Chapter 55

****Follow me, vote and commend****

Turning around I ran as the frustration of all the week started to fall from my eyes.

I ran not knowing where I was heading while wiping my eyes with the back of my hand which was stinging like hell. More tears fell from my eyes as I kept wiping them. I found myself standing in front of the pantry not thinking much. I walked in and slumped down on the floor in the corner. I pulled my legs to my chest as I curled up in the corner. I let my tears fall more freely as a sob left my mouth. All the emotions I have been trying to cage in me are coming out of my eyes in the form of warm tears. Controlling them was beyond my limits so I decided to let them out. I put my head between my legs and let all the frustration flow out of my eyes. I don't know how long I kept sitting there with my face buried down. 

"Sage, what are you doing here?" I heard Williams' confused voice as he saw me. I lifted my head and looked at him with my red puffy dry eyes and tried to stand up, wiping the remains of the last trace of a tear. 

"You have been crying," William asked me as he saw my poor attempt at acting normal. His eyes widened as he saw the back of my hand. 

"You have burned your hand," he exclaimed as he took my burned hand in his to examine it. 

"It's nothing," I said a little stubbornly as I tried to take my hand out of his hold. Even though it was still hurting I didn't want to get treated. 

"You are saying it's nothing, look at it. You will have permanent burn marks on your hand if we don't treat it soon" he said in his little mad voice as he didn't let me take my hands out of his hold. 

"I'm telling you it's nothing," I said stubbornly as I didn't feel like listening to anyone at this moment I wanted to be alone. 

"If it's nothing then why were you crying because of its pain?" he questioned in his firm voice looking straight into my eyes. The reason behind my tears was nothing compared to the pain of these burn marks. I couldn't tell him the reason because I still was confused and angry to understand it myself. He moved his head in disbelief as he saw my silence. 

"Come let's go and treat it before it gets worse," he said as if he was talking to a five-year-old as he walked me out of the pantry with his hand holding mine in a firm grip. He took me to the upper floor which was only for staff. 

"Sit here and I will go and bring the ointment," he said in the same voice as he made me sit on the couch. I just nodded at him with my eyes still looking at the floor. He walked towards the area where all the essential things were kept. He came back after a few minutes. 

"We always keep the ointment of burn. Head chef makes us keep them as accidents like this always happen with us" he sat beside me while taking my hand in his. He opened the tube and started applying it to my burn marks. As soon as he took his name my eyes started to sting again but I took deep breaths to control my emotions. 

"Sorry, bear the pain a little bit, it's almost done," William said in his mellowing calm voice as he saw the pain on my face. The reason behind the pain on my face is not the stinging pain I feel in my hand but in the centre of my chest.  Why can't he be a little bit like William? Why does he have to scold and yell at me all the time? I thought as I kept looking at William's face who was very carefully applying the ointment on my hand and wrapping a bandage around it. 

"Done! cry baby," he said as he pinched my nose, surprising me with his action. It made a smile form on my lips. 

"Thank you" I mumbled in a small voice as a smile was still on my lips. 

"My pleasure. You wait here I will come back" he said, taking the ointment to keep back as he pinched my nose again with a mischievous smile on his face.