Episode 4-3: Holiday Farewell

"Hey hey! No standing in the middle of the road, move move!" Ruggie shouts as he runs while carrying a bunch of suitcases.

"Ruggie hi!" Glory chirps happy to see the little hyena.

"Sup kitten." He cheerily beams.

"Bucchi...Why do you have so much!? You've got a backpack and three duffle bags..." Deuce utters with widened eyes.

"Plus a giant cooler." Glory finishes his sentence.

"You mean all this? Shishishi. I got all the food that was about to expire from the cafeteria and school store. Right before long breaks like this I can get it all for free." Ruggie cheers with his ears perk up.

"What? There's no way you can go through all that." Ace states in disbelief.

"What're you talking about? Once I get home and pass this out to all the neighborhood street rats, it'll be gone in no time." He explains and Glory smiles softly at him.

"It's really sweet of you, Ruggie." Glory compliments and he grins back.

"Thanks. I've gotta make sure my grandma can eat her fill over the holidays. Oops, the frozen stuff's gonna melt. See y'all next year!" Ruggie chirps.

"Oh wait, Ruggie." Glory halts.

"Hm?" As soon as the small hyena spun around with a puzzled look, Glory pulls out small tan colored present with hyena prints wrapped around with a white ribbon from her backpack and give it to Ruggie.

***Ruggie's gift^***

"This is for you, Ruggie. Don't open it until Christmas." She reminds him. Ruggie blinks his eyes when she pulls out a present for him. He never had someone giving him a gift before due to his poor background, but this is quite new to him. Touched by her generous gift, Ruggie smiles warmly and grabs the gift with his tail wagging as he glance up at Glory.

"Thanks Kitten! I'll definitely keep this for sure!" He chirps with a big grin and Glory giggles with a smile while Deuce and Ace felt a sting in their chests when seeing Ruggie and Glory exchanging smiles to one another.

"You're welcome! Be safe out there and I'll send my prayers to you and your family!" Glory chirps shocking the hyena deeply when she shows care for him as he blushes a bit, but grins nevertheless.

"Thanks! Have fun with Raps and the others! See you!" Ruggie cheers.

And off he goes as he scampers to the mirror with belongings leaving Glory, Grim, Deuce, and Ace behind.

"There he goes...I wonder what he meant by "neighborhood street rats"?..." Deuce mutters and Glory grins softly at him.

"Everyone has hardships that they endured, but I don't blame him. Nobody likes being poor and it's very sweet of him to do this for his family." Glory stated.