Chapter 82

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Sage's pov

I kept running until I was a little away from my house. I was panting slightly when I stopped running. I looked back to see if he was still following me, but no one was there. I took a deep breath of relief. Thank God, I ran away from him before he could catch me. "Now that we have stopped running, would you tell me why we dashed out like that?" Breathless Sophia," she said, standing beside me. My head turned in her direction. I was surprised to find her with me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while looking at her in confusion.

"Don't tell me you don't remember dragging me out of the house with you." She said this in disbelief while showing her hand, which I was holding. My eyes widened, and I immediately let go of her hand. I bit my lower lip in despair and took a deep breath. Now that she pointed it out, I remember seeing her standing in my way and hauling her with me. I started walking to the nearest park. I wanted to sit down for a bit. Sophia followed me. I sat on one of the empty swings. I took a deep breath and started to swing my body a bit.

"Will you now tell me what's going on?" she asked while huffing. She stood beside me with both her hands on her hips while looking at me with questing eyes. I exhaled audibly and stopped swinging.

"I remembered everything that happened last night." I exhaled in distress. Her eyes widen slightly as she looks at my gloomy, embarrassed face. That little fall on his chest cleared all the haze around my mind, and now, sadly, I remember everything.

"Looking at your face, I think it's not a nice memory," Sophia concluded, looking at my face. She was right.

"If only you knew the ways I have embarrassed myself in front of him," I said with slumped shoulders and a hunched back. I have been stupidly drunk enough to embarrass myself like that. I was the one who was giving him the cold shoulder, and I lunged over him like a love-sick puppy as soon as I saw him. I even remember asking him if I should suck him. My face turned red at the mere mention of that memory. I don't know why I even asked him that because I don't even know how to do that. I would have been embarrassed even more if he had let me do it. I recall him trying to stop me every time I attempted to open his pants. I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes in distress.

Why do you have to be like a horny wife after getting drunk?

"Sophia, slap me hard next time if I ever ask for alcohol," I said in annoyance while gripping the metal chains of the swing.

"Do you think I didn't try to do that? Logan stopped me?" Sophia chuckled while looking at my face. Sophia, I know, will do that. A chuckle passed my lips too. I gave a little push to the ground with my legs. I again started swinging. It's of no use crying over spilt milk. What happened last night happened. I can't change anything. I can't keep running from him like that. I have to face him, and I should make up my mind now. I stayed just one day away from him, and it turned me into a drunk honey bitch. I know for sure now that I can't live without him. He is my everything. I know he meant to do good by finding a job for me, but it went in the wrong direction. I have realised that how this marriage-new relationship is new for me is new for him too. We are both trying to do good things in our own way. I should have forgiven him when he apologised to me. I took a deep breath, letting that burden go. I moved my eyes around the small park while swinging my body. So many memories rushed to my mind. I spent a good portion of my childhood playing in this park.

"Sophia, do you remember how we used to play in this park?" I asked her while turning my head slightly to look at her. She was too lost in her thoughts. She stopped swinging when she heard my question.

"I do. How can I forget the golden days of my life?" she said with a big smile on her face. I smiled back at her. We had lots of fun here. We would run to the park as soon as we came back from school. It's been years, but the memory of those golden days still resides in the treasure box of my heart. We both started to talk about our childhood and how we used to enjoy our lives to the fullest without any care. We stayed there for some time, talking. After an hour, we decided to head back. Instead of going back to the house, we decided to go to a restaurant to help Dad.

"Why is there so much of a crowd here?" Sophia asked, looking at the crowd around the restaurant.

"I don't know; come, let's see," I said with furrowed brows.

"Girl, I'm so excited to see him," one of the girls said.

"Me too; I can't wait. Is my lipstick okay?" said her friend, who was done applying the lipstick. I noticed most of the crowd was made up of teenage girls.

"Who are they so excited to meet?" I muttered under my breath while looking at them. My attention was caught by one more excited voice.

"Yes, girl, it's true. That handsome hung chef who appeared on MasterChef last season is here. Yes, I'm sure. I saw him with my own eyes. Come fast to the King's dinner. Yes, I will hold your spot." She cut the call and walked to cue. The wheels in my head started to roll when I heard that. Now I know why there was such a big crowd around our restaurant.

"Look at that long cue." Sophia nudged me while pointing at the long cue of women. All ages of women were standing there.

"All of you stand in one single line." Don't make a crowd. Everyone will get a chance to take pictures with our head chef. Logan gave instructions while gesturing with his hand for everyone to form a line, and everyone obeyed him.

"Oh my God, he is so handsome!" one of the girls squealed, looking at Logan, and the others agreed to it. He winked at them, and I practically heard Sophia grinding her teeth. The head chef walked out, and everyone started shouting. I was just looking at everything with wide eyes. The first girl moved forward to take a picture, but instead of taking a picture, she hugged him tightly. A spark of jealousy hit me. As if on cue, his grey eyes locked with mine from far away. He smirked at me before averting his eyes and smiling for pictures. A gasp left my lips as I shot daggers in his direction.

He just didn't!

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 171.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 26.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.