the labor intensity was heavier than others, but because Zhang Zhi often "filial piety" to lead the team with some supplies, at least Qiao Ann was no longer scolded, and he could have enough to eat. Can take a nap under the cover of the leader.

But even so, Joan still lost a few pounds and looked weaker than before.

Zhang Zhi took a two-day break that day, went out with Qin Chi and others to collect supplies, and inquired about Lu Xingzhou by the way.

A few people swept through a large shopping mall dozens of kilometers away. This place has never been touched, because there are too many zombies. If Wen Jia and Ba Ping Gatling hadn't cleaned up most of the zombies, even they would have Can't break in easily.

Qin Chi and others hunted zombies in the front, while Zhang Zhi and Mu Zi dug up the heads of the zombies in the back to get the crystal nucleus. In order to prevent the mutant zombies from dying and hurting people thoroughly, Qin Chi would cut off the limbs of each mutant zombie, leaving only a tattered head.

There are a lot of mutant zombies in the shopping mall. After one day, he actually got a large pocket of crystal cores. Zhang Zhi roughly calculated, at least hundreds of them.

Returning to the off-road vehicle, Zhang Zhi said with a smile, "I've inquired about it, that kind of newly built villa requires 500 crystal cores, and it is estimated that not many people can afford it."

"We can afford it, we don't need it anyway . The crystal nucleus is the most suitable to exchange for materials." Mu Zi answered.

Qin Chi said, "It's not urgent. If Qiao An's husband wants to attack us, we won't be able to live in the Xizhao base for a long time."

Anyway, it's someone else's territory. No matter how many guns and bullets they have, they can't follow the whole The base is the enemy, isn't it?

If you change the villa but can't continue to live, won't it be a big loss?

The affairs of Qiao An's husband have always been on everyone's mind, and they can't make it clear to Qiao An. And Qiao Ann was being squeezed by the cafeteria recently. He couldn't see anyone except a few fixed partners, and couldn't find time to find her husband. He had been asking Zhang Zhi and them to help secretly inquire.

The crowd did not dare to tell the truth, so they only agreed and concealed it.