Chapter 38

****Follow me and vote****

"Tonight is going to be full of fun" 

"Let's start getting ready ladies, we have so much on our plate today," Sophia said while clapping her hand as soon as they were done exchanging glances with each other. Their words made me look at them with curious eyes. 

"And you chill until then but don't you dare to touch your face," Sophia said while pointing her finger at me before I could open my mouth to ask what was brewing between them. Even before I could nod my head they had all started picking up their clothes hurrying to change into them. I sighed and sat on the chair while looking at the havoc they were creating in the room. I guess I have to wait to know. Not having much choice I just sat quietly looking at them and watching them get ready. In an hour they all were ready looking dazzling in their beautiful clothes. Mom and dad came to my room to see me. Elijah too trailed behind them. 

"You look great" he was the first one to compliment me. 

"You look so beautiful, my child," my mother said with a teary eye while giving me a side hug. 

"You look beautiful to mother," I said as she was too dressed elegantly for the party. 

"I still can't believe our little Sage is getting engaged today," Dad said with a delighted smile on his face while wiping the corner of his eyes. I was tearing up looking at them. 

"I don't want to ruin the moment but please no waterworks guys. Her makeup will get ruined" Sophia said with a tight smile and a pleading look on her face. 

"Yeah yeah we won't ruin your masterpiece," my dad said while waving her off, making Sophie exhale loudly in relief. 

"Isabella, would you like to be my date for tonight?" Elijah asked her with a huge grin on her face. 

"Why not! You are the male version of the Sage whom I wanted to marry so badly" she said while grinning back at him. She winked at him and wrapped her arm around his with a known look in her eyes. She knew Elijah knew the truth. In the past few days, they have bonded with each other so much. They all headed down first leaving me and dad in the room. 

"Just remember I'm always there for you," dad said supportively. 

"I know you always have been," I said with a faint smile on my face as a single drop fell out of my left eye. He doesn't know how badly I wanted to hear those words. It had somehow put my heart and mind at ease. 

"It's time let's go down," my dad said with a huge smile on his face while giving me his arm. I smiled back while curling my arm around him. I was smiling from the outside but from inside I was hell nervous. I don't even know how long I will manage to look calm and composed. God, please save me. I did a little prayer before walking out of the room. Music started to play as soon as I started ascending the stairs in the hold of my father. A smile was plastered to my face but I got ten-time nervous than I was feeling when I found hundreds of eyes on me. I lifted my eyelids nervously to look at all the guests in front of me. They all were looking at me with various gazes. Some were curious, some were happy and some had a sceptical look in their eyes. In all those staring eyes I unknowingly started to find a pair of grey colour eyes. My breath hitched when I found him standing in the middle of the hall looking straight at me without even blinking his eyes. His desire-filled grey eyes roamed all over my body making me feel anxious about my appearance.