Prologue 3: Cold Answer

"Off with your head!" The redhead chanted as a neck collar appeared on Grim's neck making me winced at the sight of it.

Oof that's gotta be painful.

I thought and it's no doubt this guy's the spirit of the Queen of Hearts.

"Gyahh?! What is this thing?!" Grim shouted.

"Rule number 23 of the Queen of Hearts: "You mustn't bring cats to ceremonies. Since you are a cat, you are violating the rule. Leave this place immediately." He demanded.

"I'm not a cat!! I'll burn this collar right now and...wait, Huh? My flames aren't working!" He shrilled making the redhead smirked.

"You can't cast any magic with that collar on. Now you're just an ordinary cat." He informed.

"Wh-What?! I'm not a pet!" The raccoon cat creature retaliated.

"Nobody would want a pet like you here anyway. However, when you leave the school, I'll remove it." The redhead named Riddle reminds him.

"Oh my...this is amazing. Riddle's unique skill can also seal any other kind of magic. I want that power...I mean, I would never want it to be cast on me." The silver-blue-haired mage named Azul admitted.

I'm sorry what?

I thought looking in disbelief.

"Do something! That is your familiar, right?! Take your responsibility-"

"Oh for the love of god! How many times do I have to tell you?! He's not my familiar!!" I shouted at him when he misinterpreted things for the last time. Afterward, Crowley became stunned.

"What? Is it not yours?" He asked looking surprised.

"I tried to tell you that many times, but you didn't give me a chance to speak!" I retaliated with an irritable expression.

Jeez, what is wrong with these people?!

I pondered while pinching my forehead getting exasperated at the moment.

"...You did? Really?" He asked curiously as I took a deep breath to calm myself down and nodded.

"Yes, I did Mr. Crowley. That creature is not my familiar." I reassured.

"Oh...well, Ahem! Anyway, let's throw it out of this school now. I'm not even going to turn you into a stew. Since I am very kind, after all!" He chirped and I sweat dropped when he says the last part.

"Who would like to do the honors?" He asked curiously.

"Gyah! Let me go! I'm going to...I'm going to...! I'm going to become the greatest magician!" He proclaimed once last time before being dragged out of the ceremony.

Even though he's a jerk, I can't help but feel bad for him.

I thought while sending my sympathy towards him.

"Well, despite some unexpected trouble, the opening ceremony has come to an end. Dorm leaders, please take your new students back to the dor- Hmm? I haven't seen Diasomnia's dorm leaders yet, Draconia?..."

Eh? Draconia?

I thought curiously on who this Draconia guy is.

"Isn't that normal for that guy to not being here?" The scarred man asked.

"What? Don't tell me that nobody told him about the ceremony?" The guy in the turban asked.

"Well, you could have told him yourself, you know." The blonde beauty prompted.

"Hmm...but...I'm not really close with that guy." The turban mumbled.

"Draconia...? Don't tell me, they mean Malleus Draconia?" Student A asked fearfully.

"Is he seriously attending this school?!" Student B asked in disbelief.

"He's scary." Student C trembled.

Jeez whoever this Malleus guy is, he sure has a reputation.

I thought while thinking about this Malleus guy.

"Oh...so it's true." Soon I turned to see a guy with short black hair with pink streaks.

"I came here thinking Malleus might show up, but he hasn't come. It seems he hasn't been informed about the ceremony again." He informed.

Again?! Wait-. Doesn't this remind me of Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty on some sort?

I thought while thinking about how Malleus and Maleficent are similar for some reason.

"Ah, I'm very sorry. We didn't mean to exclude him." Azul apologized, but I don't even know if he's being sincere or not...

"He just got an unapproachable aura around him," Riddle informed.

"Well, doesn't matter. Diasomnia students, follow me...I only hope he's not in a bad mood..." He ordered as he spun to glance at me before giving me a wink as he turns away and walks out of the room with the new students following him. Soon the tablet floated in front of me where I heard what sounded like a camera shutter, and it left too. Then here comes the dorm leaders.

The blonde beauty smiled and nodded his head at me.

The white-haired dorm leader with a turban grinned and saluted me.

Azul tilted his glasses in my direction and winked fast.

The man with a scar on his left eye grinned smugly before turning and leaving.

And Riddle left with a curtly "good day!"

One by one, the students and the leaders all left the room until it was just me and Crowley.

"Now then, Gloriane. I'm very sorry, but...I must ask you to leave the academy. We can't enroll a student who has magic powers that is hidden." He told me.

"That's alright, it's fun while it lasted though." I stated despite feeling disappointed but he patted my shoulder with a smile.

"Don't worry, the mirror of darkness will send you back home." He reassured as I nod and smile back. Then Crowley turns to the mirror and starts chanting.

"Come, enter the door. Picture your home very clearly in your mind..." He chanted as I closed my eyes and hold my hands together trying to picture my parents with my beautiful home filled with multiple flowers and a garden. Along with my two awesome best friends, Harriet and Zara.

Mom...dad...Harriet...Zara...I'm coming home....

"Now, Mirror of Darkness! Guide this one back where they became from!" He chanted, but the mirror does nothing.

"*coughs* One more time. Mirror of Darkness! Guide thi-"

"Nowhere..."

"What?!" We both gasped.

"The place where this one belongs, is nowhere in this world. There is nothing." The mirror stated as it disappears from sight.

"What? That's impossible! It seems that today is a true festival for miracles." He stated as he turns to me.

"It never happened something like this since I became headmaster. I don't know what to do...Where are you from?" He asked curiously.

"Well..."

I told him about the human world as well as my hometown in Belle Haven from every single detail as possible.

"I have never heard of that place. I know the homelands of all my students, who come from all over the world, but I've never heard of yours. Let's investigate in the library." He suggested as I nodded.

"That would be great, thanks." I replied as we both left the room and head straight to the library to look for answers.