Chapter 85

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

The devil never forgets his bargains.

Our faces were just inches away. His warm breath fanning over my face was doing things for me. His lips were about to meet mine when I flinched. Fanning over my face was doing things to me. His lips were about to meet mine when I flinched. There was a loud knock on the door. I bolted out of his hold, but he wouldn't let me go. I pleaded with my eyes, but he wouldn't let my hand go. There was another loud knock on the door.

"Who locked the door?" Said the person from behind the door. My eyes widened when I heard that voice. It was my mother's voice. I again looked at the head chef, who had an amused look on his face.

"What will they think? Let go of the news," I said pleadingly, making him chuckle.

"What will they think? You are my wife. I have all the right to be in a room," he said while pulling me back to his chest and nuzzling his face in my neck. Yes, we are married, but it still looks inappropriate to be in the storeroom of my family restaurant.

"Elijah, get the keys. I need butter knives," I heard my mother say from behind the door. I heard my brother's faint yes.

"Xanthus, let go of me," I said pleadingly.

"I love it when you take my name, but it's still a no," he said huskily, denying me again while kissing my neck. He took a deep breath while nuzzling his face into my neck.

"What will we say to them? Why were we not opening the door?" I asked with a frown on my face.

"It's simple. I will tell them that my wife dragged me here to kiss me because she was jealous of all the attention I was getting from my fans," he said mischievously, making me scowl at him. My heartbeat increases when I hear the jingling of keys.

"Mom, here are the keys," I heard Elijah saying, which made me look away from him.

"Thank God you got them. I don't know who locked the door," my mother said while getting the keys. I tried to get out of his hold when I heard the twisting of the door knob. My heart was about to jump out of my chest when I saw the door of the room getting opened.

"What are you doing here? You were all this time inside when I was knocking on the door?" My mother asked with furrowed brows when she saw me standing in the middle of the storeroom. I looked at my mom with wide eyes. I turned my head back to find the head chef not behind me.

Where did he go?

"Here are the butter knives. I got them; now let's go." I heard his voice, which made me look in his direction. He walked out of the corner with a small carton in his hands. He acted surprised to see Mom and Elijah. Elijah was standing behind Mom, and he looked at me with raised, questing eyebrows. As if asking what we were doing here. I twisted my lips in distress.

"We were busy finding it, so that's why we didn't hear the knock. I'm sorry we took a long time to find them," he said apologetically, acting innocent while showing her the carter. I came out of my daze and nodded my head like a beagle. My mother looked at me and then at him. Then, the next second, she smiled.

"Oh dear, why did you put in so much effort? You have been helping us since this morning by signing and clicking pictures with your fans. You must be tired," my mother said worriedly. Tired of my foot, he was sitting and receiving everything like a king. I was tired from working in the kitchen nonstop, and no one was even asking me for a glass of water. I scoffed internally.

"Sage, why did you drag him with you?" My mother's tone changed from sweet to cold when she said the last sentence.

"Mom, I didn't drag him. He followed me," I said in my small voice. From the corner of my eye, I saw him trying to hide his smile. He was enjoying this.

"But—" Mom was about to scold me because her precious son-in-law lifted a damn small carton of butter knives.

"Mom, we got it. Let's go; customers are waiting." Elijah didn't let her complete the sentence. He saved me from getting scolded.

"Yeah, I completely forgot about it. Let's go," she said while signalling him to that carton from the head chef. I threw a glare his way before walking away with Mom. I walked into the kitchen, mumbling colourful words under my breath. I helped dad for an hour more. We had to close early because we ran out of all the ingredients. Everything was sold out. Dad made a special dinner in honour of his son-in-law. I helped a dad bring all the food to the table. I was about to take my seat beside Sophia when my mother stopped me.

"Sage, sit beside your husband," my mother said before I could take my seat. My mother gestured to me with her big, threatening eyes when I still tried to sit beside Sophia. I chewed on my inner cheeks and walked to sit beside my dear husband. I saw him hiding his smirk behind the glass of water. I shot daggers at him. I have been ignoring him since I stomped out of the storeroom. Dad even opened his special wine for today's dinner. He is so happy. My mouth watered at the sight of delicious food. I was starving. I had not eaten anything since the morning—only a small sandwich. I served myself a generous amount of food. Dad cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. They were busy putting food on their plates, and I was about to take my first bite. It made us look at him.

"I'm so happy to tell you guys that today we sold out everything on the menu, and it happened only because of my son-in-law. He has brought good luck for us with him," my dad said proudly, making me roll my eyes. All of them nodded their heads.

"I would like to raise a toast in honour of my son-in-law," my dad said, and everyone lifted their glasses. I was the last one to do it. Dad completed his speech after a good five minutes. I just sipped it and kept it. I was so hungry. I cut a delicious-looking chicken and was about to put it in my mouth when I was again interrupted. Now what. 

Why were they not letting me eat food?

"I would like to say something," the head chef said while making me glare at him.

"Go on," my dad encouraged him.

"I know today lots of customers came because of me, but they stayed there because of your hospitality. Everything was good today because the food was being prepared by the best chef in the world. My father-in-law and my beautiful, talented wife She has been working nonstop," he said in the last part while looking at me. I almost choked on my spit. He held my hand beneath the table. I kept looking at him in disbelief.

"Elijah and Sophia did their best to serve them on time, and Mrs. King and Logan handled the crowd very well. It all happened because of team efforts and not only because of me," he said softly and humbly while looking at everyone. All of them were happy when he said that. He made everyone happy. My heart warmed up after hearing his words. He turned his face and looked at me with a sweet smile on his face, and at that moment, my heart began to beat fast. I forgot how to breathe.

"Eat. You have not eaten much since morning," he said while putting more chicken from his plate on mine. All the anger and annoyance I was feeling vanished into thin air. I so fucking badly wanted to pull him away and kiss him. I was so turned on by his small gesture.

Fuck I'm deeply in love with this man!

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 171.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 27

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.