Chapter 43

***Follow me and vote for chapter***

"Let's go in James I will fix it" 

I said in my determined voice while looking into James' eyes. "A-are you sure but what will we say to the head chef if he came to know you entered the kitchen without his permission," he said in his worried voice as he heard me while putting his both hands on my shoulder explaining the seriousness of the situation. 

"I know James what I'm doing if he comes to know he will fire me but it's not important now saving our restaurant's name is important. So let's go because soon we have to start serving food" I said in my assuring voice as I was ready to face the consequences but before I wanted to give myself a fair chance. What if he decides to fire me I will happily leave my job as I will have the small satisfaction of working in the kitchen even if it's my last time. James nodded at me in understanding and like that I took the first-ever step in the kitchen not knowing what will happen to me next. 

"What are you doing here Sage. The head chef will fire you if he sees you" William said in his panicked voice as he tried to push me out of the kitchen before the head chef came. 

"William" I called him but he was not listed so I moved out of his hold. "I know what I'm doing we will discuss later what will happen to me first let's check the fish," I said in my serious voice stopping him by putting my hand on his shoulder. Listening to me he looked at James who nodded his head in yes. William nodded in yes and we walked inside to see the smoked fish. 

"Let's see the fish first," I said as I took it out of the smoker which was wrapped in banana leaves. We all held our breath as I opened the leaf. 

"Oh God it's over smoked it's completely ruined," William said in his panicked voice looking at the fish. 

"I can't even call head chef or chef Oliver, how are we going to fix it?" James said in the same worried tone. 

"Guys don't panic, let me see what I can do," I said in my composed voice trying to stop their rumbling. I was trying to be composed on the outside but from inside a storm was going on in me. 

"Let's first see how overcooked the fish is," I said under my breath but they heard me. I cut the small part and tasted it. It was beyond overcooked taking all the raw taste of fish with lots of smoke. They looked at my face and understood the situation. 

"I knew it was not fixable. What will we serve in the main course? This thing is ruined" James said in his anxious voice. 

"Head chef will have our head served today on a platter with cherries in our mouth," William said as he massaged his template in stress. 

"Stop thinking of an extreme case and let me fix it first," I said while unwrapping the whole fish and transferring it to the big plate. While they were rambling I thought of an idea of fixing its overcooked smoky flavour. 

"James handed me a knife and some pan," I said in my hurried voice. 

"William chops some white onion, celery stick, garlic, fennel, and leek only white parts," I said in my hurried voice as I put the pan on the flame which James handed me. I took out some old herbs I brought from the Asian market. I chopped the leaves and asked James for a muslin cloth and put all the herbs in it. Tying the knot I put aside.