Chapter 23

***Follow me and vote for a chapter***

He gestured to me with his eyes to follow him. 

He started walking away but I couldn't even move my toe. A sweet fear with a mixture of anxiety spread throughout my whole body. Sweat beads formed on my forehead. Why does he want me to follow him? 

"Sage, why are you still standing here like that? Let's go and get fresh up, dinner will be served soon" Isabella said when she found me standing like a lost puppy in the middle of leaving the room. I gave her a small nod and exhaled deeply not even realising that I was holding my breath unknowingly until now. He was still mad at me for god knows why. If I don't follow him then it will increase his anger a hundred times. 

"Sage you are still standing there" I heard her voice from a distance and found her already climbing the stairs. It was no use standing here and thinking about what I should do next because nothing was coming up in my mind. I decided to go to my room with Isabella. We both walked to our room together with her telling me about how she enjoyed spending time today. Her schedule is always packed because of her duty at the hospital. I just nodded in response. We both freshened up and changed our clothes. After that, we went down to have our dinner. I smiled at grace and took my seat beside her. Grace and her mother were staying for dinner. I smiled looking at them too. I was smiling for everyone but in the back of my mind a big turmoil was going on. One by one everyone started coming for dinner. 

Every time someone walked in my body stiffened and it relaxed the next second when I found out it was not him. Somehow I was now distracted by Isabella's story. Isabella was telling me a funny incident about one of her patients when I felt a gaze on me. It was trying to bore holes in my face and it made me avert my face from Isabella. As soon as I did that my now relaxed body became tense again. I saw him walking towards us with a stern look on his face. His mad grey eyes were glued on me and as I said his grey eyes were fuming with anger. If he kept glaring at me like that I'm sure I would be puffed like smoke in thin air because of the intensity of his gaze. He was the last one to walk in. He sat beside Daniel who was busy looking at chatty Isabella who was still telling me her story. 

"Isabella passed the grilled mushroom to Daniel" I heard her mother say to her which made her stop talking and look at her with little wide eyes. 

"Me," she asked, getting off guard. 

"Yes it's in front of you," she said because it was in front of her. Saying that she went back to talking with my mother. She lifted the plate and handed it to him. I saw how she shivered when Daniel brushed his finger on her hand while taking the plate. She immediately withdrew her hand. She stopped talking and went back to eating or should I say better words kept playing with her food. Daniel kept looking at her while nibbling on his food. I kept looking at both of them with furrowed eyes. What is happening? I noticed all this when my eyes again clashed with the grey one that was fixed on me. I swallowed hard and lowered my gaze to my plate. I knew he was beyond mad. 

What should I do to save myself from this situation? 

"Why are you not eating your food?" Erick asked me in his firm voice when he saw I was playing with my food. He was sitting beside me and it was the first time he talked with me on his own. I looked at him with little surprised eyes. 

"I'm not that hungry" I replied in my small voice while biting my lower lip. 

"Stop pushing away your food and eat it. You have lost so much weight since the last time I saw you" he said while putting some rice with gravy on my plate. A small smile formed on the corner of my lip when I saw my old friend Erick who acted like mom when I didn't eat my food. He always made me eat the food when I refused to eat because of some heated argument with the head chef or because we were fighting over something. His actions showed he still cared for me as his friend. I blinked away my happy tears and nodded at him in yes. I started eating my food. 

"How is Mint," I asked, remembering my dear pet. I missed him so badly but I didn't dare to go to Erick's place to meet him. 

"Enjoying his life with his new human. He doesn't even remember you" Erick said with a teasing smile on his face. His words made me gasp. 

"You are lying. I know my Mint. I'm going to take him back soon," I said with narrowed eyes. It made him smirk at me. 

"Only when I let you. I will let you meet him but he will stay with me. I will take you to court if you try to separate me from him," he said with a smirk on his face. 

"You won't dare. He is mine" I huffed while turning my face completely towards him. 

"Not anymore he is mine now," he said back, copying my action of facing him.  We both were fighting as if we were fighting for our child's custody. When we both realised we burst out laughing catching everyone's attention. They looked at us with amused looks in their eyes. I was happy to see old Erick back. But my attention was diverted, making me stop laughing when I listened to the snapping of glass. My eyes widened in shock when I saw blood dripping from the head chef's hand. I looked at him with worried eyes to find his mad grey eyes already looking at me. 

"Xanthus your hand is bleeding," his mother said and with me knowing I found my legs moving towards him. I didn't even realise when I had taken his hand in mine. He had a deep cut on the middle of his palm and it was bleeding badly. But he yanked his hand out of my hold before anyone would notice it. 

"Everyone please, continue eating. I had a little cut on my palm in the kitchen. My wound must have opened because of holding the glass too tight" he said in his firm tone while looking at everyone. I know he was lying because it was a fresh cut. 

"Sage please treat his wound," his mother said with worried eyes. I gave her a nod with the same gaze and took his hand to walk him to the living room. When we reached the living room he yanked his hand out of my hold and started walking away in anger. 

"Head chef" I ran behind him but he wouldn't stop. "Let me treat it first," I said while running behind him to stop him. My heart clenched looking at his wounded hand. He stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at me with his fuming grey eyes. He opened his mouth and said those words full of venom before walking out of the house with a blood-dripping hand. 

"I don't need your help. Go back to him" 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 89
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 127

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.