Be Strong

This is so awkward...

I thought while looking at the window and pinching the left side of my forehead because I am riding with the most RELENTLESS b@!#h in school. Why am I making a big deal out of this? Simple, ever since I stepped into high school, Victoria and I are at odds. We've been constantly at our throats because she's jealous of me. After all, I'm "beautiful" than her. Like girl, I'm not out to hurt you, I did nothing wrong. We've competed in tracks during gym every day, and me being the best runner, I always outsmart her. Though I have to admit, I did lose to her four times, but I wasn't pissed. The only thing that matters is that I put in so much effort.

However, as years have passed, our rivalry has died down a bit and she has been calmer than before, so I didn't mind and thank god for that therapy that she was sent to take after the whole *cough* *cough* after school gym brawl we had back in three years ago. I was a freshman when that happened and it was a nasty fight. Can't believe she cut off my long hair. Dumb bitch.

But now I still feel awkward around her and we barely even looked eye to eye. However...

"Don't do that again." She reminded.

"Since when did you care?" I asked skeptically as I heard her sigh.

"Look, we may not have the best relationship so far, but just once I'm trying to help you. Besides your knees are bruised up and your scooter has a dent." She stated. I didn't say much as I only nodded at her statement.

"So...where were you going?" I asked.

"I was going to my grandma's until I saw you lying on the street. You know it's dangerous to be sitting on the road, what if a car or a truck runs you over?" She asked.

"And how am I supposed to move if my knees are hurting?" I barked back.

"Good point. So what were you doing out in the middle of the road?" She asked curiously. I grimaced when she asked that because I was so caught with the emotions that I had with Marc and that girl to the point where I didn't see where I was going. However, Victoria wasn't that dumb and sighed.

"You don't have to force yourself to tell me, I don't mind. I'm not doing this just to be your friend, I'm just only asking." She assured me as I sighed.

"I was going to Marc's house to return the book that he let me borrow, but I changed my mind, and....we're not dating anymore." I sadly told her feeling very awkward and hurt for telling this to my rival. This caught her attention and pulled her sunglasses down to look at me.

"For real?"

"Mhm."

"Oh...sorry that you have to go through that." She apologized but I shook my head and smiled a bit.

"No, it's fine....actually no, I'm not fine. I...I don't want to see him again after what he did just now...." I soon feel the verge of bawling my eyes out as I cover my eyes with my left hand while looking back at what happened at his house. Suddenly, I felt someone creeping up to my right hand and I glance around to see Victoria holding my hand?! Holy cow, that took me by surprise. I wonder what's going on in her mind right now?

As I stare at Victoria waiting for a response or some kind of typical arrogant attitude coming her, but boy I was completely wrong when she said this.

"Don't push yourself if you feel uncomfortable telling me. I don't mind if you cry in front of me or you could rant about some whatever bullish*t you're having. I'm all ears. Though I would recommend telling your parents about what between you and Marc, including your two dorky friends" She reassured while focusing on the road. Blunt yet sweet of her, but that's just Victoria.

I was kinda bewildered when she said some nice things to me. It left me in complete shock as I slowly regain myself and grinned warmly at her. Guess people in our school aren't wrong when she said she's changed.

"Thanks," I replied.

"No problem." Victoria smiled genuinely as we all took a peaceful trip to my house, it took me six minutes to rest my mind until I'm ready to tell her. I told her everything about what happened in Marc's house and how I was broken after seeing him with another girl.

"So that's why you're lying on the road."

"Yeah..."

"Damn, well I don't blame you. Heartbreak is a bitch, but in the end, you learned." She lectured before letting out a giggle.

"Besides, that guy deserves to have a book thrown at his face." She remarks and I nod at her while letting out a soft chuckle.

"True," I replied while staring down feeling like sh#t at this point, but Victoria patted my right shoulder with a small grin.

"Be strong Glory, you'll pull through eventually." She reassured and I nod and smiled at her.

"Thanks, Vic," I replied with a warm smile.

Soon we pulled over to my place where Victoria parked next to my house. As soon as I got off of the car, I dragged my scooter from the backseat of her Lexus. Afterward, I turned to Victoria with a grin.

"Thanks for driving me home Vic." I thanked her.

"Not a problem, also don't tell your friends about this. I wouldn't want my friends to think I'm getting soft with a rival of mine." She said. I shrugged and side grinned.

"Hey you do you and I'll do me, you have my word. Oh and Vic." I called her out and Victoria turns around to face me with a curious look.

"Yeah?" She asks curiously.

"...Thanks for the chat." I thanked and she shrugged casually.

"Yeah whatever, see you tomorrow and make sure you brought your sneakers with you cuz I'm gonna beat you this time." She joked.

"Heh, you wish." I chuckled and she snickered as well.

"Later." She said as put her sunglasses on and drove away from my house until she's gone. Afterward, I let out a sigh and tugged my hair. However, I soon heard my phone vibrate from my backpack. I grabbed my phone and I look to see a text from my now-ex-boyfriend, Marc.

I'm sorry for what I did, I was so dumb!
Please text me back.
Love, Marc❤️

I stared at it with mixed feelings of sadness and anger.

Is he serious or is he playing with me?

I thought as I look unsure if he's being sincere or not because his infidelity did sting me right in the chest. I can't forgive him. I couldn't trust him anymore. This is going to be tough for me, but...it was for the best.

As I scrolled down to his number, I pressed the block button ending our four-year relationship. Once I blocked him, I took a deep breath and put my phone away in my backpack.

Well time to say hi to mom and dad.

I thought to myself as I drag my scooter into the garage. Afterward, I marched to the door and open the door with my keys to greet my parents.