Chapter 7

****Follow me guys and vote for chapter***

Here goes my first day. 

I kept looking at the security guard in disbelief. I certainly remember he told me to report in front of his office at a sharp six-thirty. I looked at my wristwatch and It was showing six-thirty-five now. 

I can't go back now, it will be only a waste of time. I should go and wait in front of his office as he asks for me. From today onwards I don't want any problems with him. Even if we had clashed in the past I don't want it to affect my future here and on top of that, he is my employer from today onwards. And disputes with him will only let into making my job hard. I can't let my ego ruin my main goal. I need to stay as low as possible. I don't want to get anyone's attention and especially not his. I took a deep breath and smiled at the guard. 

"Can you open the gate?" I requested him in my polite voice. I should go and wait in front of his office before he comes and makes a fuss about it. 

"Sorry I can't let you in without any proper identification. I have never seen you here before" he refused my request without thinking twice. 

"But I was here yesterday and I even won the competition and now I'm a new intern joining Mr. Villin's team" I explained to him in the same voice. 

"I work at night shift so I didn't see you. Even if you won the competition I can't let you in without any id related to Villin's employment. Mr. Xanthus especially ordered us yesterday not to let anyone inside without any id. You have to wait until the restaurant gets open then only I can let you in" he said in his firm voice making me look at him in disbelief. 

So he orders him to not let anyone inside even after he told me to report him at sharp six-thirty at his office even after knowing I don't have any id related to the Villin's. That's when it clicked to me. He was purposely doing it to make things hard for me on my very first day. This realization made my temper rise. Sage breath in and out don't let your temper have control over you. I gave a tight smile to the guard. 

"Can you check with him? I speak the truth, he asked me yesterday to report in front of his office at six-thirty. Why would I come so early if he didn't ask me to?" I asked in my polite voice. He must have to forget to inform him. I was trying to put this assumption in my mind even after I knew he purposely told him not to let me in. 

"Just because you asked me I can't disturb him in the morning, it will cost me my job if you are a fraud. Sorry, I can't take the risk I have a family to feed" he denied my requisite in his firm voice making me breathe out in defeat. I can't force him, he is right, what if that grey eye monster decides to take my anger on him for disturbing his beautiful sleep. I can't put him in trouble. I know the struggle to feed a family. 

"I understand it. I will wait," I said, giving him a small smile. He nodded at me and went back to his position. I went and stood near the wall at the end of the gate waiting patiently for him to open the gates. I looked at my watch. Still two and a half hours we're left for the restaurant to get open. 

I decided to spend my time looking around the place so I get familiar with the area. New York was still a new place for me as I have not been anywhere except the Mall Sophia took me to. Holding my backpack on my shoulder I moved my legs to explore. This place was surrounded by so many tall buildings the Villin's itself was three stories five-star restaurant with different specialties on each floor. It was one of a kind. If I want to make Kings this big then I will need my vitality to hit me with a fortune. I need to work hard to make that day come true. I sighed and continued my exploration. 

I found there were lots of cafeterias and office buildings here as it was a very busy area and center of attraction for tourists. A sweet aroma of coffee took me to a small cafe at the end of the alley. I opened the door of the cafe and the aroma of coffee became strong. A bell rang as I opened the door wide to go in. The cafe was small from the outside compared to other cafes but cozy inside. Listening to a bell woman in her late forties or her early fifties came to take my order with a big welcoming smile on her face.