Chapter 82

***Follow me and vote***

I don't want dad to know what I have done.

My eyes were fixed on the head chef who still had an evil smirk on his face. Dad averted his eyes from me and looked at him. I felt as if my heart was beating in my mouth. I fidgeted with my fingers as anxiety kept on increasing inside me. He was about to tell him everything and it was written on his face that he would with no doubt. 

"Mr King. You are here. I was looking for you in the lounge area after parking the car'' I heard Erick's voice which made the head chef close his mouth. I look behind them to find him standing not that far away from us. His blue eyes meet my worried brown ones. He flashed me a look that said don't worry. It made me let go of my breath which I have been holding for so long.

"Erick! I was waiting for you there but then I saw this gentleman in the chef's clothes so I was asking him the way to the kitchen so I could say hey to Sage,"  Dad said with a small smile on his face while looking at Erick and then me. He walked towards us with long steps and stood beside me. Grey eyes eyed the distance between us with hard eyes.   

"He told me he knows Sage and he was about to tell me something about her," Dad said, looking at the head chef and asking him to continue what he wanted to say. My anxiety again kicked in. But before it could reach the higher level Erick took hold of my fidgeting hands in his and talked again.  

"You already met my cousin. He is the one who hired Sage," Erick informed dad in his hurried voice with a small smile on his face. The head chef eyed my hand which Erick was holding with a set jaw. 

"Oh, he is your cousin. I didn't know it. Thank you for hiring my daughter. So this is what you were about to tell me," dad asked in a surprised voice. Dad's words made the head chef look at me and I flashed him a pleading look. My heart started to beat very fast, ready to jump out of my mouth. His eyes remained fixed on me as if he was deciding something. Then his eyes moved back to the hand that Erick was holding. As Erick let go of my hand as if he knew what was going on in his head. I clasped my hands together. I don't know what he will say next. Will he tell dad how I got this job? I started fidgeting with my fingers even more and biting my lower lip in nervousness. He was taking his sweet time. He gave dad a small nod after what felt like an eternity. He almost gave me a heart attack. I let go of my breath. 

"Peter King, nice meeting you," Dad said in his delighted voice while moving his hand forward for a formal handshake. 

"Likewise Xanthus Villian I'm head chef here," the head chef said in his firm voice while taking Dad's hand, giving it a firm shake. 

"So you are the man behind such a successful restaurant. I must tell you this place is so good with such a great ambience" dad complimented him with a genuine smile on his face while looking at the people who were enjoying their food. 

"Thank you," the head chef said while following dad's gaze and then letting go of his hand. 

"But your name sounds familiar. Where have I heard it?" Dad said as he tried to recall it and after a few seconds, his eyes widened in realisation. 

"You are the famous chef Xanthus Villian, owner of Villian's chains of restaurants," dad asked in his astonished voice with a surprised look still on his face. The head chef gave a small nod with a small awkward smile. He is not good when people recognise him. 

"I'm a fan of yours. Your journey is so inspiring. You started your career with a small restaurant and now look at you" dad praised him. He was having his fan girl moment. The head chef smiled at him after listening to his words.