Episode 2-20: Common Sense

Meanwhile at the infirmary, Merlin was watching this whole scene unfold in front of him from his crystal ball where Glory and her friends are fighting Jack Howl from Savanaclaw.

"My my Sundrop, what have you gotten yourself into?" Merlin mutters while shaking his head as he takes a sip of his oolong tea.

" *sighs* Aah well. Let's see how this turns out." Merlin sighs as he kept his eyes glued to his crystal ball while holding on to his tea.

"Welp at least she figures who the culprit is, well done my child." He praises, but soon became puzzled for a minute.

But still, I can't ignore the back of my head...how did Sundrop know who the real culprit is? Mmm....

Merlin thought while pondering curiously but soon his thoughts cut off when he heard a loud scream from his ball. Merlin sighs.

"Guess that'll have to wait, I gotta look out for my student and her comrades." Merlin says as he goes back to his crystal ball watching the fight between Glory, her friends, and Jack.
—————————

Meanwhile at the courtyard, Team Glory is facing off Jack. However Grim and Ace weren't doing so good since they were knocked out so easily. Then Jack throws the first punch at Deuce while the bluenette does the same. As both men throw their fists each other clashing to theirs, they backed away and pant.

"Y-You definitely know what you're doing with your punches..." Jack panted.

"You too...Huff, you're pretty good..." Deuce pants.

"Raaaaaaah!"

Soon Glory runs behind him and Jack notices and quickly blocks her punch. Jack then throws another punch, but Glory dodges his punch by leaning to the right. Then she did a quick jab at the chin.

"Ack!" He winces and holds his chin as before throwing another punch again, but this time throws a right hook across the face. After that, she throws a counter punch where Glory makes a left jab to his chest, throwing a right straight punch to the head, and finally, performs a bolo punch across the face again, but Jack was quick to block the final attack. While the two pant heavily from punching, Jack takes a step back while panting before cracking a impressive smile.

"You got some interesting moves you got." He compliments making her grin.

"I've been picked on by other kids back in elementary but I was able get back up again thanks to parents; especially my dad, who taught me how to box and stand up for myself. Plus, I've been doing combat training and jogging every morning." Glory explains.

"You seem to be an independent and confident woman, I respect that." Jack praises making her giggle.

"Thanks, you did pretty good at blocking my bolo punch." Glory points out.

"Heh a man always have to keep his feet up." Jack remarks.

"Your punch hit me right in the heart..." Grim pants.

"Huuugh, Huff...haven't you all gotten just a little too caught up in this? I don't care about being picked...I'm done..." Ace groans.

"Then how about we take break from this combat battle?" Glory suggests.

"...Alright. My conscience is clear. I'll tell you everything." Jack informs.

"How clear is your conscience exactly?" Ace ask.

"I'm crossing the line here. I'm about to betray my dorm. But I can't put up with this anymore!!" He bellows.

"A fight is about testing how far you can go by challenging tough opponents. I've put myself through the wringer to see how far I can go in this tournament. Cowardly tricks makes me nauseous! There's no meaning in victory like that!" He rants stunning Glory.