Chapter 74 The safe

The people who can stay are those who usually have a better relationship with Brother Leopard. After all, it is undoubtedly much safer to stay at the gas station than the trip to the city where life and death are uncertain.

The car set off again, Wei Zhinan drove the car cautiously, and the others were also watching the road section vigilantly, for fear that a zombie would suddenly appear out of nowhere.

The sun gradually rose high in the sky, and the scorching sun scorched the earth. There was no air conditioner in the car, and only a little cool breeze from the open window made a carload of people hot to death.

Now Qin Chi finally understands how luxurious and rare it is to have an air conditioner in such an abnormally high temperature day.

The walkie-talkie chirps twice, followed by Brother Leopard's voice.

"Attention all cars, arrive at Zhongshan Garden immediately, and grab your weapons."

The people in the car who were drowsy and were about to die from the heat immediately cheered up. Qin Chi also hid his gun and clenched his axe. Open the door and get out of the car.

Brother Hu and Brother Leopard also came over in front, nodded to Qin Chi and said, "Just a few of us can go in, the others are waiting outside."

Lao Yuan raised his eyebrows and glanced at Brother Hu meaningfully.

Brother Hu turned a blind eye, called Brother Leopard together, and went directly to the pawnshop. Although the three of Qin Chi were puzzled, they could only keep up.

Zhongshan Garden is an ancient shop. Compared with pawn items, it is more of a cultural heritage and symbol. It is said that there were subsidies from the state before, so that it can survive as a scenic spot in the Ginkgo area.

Bumping open the door of Zhongshan Garden, Brother Hu took out a submachine gun and said to Qin Chi, "Do you have this too?"

Qin Chi didn't hide it, but took out the gun from behind and raised it.

Lao Yuan, who was behind the two, realized that it was no wonder why he said that people like Brother Hu didn't bring his younger brother in to clear the way. It turned out that they all had guns, and they didn't need the younger brothers to come in and get in the way.

More importantly, Brother Hu doesn't seem to want others to know about the existence of the safe.

Several people entered Zhongshan Garden together, and a zombie covered in blood rushed towards him. Brother Hu shot his head without changing his face, and continued to walk inside along the narrow aisle.

The area of ​​the pawnshop is not very large, and you can quickly find the location of the safe. At the same time, because there are few employees in the store and there are not many zombies, as long as you kill three or two, the pawnshop becomes very safe.

Qin Chi rummaged through the container, and when he opened the drawers, the gold and silver jewelry fell all over the place and was not in the mood to pick them up.

Brother Hu and Brother Leopard on the other side were also looking for things indiscriminately, but after a long time of searching, they could not find Grandpa Zhang's safe.

Half an hour later, Brother Hu became a little impatient, and asked Qin Chi in a deep voice, "Are you sure the safe is in this pawnshop?"

"Didn't I show you the text on the golden key that night?" Qin Chi He is much calmer than Brother Hu. In the end, even if he really can't find the golden key, he doesn't mind. Anyway, his main purpose is to use Brother Hu's power to collect supplies in the Ginkgo area.

Brother Hu gradually became restless, not as leisurely as Qin Chi.

Safe 26?

He looked at the messy safe all over the floor, but he didn't see a single number 26.

"Damn it!" If he can't get the safe, he will kill Qin Chi's group!

Aware of the anger coming from Brother Hu, Qin Chi, Lao Yuan and Wen Jia looked at each other. All three of them knew to be careful of Brother Hu and beware of putting bullets in his back.

At this moment, Brother Leopard opened a wooden door and glanced inside, "There is still a small room here."

Several people walked over together, and sure enough, there was an undiscovered room.

This should be the bedroom, there is only one single bed and a few wooden cabinets in the house.

Brother Leopard walked in first, and after looking around for a

few times, he said, "The safe shouldn't be put in such a place, right?" Qin Chi walked to one of the cabinets, chopped off the iron lock with an axe, and opened the cabinet. .

"Empty."

This room is rather dilapidated and has no security measures. It doesn't look like a place to store valuables.

The room was damp and dark, and a musty smell was very pungent. Brother Leopard pinched his nose and walked to a cabinet, took out a machete to pick the lock.

Brother Hu walked over to Qin Chi and asked irritably, "Are you really sure there is a safe here?"

Qin Chi thought to himself, how can he guarantee it? But if the truth is told, the restless Brother Tiger might really feed him a gun.

"I..."

"Be careful!" As soon as

Qin Chi was about to speak, he heard Wen Jia shout at the door, followed by a shrill scream from Brother Leopard.

"Ah ah-"

Several people hurriedly turned around, but saw a zombie drilled out of another unlocked cabinet opened by Brother Leopard, biting Brother Leopard's neck.

The zombie probably hid in the cabinet after being bitten. It thought it would be safe there, but it was still infected. Brother Leopard thought that there was nothing dangerous in the cabinet, so he relaxed his vigilance and was suddenly rushed out. The zombie bites right.

Brother Leopard's neck was gushing with blood, and he grabbed the zombie's neck with both hands and tried desperately to push the zombie away, but due to excessive blood loss and extreme fear, he was unable to do so, he could only widen his eyes in horror and shout in despair, " Brother Hu, help me, help me!"

