Prologue 8: Mother Knows Best

"Mmm...Huh?"

I slowly rise to find myself dreaming about the same tower again and who do I see in my third dream? Yup, mother Gothel herself. As I saw her and Rapunzel, Gothel approaches the window while staring at the poor trapped princess.

"You want to you outside? Oh, why Rapunzel..." She then shuts the window and skips to Rapunzel with a fake smile and twirls her around.

"Look at you, as fragile as a flower
Still a sapling, just a sprout
You know why we stay up in this tower~"

"I know bu-"

"That's right, to keep you safe and sound, dear." She reassured me while caressing her long blonde hair next to her face as I stood there glaring at the manipulative witch. I watched her strutted through the halls to the colored window.

"Guess I always knew this day was coming." She said as she closed the curtains.

"Knew that soon you'd want to leave the nest." She sang as she climbs up the stairs.

"Soon but not yet."

"But-"

"Shh, trust me, pet
Mother...knows...best." She sang making my blood boiled.

"Seriously? She just called her pet? What "mother" would say that to their "child"?" I muttered as I glare at the selfish and vain hag where she swung her hips as everything went dark in the room. Then I saw Rapunzel lighting up the room with candles while Gothel was singing.

"Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there~"

"Aah!" Rapunzel yelped when Gothel scared her in the dark. Soon Rapunzel turned around when she felt something grabbing her hair. Then she fell, but Gothel grabbed her on time while singing.

"Mother knows best
One way or another
Something will go wrong, I swear~"

She sang as Gothel dropped Rapunzel to the ground, Gothel then starts scaring the poor blonde princess with outlandish props.

"Ruffians, thugs
Poison ivy, quicksand
Cannibals and snakes, the plague~"

"No!" Me and Rapunzel shouted.

"Yes!" Gothel reassured with an amount of glee.

"Also large bugs."

Seriously?

I thought while staring at her with a blank look just how ridiculous she's being.

"Men with pointy teeth and stop, no more, you'll just upset me." She cried looking distressed, but I can tell she's faking it since she's being a manipulative witch at this point. As I watched Rapunzel hide with her long hair, Gothel pulled her back up to her feet while sang that godawful song.

"Mother's right here
Mother will protect you
Darling, here's what I suggest..."

Soon she disappears and we both turned to see Gothel stepping downstairs with candles lighting up as she sings.

"Skip the drama
Stay with mama
Mother knows best."

She then chuckled as she pulled out the candles with her black cloak. While Rapunzel lights the candles with a match, Gothel flicks the flame from the candles as she sings and emotionally abusing Rapunzel.

"Mother knows best
Take it from your mumsy
On your own, you won't survive~"

She coldly sang where I watched poor Rapunzel trembling in fear as she turns to the mirror before Gothel peers behind the mirror.