Chapter 3

****Follow me and vote comment on chapter****

I was smiling today but I don't know what tomorrow is holding for me under her sleeves. 

I moved in today itself with Sophia's help as Eric was fine with me moving in today itself. I looked at the cold white wall of my new room. It will feel like home if I put my stuff. There was not much furniture but a queen-size bed and a small closet to keep all my belongings and a small desk in the corner in front of a window. The bathroom was common for both rooms. The room here was a little bit small as compared to my room at my house. It made me remember my house. 

I have already started to miss my place. In my small town, we have a small house but it's very cozy in a friendly neighborhood. Whenever a new person comes to stay in our neighborhood all people welcome them with friendly smiles on their faces and sometimes even offer him some food. But it was different here when I came here I saw all the rooms' doors were closed making me think if anyone even stays here. Even my landlord gave me a hard glare when I entered the apartment with my stuff. It made me feel like I was trespassing the house and he caught me red-handed. It made me go inside my room with fast steps. 

In my neighborhood, there was always hustle on the street. Kids race on the sidewalk with their small bicycles and teenagers hang out at the grounds where they mostly play soccer or baseball enjoying their life but the streets here we're full of busy people who don't even have time for themselves. City life is so different from the life I lived in my small town. The thought of how I will live my life between strangers for the next six months without my family was already scaring me but I have to do it. I have to do it for mom, dad, and Elijah. 

I picked up the family photo I kept on my nightstand. I looked at their smiling faces and it made me smile too. I want to see them smile like this forever so I have to stay here. They look up to me so I have to be strong as the eldest daughter of Kings. I will come over every barrier because they trust me will so I have to trust myself too. I pressed the photo frame to my chest and said in my determined voice "I will work hard to maintain that happy smile on your faces." 

"Sage are you already done unpacking," asked the light of my life in her cheerful voice. I turned and looked at her as she was standing at the door with newspapers and a laptop in her hand. 

"Yeah, the only small stuff is remaining to arrange but I will do it later after we are done searching for a good job for me," I said with a smile on my face while keeping the photo back on the nightstand. She came in with all the stuff in her hands and dumped it on my bed. 

"I told you I will help you unpacking why didn't you wait for me" she complained while looking at me with a small pout on her adorable face. I pulled her and made her sit beside me. 

"You are already helping me so much I don't want to get you stressed more and I didn't bring much stuff with me so it didn't take long for me to unpack them," I said with a thankful smile on my face. She is missing her work to help me and I don't want her to stress more about my situation. 

I don't want to ruin her job in the process of finding mine. 

"Sage, you are not bothering me a bit. I must help you. After all, you are my only best friend," she said while hugging me from the side. 

"I know," I said while hugging her back. 

"So let's start job hunting my friend," she said with a wide grin full of enthusiasm while breaking our hug and taking the newspapers. Her words surge positive energy inside me for a new beginning. 

"Let's do it," I said in my same voice while taking the newspaper. We both circled the jobs which were matching my qualifications. After one hour we were done going through all the newspapers.