Chapter 69

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Tiny, what's this?" 

I don't know why but I was feeling a little nervous. I blinked, still not saying anything. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. He just asked me what it was. But anyone would know that red circles on ads are jobs that I'm interested in. Maybe he doesn't know about it because he never searched for jobs before. I was exaggerating it. I just need to tell him I'm searching for a new job as simple as that. I was about to answer him when someone rang the bell. 

"I will see," I said immediately before he could. I walked towards the door while breathing out in momentary relief. I opened the door to find Logan standing there with a nervous look on his face. 

"Logan what are you doing here," I asked with raised eyes. I was a bit surprised to find him here at this time. He was still in his work clothes. It means he came directly from work. 

"Hey! I'm sorry it's not the right time. I should go," he said while biting on his lower lip in nervousness. 

"No--no come in," I said before he turned around to walk away. 

"No I should go, the head chef will be mad at me if I come in" he tried to deny it but I grabbed his hand before he could walk away. 

"He won't. I promise" I said, encouraging him to walk in. He walked in after thinking for a few seconds. 

"Who is at the door?" I heard the head chef asking me from the living room. 

"It's Logan" I replied while walking in. I was still holding his wrist. I only let it go when we were in the living room. 

"Logan what brings you here," the head chef asked once he sat on the couch. He didn't say anything, just smiled nervously at him. I brought a glass of water for him from the kitchen. I sat beside the head chef and we both watched him drinking the glass full of water in one go. 

"What the matter," I asked him once he kept the glass on the coffee table. 

"I'm sorry to disturb you so late head chef," he said sheepishly. 

"Logan, come to the point," the head chef said in return, shooting his intimidating grey eyes in his direction. He glued nervously. I put my hand on the head chef's tights, making him look away from him. 

"Logan, don't be nervous and just tell us what is troubling you," I said softly urging him. He looked troubled. 

"What if Sophia says no," he said in one breath while looking at me with fear-filled eyes. His fingers fidgeted in anxiousness. I know he was scared to lose her again. Sophia had made him work so hard before being his girlfriend again and he didn't want to lose her. 

"You know I love her. I don't want her to think I'm forcing her into this. You know how she is. If she finds something is trying to stress her out, she will run away at the very first chance she gets" he said in the same anxious voice while looking at me. 

"Head chef, tell me if it is too early for me to do it. Did you feel the same while marrying Sage," he asked while rubbing his whole face with his palm. The head chef went stiff for a few seconds. our marriage was not out of love but hate and revenge. I put my hand on his. Even though he likes me, he is not good at expressing his emotions. I  just let him talk. I let all his questions get out of his system because if he kept them in his mind without asking them to anyone they would only make him stress out even more. It's better to let them go.