Chapter 16

***Follow me guys and vote for chapter***

I know I won't be able to get a man of my dreams by roaming in a man's disguise twenty-four seven for sure. 

That night her words still kept roaming in my head like a broken record. Even these thoughts felt so weird as I have never experienced them but on the other hand, it was making me curious to know how it would be to be in love with someone. Will, that person loves me the same as my family loves me or more. 

What if he doesn't like my family then what will I do? Will I be able to stay away from my family if he restricts me? 

All these unwanted and unanswered questions kept on roaming in my brain making me lose my precious sleep. I woke up late and I was rushing. I was still so sleepy. I tried my best to keep my eyes open. Half of the time I was roaming in the house with my closed eyes. Eric saw me bumping on the couch when he came back from a run. He gave me the look he always gives me. I think I have now grown immune to it so I just smiled at him and continued to get ready for work. After giving Mint his food I came out of my room in a hurry to leave for work but as I was about to go out someone caught my hand. It made me immediately open my sleepy eyes wide. I slowly turned my head to look back. Eric was standing with a mug in his hand. His deep blue eyes lingered on me as they moved all over my face at a really slow pace. It was somehow able to make breathing hard for me. 

"D--do you need anything," I shuttered as soon as I opened my mouth. I wanted to slap myself for shuttering. 

"Have this before going. If you continue walking with your eyes closed on the roads, the next thing you will bump into will be a car" he said in his stern voice. He could have said it nicely if he wanted to be nice to me. He had a weird way of showing his care. I just nodded at him with a smile on my lips and took the mug from him. His deep blue eyes still lingered on my face. He still had my wrist in his firm grip. My eyes fell on it as he still had not let it go from his grip even after I had taken the mug from his hand. As he saw my eye movements he let go of my hand instantly. With a last glance, he went back to his room. I blew the steaming mug of coffee and took a slip. 

Today I was so late so I didn't bother to make breakfast or coffee. I drank coffee fast and in the process, I burned my tongue. I ignored it and I ran out of the apartment. Today there was extra traffic and it made me, even more, late for my work. Today the grey eye monster is going to kill me. He had already warned me last time if I get late next time he will punish me. As soon as I reach my station. I ran out of the subway and I continued until I reached the gates of my workplace. I stood for a second to catch my breath. 

"You are late today," the security guard said as he saw his watch. 

"I know," I said, still breathing heavily. 

"Did he come?" I asked, looking at him. He understood whom I was talking to and I was hoping he would say no. 

"Like always on time," he said with a sympathetic look on his face. I cursed at my bad luck and with the next deep breath, I ran inside. Today everything was extra slow. First, the subway felt like it was stuck on each stop it stopped, and now this elevator was taking too long to come down. And when it arrived it was feeling like it had become slower. I just wanted to bang my head as today's day felt like hell as soon as I opened my eyes. 

"Sage, take a deep breath. You have been to hell for the past month today is just a little extra. Don't lose your calm and keep cool. Remember you need this job" I whispered under my breath to brace myself for whatever punishment he was going to give me. The door opened after what felt like ages.