Brother Hu remained motionless, watching with a cold eye, Lao Yuan calmly pulled the bolt and loaded it, fired a few bullets in a row to blast the zombie's head, and Brother Leopard pushed the zombie back into the cabinet. inside.

A big living person was bitten right in front of him, Qin Chi and Wen Jia both looked regretful, Lao Yuan took back the gun and stood there, not going to Brother Leopard, who was covered in blood.

Brother Leopard clutched his neck in fear, and his fingertips could feel the rolling rotten flesh and the arteries that were about to stop beating.

It's over, being bitten by zombies like this, the infection rate is 100%.

Seeing Brother Hu aim the muzzle at him expressionlessly, Brother Leopard was frightened, and his eyes that began to whiten quickly turned in their sockets, as if they were about to fall out in the next second.

"Hu... Hu..."

Brother Leopard opened his mouth to beg for mercy, but he could only make a heavy breathing sound.

In the pleading eyes of his former companions, Brother Hu pulled the trigger without hesitation, and a few bullets sent Brother Leopard to the sky.

Brother Leopard fell to the ground, unable to close his eyes until he died.

Afterwards, Brother Hu made a "cut" sound, blew the smoking muzzle, and walked out of the small house.

The rest of Qin Chi and the three looked at Brother Leopard's corpse, and then at Brother Hu who was leaving, with a slightly complicated mood.

Although shooting an infected companion is the only option, it is no longer a matter of psychological quality to be able to start with such no psychological burden, and it will be like nothing afterward.

Brother Hu, does he really have no compassion at all?

Qin Chi stepped over Brother Leopard's body, walked to the cabinet, and checked the zombie.

The zombie was already very old, at least seventy or eighty years old. There is another box nestled in the cabinet like it, and from the appearance, it is likely to be the safe they are looking for.

Qin Chi took out the box and glanced at the number, 26.

After a little thought, Qin Chi suddenly understood the identity of the old man in the cabinet.

He should be Grandpa Zhang's friend. When the crisis came, he still didn't forget the old friend's safe. Even if he was bitten, he would take the old friend's box and hide it in a place he thought he was safe.

Qin Chi lowered his body, helped the old zombie with his withered hair, wiped the blood on his face, closed his eyes, and sat in the cabinet with a straight posture, like an old monk entering meditation.

Thank you.

After Qin Chi went out with the safe, Brother Hu, who was so irritable that he wanted to curse, turned his eyes to the things in his hand, and immediately suppressed his anger, and the smile returned to his face.

"Brother Qin, which one is in your hand?"

Qin Chi patted the safe's casing, "That's right." Brother Hu was

overjoyed, took three or two steps, and snatched the box without any explanation.

The box is very heavy, and there must be a lot of treasures in it.

Seeing Brother Hu immediately taking the box as his own, Qin Chi said with a smile, "Brother Hu, this kind of box is old-fashioned and must be opened with a key. If the key is forcibly broken from the outside, the aqua regia inside will be destroyed. It flows out and corrodes the stored things."

Brother Hu looked at the box over and over, and when he heard the words, he reached out to him, "Where's the key?"

Qin Chi touched his nose and pretended to smile, "I was afraid of losing it, so I put it at home. "

Brother Hu's smile froze, and his eyes were full of raging flames.

Qin Chi smiled calmly and walked outside with Lao Yuan and Wen Jia.

As long as the key is still in their hands, Brother Hu will have to weigh the consequences of his attack on them along the way.

As for Brother Hu's sense of them, that's not in their consideration at all.

After leaving the Zhongshan Garden, several people returned to the car, each got on the Land Rover and went deep into the city to collect supplies.

The person in the car didn't see Brother Leopard coming out and asked Qin Chi, "What about Brother Leopard?"

Qin Chi pointed to Zhongshan Garden, "Stay inside."

As for why he stayed inside, this question does not need to be explained at all. .

The people in the car also reacted quickly, with different expressions.

The car continued to drive forward, and the atmosphere was very depressed.

Not long after, a man looked at the bank outside the window, "Why didn't Brother Hu go to the bank today?"

Another man replied, "Fuck, you're blind, the door is broken, can there still be stock?"

Qin Chi also followed . Looking at the past, combined with the words of the two, I thought that in the past few days, Brother Hu had already scoured the nearby banks, and then he came up with the idea of ​​​​the safe. The funny thing is that the world is in chaos, and the bank was the first to be robbed. Even a shrewd person like Brother Hu would not miss the opportunity to rob gold.

But Qin Chi thought about it too. If he hadn't been reborn, he would probably have been interested in hard currency like Brother Hu and the others. As for general merchandise food, he could collect as much as he could. He always thought that the chaos would end soon.

It can be seen how lucky it is to have complete information.

At this moment, at home, Mu Zi went back after exercising, took a towel after taking a shower, and walked to Zhang Zhi's side while wiping off the water droplets.

"Brother Zhi, what are you looking at?"

Zhang Zhi's eyes were locked on the computer screen, he looked at the netizens' posts suspiciously, and pointed to a picture, "Muzi, you have good eyes, come and see if this is the place. There's something red?"

Mu Zi leaned closer to the screen and rubbed his eyes, "Yes, yes."

It was a rubble. I don't know whose house was attacked while cooking. It was suspected that the explosion of the pressure cooker caused the kitchen to catch fire. The entire community was detonated, and because no firefighters arrived at a special time, the area was burnt down.