Chapter 65

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"You are right I'm his wife"

I said to stop them. It made her look at me with wide eyes. She looked from me to him and then back to me. 

"I knew it. I never guess it wrong. So you are this devil's chef's wife" she said cheerfully forgetting about her argument with him. 

"Hey I'm Avery Hutson, his friend," she said while waving her hands at me with a huge smile on her face. Is it me or does she smile a lot? I think I'm being bitch. 

"Hey, Sage King," I said, waving back at her with a big smile on my face. I don't want to look rude. 

"Sage Villian," the head chef corrected me while looking at me with narrowed grey eyes. 

"Guys, I'm done. I need to go back to the hospital now" Isabella said while standing up from her place. 

"You guys enjoy and Sage thanks for the gifts," she said while collecting her bag. She hugged her brother and then said bye to Avery. 

"I need to go too. I will call you and thank you for the gift" Grace said while flashing us a small smile while taking her bag too. She bid us goodbye before walking away with Isabella. 

"I need to go too," Sophia said. I stood up too because I was done too. She hugged me. 

"Keep your guards up and call me if you need help. I know you are very bad at fighting" she mumbled in my ear making me chuckle. She knows me like the back of her hand. 

"I will," I said with a smile on my face after breaking the hug. 

"Thank you for the gift. I'll go and say bye to Logan or else he will keep sulking" she said, making me laugh. 

"That's the Logan I know," I said, giving her bag to her. She smiled at Avery and the head chef before walking away. I looked at the head chef and Avery standing in front of me and smiled a little awkwardly. Only we were left now. I cleared my throat before collecting my things. 

"I think I will say bye to them before leaving," I said with an awkward smile on my face. 

"Sage'' she called my name, making me look at her. 

"If you are not busy would you like to have coffee with me? I would like to know you" she asked with hopeful eyes. I looked at the head chef and then back to her. I bit my lower lip in a dilemma. I was about to sit down for a coffee with my husband's ex. Pair of grey and blue eyes were looking at me. 

"Sure," I said, not wanting to make the situation more awkward than it is for me. What's the harm in drinking a cup of coffee for a bit with her? I sat back and the head chef called the waiter. 

"One cappuccino and two caffè mocha" he ordered while taking a seat with us. He grinned at her while ordering that last thing. He was joining us too. 

"You too still drink the same coffee. I thought you switched to black coffee," she asked with a little surprised look on her face. 

"Sometimes I switch back" he grins but his words made my heart beat in anxiety. His words echoed in my head. Feeling my eyes on him, the head chef looked at me. His brows furrowed a bit in confusion looking at my face. I wanted to avert my eyes but I couldn't. 

"Cappuccino" waiter kept the coffee in front of me, making me look away. I smiled at him while saying thank you. He walked away after giving them their coffee. 

"You are really beautiful," Avery said suddenly while I was tugging my hair behind my ear before taking the sip. 

"You got lucky," she said teasingly while shaping his arm. 

"She is mine," the head chef said while looking at her with narrowed eyes when I was about to say the same thing to her. She was beautiful too. 

"Ohh possessive" she teases him even more and then looks at me. She wiggled her brows in my direction. I just smile while taking a sip of my coffee. 

"By the way, I'm a fan of your love story," she continued further. So he even told her how we got married. I bit my lower lip. Suddenly the sweet beverage started to taste bitter to me. I just couldn't figure it out looking at them. Are they good friends or just pretending to hide their feelings? They continued their banter. Teasing each other.  I just kept quiet the entire time. After coffee, I decided to leave and the head chef stayed. He had some work to take care of. 

"It was nice meeting you. I hope we meet again soon" she hugged me when I was about to go. 

"Same here," I said, hugging her back. The head chef walked me to the car even though I told him it was not needed. 

"Your friend seems nice," I said, stressing the word friend. 

"Yeah, she is," he smiled lightly while taking my hand in his big one. 

"You seem close to her. How long have you known each other?" I questioned even though I knew. I wanted to know it from his mouth. 

"We became friends in high school," he said, not even once mentioning she was his ex-girlfriend. It seemed suspicious to me. No one is close with their ex-girlfriend nor are they good friends with them. I felt a little hurt that he did not even once mention their past relationship. I swallowed the bitter lump that formed in my throat. I smiled faintly at him and averted my eyes before his grey eyes could read them. My thoughts were all over the place. I was about to sit in the car when he took hold of my hand, stopping me from getting in. I turned around with raised brows but instead his full lips connected with mine. My eyes widened at his sudden act of affection. He pulled me more to him with his arm around me, kissing me hard until I was breathless. As if trying to convey something to me. 

"I will see you at home," he said while connecting our foreheads. I just nodded in return, still breathing hard. He pecked my lips a few more times before letting me go. I breathe out with a small nod. I sat in the car with my heart beating a little fast. 

What was that? 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 167.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.